Homercide
+21|6584
I read everywhere that people complain about the arty and that it's reloading to fast. That's just crap. In real life it would be possible to continuously shoot arty, and even cover a much larger area, lets say about the size of a footballfield. I say that EA should take that into consideration, and make it so that arty don't need that stupid reload time, and also cover a much larger area. Playing commander is tough enough as it is.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6769
ummmmm.... ok...... start "touching" EA. They will make a 1.4 patch... and...

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-17 09:17:29)

Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6577

Homercide wrote:

I read everywhere that people complain about the arty and that it's reloading to fast. That's just crap. In real life it would be possible to continuously shoot arty, and even cover a much larger area, lets say about the size of a footballfield. I say that EA should take that into consideration, and make it so that arty don't need that stupid reload time, and also cover a much larger area. Playing commander is tough enough as it is.
ahem...that would totally ruin infantry gameplay....if you had arty all the time without reloading what do you think would happen? it would totally piss off ALL infantry on both opposing teams and would prob. cause alot of ppl to stop playing BF2! Would YOU want that?....arty is a very useful tool and tactic and changing the way it is would not be a very good idea! sorry but i disagree totally with what you are saying!

EDIT: plus...playing commander is not hard...al you have to do is give your squads different support to help them get more points which in the end you get the average of which gives you your score!

peace andy

Last edited by c4_he_was_famous (2006-05-17 09:17:05)

Roomaster
+15|6678
it would compleytely ruin the gameplay with the commmanders continulesly destroying almost all of the team.  it would be a game of however destroys the enemy artillery first wins.
uber73
+188|6769|Brisbane
arty could POSSIBLY be more deadly in the centre of its attack, weakening outwards to the extent of its field of destruction... POSSIBLY expanding the area of attack more.

Arty SHOULD DEFINITELY:

a)  Stun troops who are not killed..
b)  Be able to destroy an APC/TANK.. (how many times have we seen arty rain down on either, and for them to just sit there taking it like it was water...)

otherwise, im fine with it..
Couger911
+0|6572
OMG You should think about what u typing before u type it, Football field size arty??? the maps arnt that much bigger, how much fun would that be ...........SPAWN 5secs later ARTY DEAD............15secs SPAWN 5secs later ARTY DEAD.......................YEH THATS A REAL GOOD GAME.

How many servers do you think would be running 12hrs after they relesed that patch!!!!   ER  0

[img]http://www.image-upload.net/files/163/SIGNITUREv2.png[/img]

Last edited by Couger911 (2006-05-17 09:24:40)

Homercide
+21|6584
Actually I wrote the post with a good deal of sarcasm, after a rather frustrating round on wake island. I really really hate arty and wish they could remove it from the game and let it burn in hell for all eternity!
It makes me so mad, it even makes me want to turn off the computer and go out.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA

Homercide wrote:

Just take that idea and lock it away forever. If there was continous arty, the only person in game who would have any fun is the commander. All u would have to do is repetedly click arty on every enemy spawn point and now no1 can spawn without dieing. What an awesome idea.....Not!  Arty is annoying enough as it is, leave it alone.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6748|Peoria, Illinois

Cbass wrote:

Homercide wrote:

Just take that idea and lock it away forever. If there was continous arty, the only person in game who would have any fun is the commander. All u would have to do is repetedly click arty on every enemy spawn point and now no1 can spawn without dieing. What an awesome idea.....Not!  Arty is annoying enough as it is, leave it alone.
Better yet, Make arty available every five minutes or longer instead. It ruins the fun when you can't shoot back at the enemy commander every time he "shoots" at you.
Buzerk1
+44|6853
LOL.... Yeah... I also want arty that cover the map and I reset itself after 2 second... Idealy I shouldn't have to go back to the commander screen and it should fire again by itself too. This way I could fly/tank as the same time... LOL

No really, if you want this, go get the hack from the well known place.... Arty is good as it is and commander doesn't have a hard time if they actually do their job instead of flying and commanding at the same time.
im_in_heaven
+27|6605
YES I DEFINETELY AGREE THAT ARTY SHOULD DESTROY ARMOUR. THE ONLY TIME IVE SEEN ARTY KILL ARMOUR IS WHEN IM IN THE ARMOUR:( iT SHOULD BE VERY EASY TO KILL ARMOUR WITH ART
Homercide
+21|6584
Arty shouldn't destroy armour, at least not in one single hit. Artyrounds are not armourpiercing you know. It's supposed to cause shrapnel.
][v][artini
+31|6737|Netherlands

Homercide wrote:

In real life.... bla bla... well its a GAME and let it be a game and not like real life, thnx
uber73
+188|6769|Brisbane

Homercide wrote:

Arty shouldn't destroy armour, at least not in one single hit. Artyrounds are not armourpiercing you know. It's supposed to cause shrapnel.
i believe that you are talking our of your arse mate...

arty is for DESTROYING anything underneath it... buildings, vehicles, roads....

stop watching movies
no_today
+1|6645

Homercide wrote:

ok your'e right.
but you have to carry in bullets from the enemy base. through enemy lines...... by foot..
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6718|Australia
Shit idea....Next Please
drepamig
+3|6666|Escanaba, MI
If anything should be changed with the arty it should be changing the arty into mortars. It just doesn't seem logical to be firing artillery, meant for long range "fire for effect" style barrages, when your troops can be just feet away from the intended target. Mortars are much shorter range and more of a "I think I see enemies in that field over there, but it's only a few hundred yards away, lets call for mortars." Artillery, on the other hand, at it's maximum range (lets pretend there's an Iowa class BB 20+ miles off the coast of Sharqi), can be off by nearly 200 yards (this comes after just watching Future Weapons on the Discovery channel).

It would also be sort of neat to be able to choose the size of the barage. Small - 15 second respawn, Medium - 30 second respawn, Large (size now) - 45 second respawn. Then it could be use to make enemies turn-tail and run if they think it's a large barage or walk into it hoping it's a small one.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6803|Bulgaria
I know... arty is just fine now! I like it the way it is (let's hope EA don't read it, 'cause they'll think of some changes right away lol )
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6676

Homercide wrote:

Die in a fucking fire.  Slowly.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6644|Warlord
Erm, this sounds good, until you give one moment to think about what it would be like from your point of view if the enemy commander had this ability too............ see the problem yet?
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6730|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
About real life... you CAN NOT shoot arty continuously.  You would have to load the powder for the desired range, get the round in, aim the big fucking gun then fire, then repeat.  The most I've ever called in was a Batt. 6, where a battalion of guns shoots six rounds, and that lasted for maybe and it's a big big maybe, 1.5 minutes.  Then they had to reload the guns which took forever it seemed but was probally only like 5-6 minutes.  Then you get asshat privates who put the power charge in backwards and it forces the gun to go dead while they figure out how to get the big ass bag of powder out without blowing themselves up... take it as it is in the game and deal with it, 'cause arty is the shit even with the wait time.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6650|USA
is bf2 real life?
[FC]bigE
+7|6685|Akron, OH
I think arty is part of the game (though a bit annoying at times) and seems to work fine in terms of reload, area of effect, etc.  I would change a couple of things though:

1.  Explosions near armor.  Even if the arty doesn't kill the tank, they would be extremely stunned and therefore should have a flashbang like effect in the tank

2.  Arty deaths shouldn't show up on your stats/affect your KDR.  I would like to see how my stats were affected by arty strikes, especially since when I just started playing I didn't know the tricks to avoid fire or judge when a barrage was intended for my area.  It should still decrease tickets and add to the commanders score though.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670

[FC]bigE wrote:

2.  Arty deaths shouldn't show up on your stats/affect your KDR.  I would like to see how my stats were affected by arty strikes, especially since when I just started playing I didn't know the tricks to avoid fire or judge when a barrage was intended for my area.  It should still decrease tickets and add to the commanders score though.
<3

^ word

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-05-18 13:44:57)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6636|Manitowoc, WI

uber73 wrote:

arty could POSSIBLY be more deadly in the centre of its attack, weakening outwards to the extent of its field of destruction... POSSIBLY expanding the area of attack more.

Arty SHOULD DEFINITELY:

a)  Stun troops who are not killed..
b)  Be able to destroy an APC/TANK.. (how many times have we seen arty rain down on either, and for them to just sit there taking it like it was water...)

otherwise, im fine with it..
no they dont take it like water because in bf2 water is the most deadly substance known.  Lakes are basicly pools of acid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard