Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6200|NSW, Australia

Don't know?? Maybe I could send it back via post or something?
I've never travelled out of Aus so I don't know any rules about customs or whatever. Just got my passport on Friday
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

You still have to claim.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
post will come in the same way that anything you bring back personally will... if it works in any way like it does in the UK... you have to 'declare' things on your person that are not tax-exempt and you will have to pay duty and import tax on them, i.e. you may lose all savings and discounts from buying abroad. same thing happens to discourage people always buying their goods and expensive gadgets from abroad and then just shipping them in... doesn't quite work like that, the local government and tax-man still want their share of your consumption!

Last edited by Uzique (2011-07-03 05:46:58)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

You might be able to claim some things as a gift. I sent Zimmer a zune HD that way.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5969

Kmar wrote:

You might be able to claim some things as a gift. I sent Zimmer a zune HD that way.
this
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Depends on local customs really.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
just bring back some of those hawaiin neck-wreaths of flowers for the customs officials and dance a little hulu and you'll get through fine
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

post will come in the same way that anything you bring back personally will... if it works in any way like it does in the UK... you have to 'declare' things on your person that are not tax-exempt and you will have to pay duty and import tax on them, i.e. you may lose all savings and discounts from buying abroad. same thing happens to discourage people always buying their goods and expensive gadgets from abroad and then just shipping them in... doesn't quite work like that, the local government and tax-man still want their share of your consumption!
In Aus any import under A$1,000 is duty and tax exempt.

Its why all our shops are closing.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
in the UK it's a lot stricter.

it's why all our citizens are emigrating to australia.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-07-03 06:24:17)

Uzique wrote:

just bring back some of those hawaiin neck-wreaths of flowers for the customs officials and dance a little hulu and you'll get through fine
a lei
i think it best you order th eparts online through a USA dealer then?
sorry i havent seen any electronic parts stores there. lucky they have best buy. electronics are more expensive than on the mainland but yeah prolly cheaper than upsidedownland. and the tax there is only like 4%!   
Benzin
+576|5969
Hey Kim, I've not read the entire thread but did you live in HI for a long time? You talk of the place like one of my friends who used to.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
go to maui mikes
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

go to maui mikes
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State

11 Bravo wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Kmar wrote:

My parents went last summer. I was responsible for editing all of their video... which was a metric shit ton of helicopters over lava flows.
yeah heli is THE BEST way to see the flow.
or you can join the suck and train in the lava fields.  either way.
PTA sucks
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat

Nappy wrote:

Thanks for the tips everyone.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you want to surf and don't really know what you're doing, just don't turn your back on the ocean (figuratively). Freshen up on safety and at least read up on how to (possibly) swim away from a rip current.
Been swimming since I was a baby
I can surf longboards, not short ones though (Haven't really tried to be honest)
I've been surfing forever, but not in Hawaii much unfortunately. It's a lot different than surfing everywhere else because of the locals and the waves. If you do go surfing be careful of which beach you go to, if you go to a local spot, be warned, the big ass Samoans get really fucking angry if you get in their way. My friend almost got his nose broken that way. Wave wise, (you live in Aussieland?) everything is more shallow. A lot of good surfing is near coral or in shallow water, so make sure you test the water depth before catching your first set. Otherwise, it's some of the best surfing conditions I've ever been in.

Last edited by Reddhedd (2011-07-03 16:40:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard