Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada
nonono you guys
visible abs are just a matter of body fat %
if you want them to get wider/more protruding then you have to work them hard but anyone can have visible abs as long as their % is low enough.
so just get sweaty for a bit each day and cutty fatty foods out of your diet

also 11b is right best exercise is captains chair or hanging twists, but those are really hard to do
­
­
­
­
­
­
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.

Stimey wrote:

but those are really hard to do
isnt that sorta the idea?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney

justice wrote:

Yo BF2s fitness gurus, I want some abs, I mean it's fairly solid right there, no spare tyre or anything, but I would like some definition....Gimme some exercises to do (daily) apart from crunches. I don't really work out on a regular basis, but I do run 5 miles every morning on very difficult terrain, so aerobically I'm all good.
Lower your bf% by eating less cals each day than what your body requires to support your current weight.
Eat a lot of protein and continue working out to retain muscle whilst losing fat.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand
They're visible, i dont have much body fat on me (due to the running), but i just want them to be harder/larger i guess, I have no idea why, perhaps the guy next to me at the beach today who made my abs look insignificant has something to do with it....No wait, that's exactly it. OK thanks I'll try those things.
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand

Jaekus wrote:

justice wrote:

Yo BF2s fitness gurus, I want some abs, I mean it's fairly solid right there, no spare tyre or anything, but I would like some definition....Gimme some exercises to do (daily) apart from crunches. I don't really work out on a regular basis, but I do run 5 miles every morning on very difficult terrain, so aerobically I'm all good.
Lower your bf% by eating less cals each day than what your body requires to support your current weight.
Eat a lot of protein and continue working out to retain muscle whilst losing fat.
OK thanks, I've just been on somewhat of a calorie restriction the past month, dropped 12 pounds, I can't really lose any more body from what I can tell, I will up the protein though, I only have 1 meal a day that has significant protein currently, which is my afternoon meal of chicken breast and ham + veg, I don't how much protein is in that though.

Last edited by justice (2011-07-22 20:14:48)

I know fucking karate
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
If you want to build muscle you need to eat more than your body burns each day. Ideally you want to be eating 1 - 1.5g of protein for each lb of bodyweight, eg. if you weigh 160lbs then aim to eat 160 - 240g of protein each day. This can be somewhat hard sometimes, so this is where protein supplements come in.
Stimey
­

pirana6 wrote:

Stimey wrote:

but those are really hard to do
isnt that sorta the idea?
I mean if your untrained theyre virtually impossible
­
­
­
­
­
­
Stimey
­
­
­
­
­
­
­
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand
OK, I'll try and work with those figures as I'm 155, only problem being where I live is things like protein supplements are so damn expensive, all imported from the states, I have access to protein shakes, what else helps?
I know fucking karate
Stimey
­
steak and shrimp and tuna
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Skinless chicken breasts are best because of high protein content/low cals/price. Also salmon, tuna, LEAN red meat, cottage cheese.
Stimey
­
seafood in general* jaekus
­
­
­
­
­
­
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand
Has anybody here tried that insanity workout?

Any good?
I know fucking karate
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Been thinking of using creatine when my injury is all healed.
I never thought about it because it primarely bloated you. Just holding water and making you look bigger, but as soon as you stopped using it, you would lose most of it.

But it seems that this monohydrate stuff doesnt do that and really helps with you overall performance and the gaining of lean muscle.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6832|UK
google dr paul greenhaff

start to read his work

use creapure from degussa.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Creatine is one of the most researched supplements there is.

It also works.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

m3thod wrote:

google dr paul greenhaff

start to read his work

Creapure monohydrate creatine is the one i'd buy.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

m3thod wrote:

google dr paul greenhaff

start to read his work

Creapure monohydrate creatine is the one i'd buy.
Yeah it's pretty much the only one to buy AFAIK.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Creatine is one of the most researched supplements there is.

It also works.
I know it enhanced performance and helped gain weight, but it used to be that most typed of creatine just used water retention to gain that weight, bloating your muscles/body making you look a bit bigger but less lean (a bit puffy).
Although i guess monohydrate doesnt doe that, so thats good.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-07-26 15:47:43)

m3thod
+2,197|6832|UK
correct monohydrate is the way to go all others are junk and creapure is 99.95% pure.

you have to use it with a sports/recovery drink in order for it to be 'shuttled' into you muscles as part of glycogen replenishment.   drink protein 20 mins later.

I think i am one of the lucky ones i dont bloat at all.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Any of you have any experience with creatine (monohydrate)?

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-07-26 15:48:21)

m3thod
+2,197|6832|UK
yeah i use it, i thought that would be evident.

just stick to monohydrate and creapure if you can get it.  The other versions of monohydrate call themselves pharmaceutical grade (400 mesh or something) its just marketing crap.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

m3thod wrote:

I think i am one of the lucky ones i dont bloat at all.
So there is a chance that i'll just get bloated by it and lose most of the mass when i quit using it, or is it just a bloated look that i can shed with a cut?
m3thod
+2,197|6832|UK
you shouldn't lose any muscle mass, just the bloat luck if your unlucky enough to suffer from it.  any weight you lose will be the water you're no longer retaining just don't panic and think you're losing your muscles.

it takes around 3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing for you muscles to start to start regressing, they just don't evaporate overnight.
m3thod
+2,197|6832|UK
plus you can stop any significant muscles loss by doing cardio, something i do when i have to work away from home for significant periods and the gyms are shite.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard