Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
Well, cigarette cases look better anyway. (don't smoke myself but still )

Last edited by Shocking (2011-06-21 15:07:55)

inane little opines
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
I think what we really need is a 'too much government is bad for you' warning.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
i reckon we need more government.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam
OBAMINATION DDERP DERP GOVT DERP DERP TOO MUCH DERP DERP OBAMA DERP DERP LEFT HIPPY DERP DERP CARBON DATING IS FAKE DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

i can see where this thread is going and im saving us all a lot of time by summarizing the following 5 pages.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

Kampframmer wrote:

OBAMINATION DDERP DERP GOVT DERP DERP TOO MUCH DERP DERP OBAMA DERP DERP LEFT HIPPY DERP DERP CARBON DATING IS FAKE DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

i can see where this thread is going and im saving us all a lot of time by summarizing the following 5 pages.
Needs more DERP
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Kampframmer wrote:

Is the topic too difficult for you to grasp? Try to refute my last point.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

We've had photos of diseased body parts on cigarette, tobacco and cigar packets for ages now. Australia's already looking into getting a uniform ugly khaki pack which feature nothing but the brand name in a standard font and a gross image.

I don't think plain packaging will work. Take away a company's brand and all they have left to compete on is price. Prices fall, cigarettes become more accessable, more people smoke.

I get Hurricane's idea that "well perheps everything needs to have warning stickers" - but cigarettes are different. They don't really do anything for anyone, they're not a necessity for life and the only thing the provide is a feeling of relaxation, disease and death. Fast food is, and I have always said this, staple foods. Humans are programmed to go for three tastes, sugar, salt and fat, it is part of our make up. The problem with fast food is when people eat too much of it. The same can't be said for cigarettes. Every cigarette does damage. Every cheeseburger does not.

Thing is these stickers are aimed to prevent new smokers from starting, I doubt they'd have much effect on seasoned smokers they haven't seemed to here. I don't see a problem with the intent at least. Smokers who feel discriminated against... well, now's your chance to buy a cigarette case and be a classy bitch.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
stupid FDA.  why not put pics of dead fat people on mcdonalds wrappers?  this is what i hate.  i dont care so much they are doing this, but dont just pick on one thing.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

11 Bravo wrote:

stupid FDA.  why not put pics of dead fat people on mcdonalds wrappers?  this is what i hate.  i dont care so much they are doing this, but dont just pick on one thing.
that will come in time.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
they should put pictures of polar bears standing on melting icebergs at the gas station

or pictures of CAFOs on beef at the supermarket
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

11 Bravo wrote:

I can't think of a group that is lobbying to have that done.  The cigarette thing is being pushed because there are groups pushing this to our lawmakers.

There are small unorganized efforts to call attention to how unhealthy fast food is...but it pretty much died down after the "supersize me" frenzy died down.

The anti-tobacco lobby is just louder and more organized.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
let's start a slavery lobby
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I can't think of a group that is lobbying to have that done.  The cigarette thing is being pushed because there are groups pushing this to our lawmakers.

There are small unorganized efforts to call attention to how unhealthy fast food is...but it pretty much died down after the "supersize me" frenzy died down.

The anti-tobacco lobby is just louder and more organized.
Bunch of Nazis.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
or maybe a lobby for giving the death penalty to mods who let people with the cognitive function of homo erectus back in to the forums
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6667|NJ
Well first off, the higher taxes on smoking is creating a black market for them. So our government is funding terroism by being stupid.

Second they created the Fire Safety Cigs which no one has any idea what that's going to do to peoples bodies.

Third, they should just stop stealing our money.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-j … moking-ban
11 Bravo
Banned
four

dont smoke
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4717|USA.. duhhh
work with cadavers in the past.. seen way too many smoker lungs to get myself to quit.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6667|NJ

11 Bravo wrote:

four

dont smoke
five "don't tell me what to do" and I won't tell you
11 Bravo
Banned

cpt.fass1 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

four

dont smoke
if i have to pay for it via tax money then yes i have a say
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
I dont like churches myself
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
nor do i
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'd still like someone to explain the difference between taking away a decision and making the decision so uncomfortable that you're left with one choice anyway. I'd also like someone to explain to me why other people think it's ok to tell me how to live my life but would go batshit crazy if someone tried to do it to them.

I smoke. I quit in February and started smoking again at the end of May. I've smoked for 11 years now. During the time I quit I got into more arguments over retarded shit with my fiancee than I had during the previous six years that we've been together. Smoking helps me maintain my temper by giving me an 'out'. Something stressing me out? Go outside, light up a cig and think about it calmly for a few minutes. Problem solved.

Does it smell bad? Yes. Is it probably going to kill me in the end? Yes. Do I wish I'd never started? Yes. None of that changes the fact that the habit is so entrenched in my personality that giving it up is like ripping out a piece of me. So kindly fuck off with the taxes, and the renaming of brands, and the relabeling of the box. All it does is make me want to smoke more to spite the assholes that continually try to shove their opinion on me. Mayor Bloomberg raised the price of my smokes by $6 since he entered office. So here's a nice big flip of the bird to him. I'm going outside.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

four

dont smoke
if i have to pay for it via tax money then yes i have a say
You ain't paying for shit. So no, you have no say.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
ive been a smoker for 15 years
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Shit Jay, I didn't know you had fallen off the wagon. Sorry to hear it man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard