Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Of course it's not going to have an advantage, does not mean it will be exactly the fucking same either.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
This is the internet. I'm allowed to be a douche.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
why can't fuckin everything go through tin like in BF2

one of my lulziesy kills was when I LMG'ed a F2000 user after he flashbanged me around a tin fence, just sprayin back and forth

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-06-17 19:10:07)

Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5924
Just played a round of BF2 after an absence of about 3 years, noticed a few things:

1. I now find it hard to play games without health regeneration. Just jumping off a small rock in BF2 and injuring yourself can mean that you will be dead very soon.

2. I hated the idea of all health regeneration in the new BF3, especially the vehicle one. HOWEVER, after driving a jeep across some hills on Dragon Valley and after about 40 seconds see the health bar on red, I think a very slow health regeneration on vehicles will be welcome.

3. I am now terrible at BF2.

4. Three years ago I was gunnery sergeant, today I'm now a four-star general. No idea how that works, but I won't complain!

Last edited by Pure_Beef_68 (2011-06-18 04:10:41)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Just played a round of BF2 after an absence of about 3 years, noticed a few things:
1. It's your experience, but I still call bullshit. Battlefield 2 isn't hard without regen. There's several ways to heal: supply crate, medic/medic-vehicle ambient, medikit pickup, dying-reviving or dying-respawning. All of these are readily available. Fall damage is easily remedied by parachutes, and dying is remedied by roving spawn points and limitless revives as long as a willing medic is alive and nearby. Bullets and explosives do enough damage that your current level of health ls rendered trivial.

2. I still hate the idea of it, but I guess I'll have to grudgingly accept it as a concession to weaker players.

4. Not even going to care about however they do the ranks in BF3, because the military-esque awards system they had in BF2 is undoubtedly just going to be blocky achievement icons done console-style. I could be wrong on this, but I haven't tracked BF3 too closely.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
2. fuck weaker players. Tell them to get better.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

DrunkFace wrote:

srs bsns
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

DrunkFace wrote:

I'd love to see that happen, but it ain't.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I used to have trouble keeping my buggies in Bf2142 from taking damage when I drove. Solution? Regen health! Screw that! I just tried to drive better and I don't have that problem anymore.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat
I'm hoping they implement some kind of extra perk system like in BC2, especially in the vehicles. I liked the increased vehicle armor, faster movement speed, etc. But I think counter measures and alternate fire should come standard, otherwise choppers will get raped by jets and tanks will be useless against close ranged infantry.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Reddhedd wrote:

I'm hoping they implement some kind of extra perk system like in BC2, especially in the vehicles. I liked the increased vehicle armor, faster movement speed, etc. But I think counter measures and alternate fire should come standard, otherwise choppers will get raped by jets and tanks will be useless against close ranged infantry.
you're trolling, right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

1. I now find it hard to play games without health regeneration. Just jumping off a small rock in BF2 and injuring yourself can mean that you will be dead very soon.

2. I hated the idea of all health regeneration in the new BF3, especially the vehicle one. HOWEVER, after driving a jeep across some hills on Dragon Valley and after about 40 seconds see the health bar on red, I think a very slow health regeneration on vehicles will be welcome.
I think health degeneration would make more sense.
Its not as if bleeding makes you better, would introduce a whole new concept and require very different tactics.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

Reddhedd wrote:

tanks will be useless against close ranged infantry.
Nope.

The main gun was pretty good againt close range infantry, although you had to hit them with it to get a one hit kill, but it wasn't that hard. However, I try to avoid getting in close; tanks are more effective, and safer, at range.

Last edited by henno13 (2011-06-19 07:54:47)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Dilbert_X wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I think health degeneration would make more sense.
Its not as if bleeding makes you better, would introduce a whole new concept and require very different tactics.
everything that makes you completely dependent on teammates is HORRIBLE for a pub game
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
The EA forums are hilarious.

The EAUS forums are filled with a bunch of immature console players with serious entitlement issues who cry that DICE doesn't care about the consoles anymore.

While the EAUK forums are filled with a bunch of immature PC players with serious entitlement issues who cry that DICE doesn't care about the PC anymore.

The duality is mind-blowing.
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4717|USA.. duhhh

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The EAUS forums are filled with a bunch of immature console players with serious entitlement issues who cry that DICE doesn't care about the consoles anymore.

While the EAUK forums are filled with a bunch of immature PC players with serious entitlement issues who cry that DICE doesn't care about the PC anymore.

no surpise to me that most gamers are like that..most gamers are a bunch of idiots these days
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

I honestly think BF3 will be a good game.
If both sides are complaining they're either doing something right, or something horribly wrong. Seeing as it's their biggest game in years (perhaps to date) I can't see the latter happening.

Yeah, it won't be BF2 reskinned, yeah it will have elements of BC2 (which I enjoy playing) But the good players always learn to adapt, and that's what I will do with BF3.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

as much i bitch im looking forward to it.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

jsnipy wrote:

as much i bitch im looking forward to it.
Yeah same.

It's not going to please everyone, no game possibly can. They have a different audience than they did when BF2 came out and they would be stupid to cater for the old school players and ignore the newer generation. I know there will be elements that bug me when it is released, but I'm willing to give the game, and DICE, a chance. If it is better than BC2, which I am most certain it will be, I will be happy. Even if it was BC2 with bigger maps and jets so it's more of a sandbox style of play rather than funnelled into the meat grinder like BC2 tends to be on certain maps, that will be a vast improvement IMHO.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
Well one of the guys on it said that the guns will have deviation (i.e. they aren't 100% accurate) which is a really good thing. I believe that all of BC2's problems were a result of a lack of deviation on the weapons.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

Well one of the guys on it said that the guns will have deviation (i.e. they aren't 100% accurate) which is a really good thing. I believe that all of BC2's problems were a result of a lack of deviation on the weapons.
interesting.  tell us more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

no surpise to me that most gamers are like that..most gamers are a bunch of idiots these days
Fixed. Gamers have always been idiots. You're just old enough to recognize it now
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

BC2 weapons have deviation. It might not have been lolzy L5A1-can't-hit-the-guy-two-feet-away-from-me-on-full-auto deviation but it had deviation nonetheless.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

Jay wrote:

BC2 weapons have deviation. It might not have been lolzy L5A1-can't-hit-the-guy-two-feet-away-from-me-on-full-auto deviation but it had deviation nonetheless.
L85A1 was AMAZING, shush dude...

lol ik, but it was horribly inconsistent... once I sprayed down 4 people in a single half-clip burst in the hotel in sharqi

BC2 did have deviation but not enough, too many people shooting their SMGs across the map
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
BC2 did not have deviation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard