M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Yeah, you missed out the third part, again.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5046|Massachusetts, USA
Strongest weapon is the mind. First and foremost you call the cops. There will be a lot less of a hassle later if you do.

If they see you and panic (grab something, pull a weapon.) Defend yourself by any means, if you carry concealed, draw. If they're too close, grab the closest weapon you can. Any hard object, even a rolled up newspaper.
Which can have the potential to knock someone unconscious. (New York Times is your best option.)

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-08-21 12:59:21)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

UnkleRukus wrote:

Strongest weapon is the mind. First and foremost you call the cops. There will be a lot less of a hassle later if you do.

If they see you and panic (grab something, pull a weapon.) Defend yourself by any means, if you carry concealed, draw. If they're too close, grab the closest weapon you can. Any hard object, even a rolled up newspaper. Which can have the potential to knock someone unconscious. (New York Times is your best option.
Regardless of a person having entered my home uninvited, I'm not going to attack them unless I feel myself or my family is in danger, such as the intruder standing his ground instead of leaving when confronted. If he runs, the police can handle him, if he stays, I'm going to defend myself and my house with whatever is on hand until the police arrive, either by subduing him or forcing him out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol what was that? Run away? No I didn't miss it. I kinda thought that running away was most definitely your best self defense method.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol what was that? Run away? No I didn't miss it. I kinda thought that running away was most definitely your best self defense method.
If you have the upper hand, then no sense in running. If they have the upper hand, makes complete sense to run.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Try hitting them with a fucking cricket bat.

Look, I'll spell it out for you nice and good.

Throw one object.

Hit them with another object until subdued.

Retreat if necessary.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.
You do realize you could also be charged with assault if you did that.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

UnkleRukus wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.
I'm sure there's a law here now whereby if someone enters your home, you are allowed to use whatever means you can to defend yourself.

Some guy stabbed a burglar (might've killed him in the process, can't remember) but he wasn't charged.

Even so, I wouldn't hit them unless they tried to attack me first. I'd make my threat, and if they leave, that's that. If not, I'll follow up with my threat.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2011-08-21 13:09:54)

UnkleRukus
That Guy

M.O.A.B wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.
I'm sure there's a law here now whereby if someone enters your home, you are allowed to use whatever means you can to defend yourself.

Some guy stabbed a burglar (might've killed him in the process, can't remember) but he wasn't charged.
Depends on where you live. There is no Castle law where I am. If someone breaks in, you cannot attack them. Unless you or your family's life is in danger. Pets don't count.) You have to barricade yourself into a room, call the police and wait.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.
well lets just hope you walk in on him with your cricket bat next to you, cuz you are gunna need it when you piss him by trying to hit him a ashtray. Good luck.

You have missed the point of the entire discussion. One last time. NONE NOT ONE of your ingenious solutions takes control of the situation. THAT is the point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

UnkleRukus wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Depends on where you live. There is no Castle law where I am. If someone breaks in, you cannot attack them. Unless you or your family's life is in danger. Pets don't count.) You have to barricade yourself into a room, call the police and wait.
lol holy fuck!! what is more mind boggling is, you guys are proud of that bullshit.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

lowing wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol holy fuck!! what is more mind boggling is, you guys are proud of that bullshit.
I'm not, I personally believe you have a right to own a weapon to defend your property, Every country has a military to defend their property, why can't it's citizens have a weapon to defend theirs.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.
well lets just hope you walk in on him with your cricket bat next to you, cuz you are gunna need it when you piss him by trying to hit him a ashtray. Good luck.

You have missed the point of the entire discussion. One last time. NONE NOT ONE of your ingenious solutions takes control of the situation. THAT is the point.
I've seen police take on a man with a hatchet using a nightstick and have control of the situation within ten seconds. A cricket bat has considerably more weight and reach than a nightstick. You get thumped with a cricket bat and you will go down regardless of how big or tough you are. People have handled burglaries perfectly well without resorting to a firearm.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Throw one object.

Retreat if necessary.

I've seen police take on a man with a hatchet using a nightstick and have control of the situation within ten seconds. A cricket bat has considerably more weight and reach than a nightstick. You get thumped with a cricket bat and you will go down regardless of how big or tough you are. People have handled burglaries perfectly well without resorting to a firearm.
Flip side, cricket bats like baseball bats are large and heavy. Makes them poor choices as defense. Nightsticks are lighter and quicker, and still deal a hell of a lot of damage.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

UnkleRukus wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flip side, cricket bats like baseball bats are large and heavy. Makes them poor choices as defense. Nightsticks are lighter and quicker, and still deal a hell of a lot of damage.
True, but I've got to make do with the most menacing thing I can get my hands on which is also readily available. I've got a big police torch as well, my uncle batted a few perps with that in his time to good effect.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
I carry a 2D maglite in my car for quick defense. The back end of those are indestructible, easily put someone down with it.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6578|Mountains of NC

I'm up for hire as a body guard
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Tell them to GTFO - most burglars aren't looking for a fight.
Otherwise:

UnkleRukus wrote:

I carry a 2D maglite in my car for quick defense. The back end of those are indestructible, easily put someone down with it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6158|'straya

Dilbert_X wrote:

Tell them to GTFO - most burglars aren't looking for a fight.
Pretty much, I walked in on a burglar a few years back and he legged it instantly lol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think I disturbed burglars at the gun club a few years back - no sign of anyone, just all the ammo neatly piled up, not a single round missing.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726
its fucked in australia that you can't buy pepper spray.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5988|Blue Mountain State

SEREMAKER wrote:

I'm up for hire as a body guard
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5988|Blue Mountain State

Dilbert_X wrote:

most burglars aren't looking for a fight.
This.

But for those few that are, I want the upper hand. That's a gun(lots for me) and knowing how to use it effectively.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

its fucked in australia that you can't buy pepper spray.
Our spiders more than make up for that.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6537|London (At Heart)

Guys been charged and remanded in custody, and i still have all my stuff, jackpot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard