SamTheMan
­
+341|5143|Stoke, England
sick
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6412|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Sick is right.

Just one thing, HK-47 needs a deeper voice, not some 3PO sounding voice. He's an assassin, not some pansy.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

SplinterStrike wrote:

Just one thing, HK-47 needs a deeper voice, not some 3PO sounding voice. He's an assassin, not some pansy.
Agreement: This was my thought as well. You show excellent logical skills...for a meatbag.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

I still would have taken KOTOR 3 over a MMO. I'm not going to buy this!
TimmmmaaaaH

Macbeth wrote:

I still would have taken KOTOR 3 over a MMO. I'm not going to buy this!
It looks like it pretty much is. If you just buy it and play the free month then you will have time to experience most of the story and you can just pretend. It is definitely solo and story orientated as far as I have gathered.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'd prefer they continue KotOR or Dark Forces than try to keep edging into the MMO scene. I can see why the franchise wants to stay in the game, though.

And whatever happened to our space combat games? They just give up after Tie Fighter and XvsT?
firebolt5
+114|6156

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And whatever happened to our space combat games? They just give up after Tie Fighter and XvsT?
At least there's going to be space combat in the game though.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

firebolt5 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

At least there's going to be space combat in the game though.
LOL

pew pew pew oh no you can't go there, please continue on your prechosen track, thank you

pew pew pew
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Pretty much.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345

They should stop making the game and start making a movie.

Last edited by Sisco (2011-06-09 23:50:50)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

Sisco wrote:

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Sisco wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwpdwqVO … r_embedded

i want to play as a sith gunslinger fuck yeah.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6765
They really should make a movie based on this. And not let G Lucas ruin it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

George Lucas would come back from the dead to ruin his own IP.

I've a couple friends who are getting this, so I may be drawn into it. Can't be worse than Star Trek Online.
TimmmmaaaaH

If I get to play sith/jedi for 50 levels and have a bit of fun in pvp I am happy. Not expecting any more than that.
TimmmmaaaaH

So I got into a weekend beta for this last week. Breaking NDA saying that but stuff is all over the internet and they dont seem to care - not like I have beta access to be revoked.

I was really impressed with it. It is literally the same standard as Mass Effect story and dialogue-wise and plays the same during conversations - 3 choices, with interspersed light side/dark side choices. I tried a couple of classes and all the class storylines were distinct and intriguing. There is an absurd amount of voice acting, it isnt like AoC where only the first 20 levels are voiced then the 60 after are not.

If there was literally nothing at the endgame (which isnt the case, as there is a pvp planet and some kind of raid(s) I am fairly sure) I would still be very satisfied playing through a couple of classes - each one is basically a full RPG with its own story. Side quests - basically any quest from an mmo that isnt story based - are obviously the same for everyone but still fully voiced and actually interesting.

I was sceptical as far as the voice acting and storytelling and was expecting it to just be a different delivery method for standard collect 10 bear asses type quests but I was drawn to keep playing not to level up but to continue the story which I think is a huge achievement in an MMO. They have done a really good job of merging the two genres - it is basically Mass Effect/KOTOR except instead of a third person shooter you have an MMO (for all of its advantages and disadvantages).

If you dont give a shit about star wars this is obviously not for you, I really dont think someone who is playing just to get to level 50 and do raids/pvp whatever is going to like this game - and I fully expect it to be quite divisive for the MMO crowd, who lets face it, are generally the worst type of gamer. Instances ("flashpoints") are actually really fun to do as the 4 people in the party (max party size) all contribute in conversations throughout the dungeon, you select a response then the game rolls a dice for everyone and the highest actually speaks. These dungeons also change how they play out depending on conversation choices - like killing off an NPC you are talking to, choosing to rescue/not rescue x people etc. I was really impressed at how well they worked, I was very sceptical of combining dialogue, story and choices in a group setting but it works really well.

I went from on the fence to preordered after playing the beta but I love Star Wars, KOTOR, Mass Effect and generally like MMOs so it is really right up my alley. Anyway, a lot of words but thought it was worth sharing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Revive inspired me to go watch more gameplay videos. For whatever reason, YAWNFEST, but it could just be that it's late and I'm cynically seeing pew-pew for what it is: pew-pew.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

So I got into a weekend beta for this last week. Breaking NDA saying that but stuff is all over the internet and they dont seem to care - not like I have beta access to be revoked.

I was really impressed with it. It is literally the same standard as Mass Effect story and dialogue-wise and plays the same during conversations - 3 choices, with interspersed light side/dark side choices. I tried a couple of classes and all the class storylines were distinct and intriguing. There is an absurd amount of voice acting, it isnt like AoC where only the first 20 levels are voiced then the 60 after are not.

If there was literally nothing at the endgame (which isnt the case, as there is a pvp planet and some kind of raid(s) I am fairly sure) I would still be very satisfied playing through a couple of classes - each one is basically a full RPG with its own story. Side quests - basically any quest from an mmo that isnt story based - are obviously the same for everyone but still fully voiced and actually interesting.

I was sceptical as far as the voice acting and storytelling and was expecting it to just be a different delivery method for standard collect 10 bear asses type quests but I was drawn to keep playing not to level up but to continue the story which I think is a huge achievement in an MMO. They have done a really good job of merging the two genres - it is basically Mass Effect/KOTOR except instead of a third person shooter you have an MMO (for all of its advantages and disadvantages).

If you dont give a shit about star wars this is obviously not for you, I really dont think someone who is playing just to get to level 50 and do raids/pvp whatever is going to like this game - and I fully expect it to be quite divisive for the MMO crowd, who lets face it, are generally the worst type of gamer. Instances ("flashpoints") are actually really fun to do as the 4 people in the party (max party size) all contribute in conversations throughout the dungeon, you select a response then the game rolls a dice for everyone and the highest actually speaks. These dungeons also change how they play out depending on conversation choices - like killing off an NPC you are talking to, choosing to rescue/not rescue x people etc. I was really impressed at how well they worked, I was very sceptical of combining dialogue, story and choices in a group setting but it works really well.

I went from on the fence to preordered after playing the beta but I love Star Wars, KOTOR, Mass Effect and generally like MMOs so it is really right up my alley. Anyway, a lot of words but thought it was worth sharing.
Thanks man, I'll be sure to preorder as well!
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

This is all I needed to know about the game.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
This looks appealing.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

The NDA is lifted. Got a chance this weekend to play in the beta. If I think about it I will post some screen shots. Overall a fun game so far, what little I have played. If not for the monthly charge I would consider buying it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Played the beta. Timmmmah's opinion's reflect my own.

However the PC's VO get's annoying. They reused as much of it as they could, and after a few hours you notice it all the time.

Remember my name. Spread it around.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

these guys email me like every five minutes
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
I find it funny that the Sith Empire have British accents while the Republic has American accents.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard