11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

thats not what kmar was talking bout in the post you quoted.
so?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
there really is only one branch of the military thats unnecessary and redundant, if you could even call it a branch...
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

11 Bravo wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

thats not what kmar was talking bout in the post you quoted.
so?
if you were talking bout army, you should mentioned army.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
i think he got the gist

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-07-09 10:26:37)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

SEREMAKER wrote:

shut down the airforce branch
Or merge them with the Army, I never clearly understood the reason behind the Airforce becoming independent of the Army other than "Other nations have an independent airforce."
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

theyll probably just give out 16 year retirement/buyouts
Yes, and get rid of a useless MOS or two.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Or merge them with the Army, I never clearly understood the reason behind the Airforce becoming independent of the Army other than "Other nations have an independent airforce."
That's because you're a moron.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Or maybe I couldn't find a better explanation other than wikipedia which sucks. How about instead of saying I am a moron, you can instead explain to me the reasoning behind it?

Last edited by War Man (2011-07-09 10:37:49)

11 Bravo
Banned

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

merge the army and marines, then the air force and navy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

War Man wrote:

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

Or maybe I couldn't find a better explanation other than wikipedia which sucks. How about instead of saying I am a moron, you can instead explain to me the reasoning behind it?
Why is the navy separate? Because they work at sea. The army works on land, and the air force works in the air. The only odd duck is the marines, but they aren't even a real branch.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

Why is the navy separate? Because they work at sea.
and land.  so what else?
War Man

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why is the navy separate? Because they work at sea. The army works on land, and the air force works in the air. The only odd duck is the marines, but they aren't even a real branch.
Helicopters are in the Army, working in the air. Explain that.

Also, Navy happens to have aircraft working in the air, too.

Oh look, Marines have aircraft too.

Every fucking branch has a fucking airforce of its own.

Last edited by War Man (2011-07-09 10:46:41)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

you mean airwing division
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I would ask why do we still need the marines if there hasn't been an amphibious landing in 60 years, but I know I would get flamed for asking that so I won't.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

think of it as a ground force aboard a aircraft carrier that can jump on a helio and have boots on the ground within hours
11 Bravo
Banned

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I would ask why do we still need the marines if there hasn't been an amphibious landing in 60 years, but I know I would get flamed for asking that so I won't.
hence why i said what i said a few posts up
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State

War Man wrote:

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

Helicopters are in the Army, working in the air. Explain that.

Also, Navy happens to have aircraft working in the air, too.

Oh look, Marines have aircraft too.

Every fucking branch has a fucking airforce of its own.
army's airwing is practically dedicated to support of ground troops.

navy's air wing is dedicated to support of it's ships

air force is dedicated to air superiority. lerp.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Why even bother to consider merging the Army and the Air Force? The administrative overhead just wouldn't be worth it.

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why is the navy separate? Because they work at sea.
and land.
and air.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why even bother to consider merging the Army and the Air Force? The administrative overhead just wouldn't be worth it.
yeah it would be, the DOD budget wouldn't be the gigantic $ as it is

take a 100& of the airforce, shave 50% off and divide the other 50% between Army and Navy .... sounds easy doesn't, well it is

Army re-establishes the Army Airforce, they expand the airwing division to accommodate an influx of new personal and planes

Navy expands their branch to absorb new personal and take over airforce bases that are along the seaboard both stateside and overseas

close down all other Airforce Bases - Airforce Academy stays but now is Army/Navy Academy

Air National Guard stays but is listed under Army

of course all personal would not be transferring over to either branch

would it be a hair pulling experience, yes but thats life
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It wouldn't change anything. Totally pointless.
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
To coordinate large scale air missions and the logistics tied to them it's best to treat it as a seperate branch (i.e. airforce). That's the reason.

eleven bravo wrote:

back in april my recruiter buddy told me that they dont have to meet quotas anymore.  the army is full.
Been that way here since 2008/2009....

inane little opines
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
The hell? I want to join the army.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

The Army does so well with deep strike. It would be an awesome idea to turn strategic bombing over to them.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

The Army does so well with deep strike. It would be an awesome idea to turn strategic bombing over to them.
Worked OK in WW2
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
You know how shitty our Economy is.... They're actually fireing service members..

Wow 15 years ago the recruiters were all but sucking dicks to get people to join, now they're full. We as a country are fucked and I can imagine that the Army and the Airforce aren't far behind with letting people go.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard