Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6709|ATL

RTHKI wrote:

if you cant get steam games to work you probably shouldnt be on a pc
Amen
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA
Does anyone know if the physical disc copy will require Origin to be installed with BF3?
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6709|ATL
I don't think anyone needs to install Origin. The Battlelog feature that keeps your stats and friends etc. was web based. I don't see any reason to go through Origin with a disc copy or Direct2Drive etc.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I'm going to support my friends business and buy it from his store in the village of Tampere. So suck on that EA!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
Seriously considering passing on it. At the very least, definitely not a pre-order.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫
who the fuck cares about steam
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

I gave up on it, made an origin account. Had to sort out in my mind the difference between liking a product and being loyal to it.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6146|Estonia
DEMO version is out? is it worth downloading?
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6686|"The Empire"

Nd4Spdr wrote:

I don't think anyone needs to install Origin. The Battlelog feature that keeps your stats and friends etc. was web based. I don't see any reason to go through Origin with a disc copy or Direct2Drive etc.
I bet they make you register/activate the game through Origin.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Nd4Spdr wrote:

I bet they make you register/activate the game through Origin.
Yeah an article somewhere above said just that
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
The new gameplay footage looks fantastic, but I might wait until EA gets its head out of its ass and comes to an agreement with Valve to release it on Steam.

Fuck Orgin.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Origin will be required to play. Even if you buy it on Steam, you'll have to open up Origin as well, at which point you might as well just buy the retail or digital download from Origin.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.
what's everyone's problem with this?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
Goddamnit.

Camm wrote:

Because we don't want some shitty Steam clone that is forced on us if we want to play BF3. It's like GfWL, but worse from what I can tell.

..That's my problem with it, at least.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

DefCon-17 wrote:

Goddamnit.

Camm wrote:

Because we don't want some shitty Steam clone that is forced on us if we want to play BF3. It's like GfWL, but worse from what I can tell.

..That's my problem with it, at least.
It's better than GFWL, but that isn't saying much. -Sh1fty- could design a better Steam knock-off than GFWL.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

So apparently the server browsing is done through a web browser, which will then basically load shit up and alt-tab for you into the game. I know a lot of people are gonna hate it, but as long as it gets away from the typical Battlefield piss-poor menus and in-game server browsing, I'm happy.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.
origin isn't that bad from what i've seen.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

I have 200+ games on Steam and dont think this Origin stuff is a big deal, I just dont understand it. At worst it will be similar to GFWL which (in my experiences) isn't/wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. At best it will become a healthy competitor to Steam and there will be less of a monopoly.

I assume it will be about the same level as Ubisofts Uplay stuff - slightly annoying but pretty inconsequential.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I have 200+ games on Steam and dont think this Origin stuff is a big deal, I just dont understand it. At worst it will be similar to GFWL which (in my experiences) isn't/wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. At best it will become a healthy competitor to Steam and there will be less of a monopoly.

I assume it will be about the same level as Ubisofts Uplay stuff - slightly annoying but pretty inconsequential.
origin isn't an ingame overlay tack-on to steam. How is it anything like it?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

tazz. wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

origin isn't an ingame overlay tack-on to steam. How is it anything like it?
Obviously they arent the same, it is just an example of something external to steam that pushed its way in and has a store.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

i c
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
From what I can tell, Origin is (in its current form) actually less intrustive than Steam is to actual games. However it is still kinda crap, and lacks most of Steam's functionality.

So it will be at worst a minor inconvenience, and be no where near as much a pain in the anus as Games for Windows Live. Nor will it have as retarded a name.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

BUT GFWL HAS ACHIEVEMENTS AND GIVES ME MORE NUMBERS ON MY GAMERSCORE FOR THE XBOX

Last edited by mtb0minime (2011-08-17 22:58:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

https://cache.ohinternet.com/images/f/f3/Xbawks2.png
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard