Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

A woman Austin movie theater was warned twice to stop texting during a screening. When she refused to comply, the staff of the Alamo Drafthouse kicked her out.

She was pissed, and left an angry voice mail on the theater's phone line.

So as Yahoo's The Lookout reports, the Alamo Drafthouse took the recording and turned it into a spot that warns customers against using their cell phones. Now they show it before every R-rated movie.

But the hilarious part was that they also transcribed the call, stumbles and all -- including what sounds like "Magnited States of America."  The words show up as the girl talks. Embarrassing.
http://www.businessinsider.com/movie-th … irl-2011-6

snickers texas snickers Magnited States of America
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I heard this last week. I think it's actually pretty good advertising for the theater. Kick those fools out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

you know
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Dumb bitch.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

haha that was great
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

DUnlimited wrote:

haha that was great
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6633|Groningen, The Netherlands
I text during the commercials up front, kick me out?
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Don't take a call maybe, but I see nothing wrong with texting.

Besides cinema is more of social thing, if I want to really get immersed in a film I'll do it at home where it's quiet and comfortable.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I will do it, but I will make sure no one can see the screen.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Right on, I like this sort of thing.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
Phone call during the film: step outside and take it or let it go to voice mail. Either way, don't answer it inside the room where the movie is playing.

Text: not a problem.

That's fucking ridiculous to kick someone out because they were texting. As long as the phone is on silent, why should the other people care?
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Texting can be problem (depending): Receive message noises, the light from the phone.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

13/f/taiwan wrote:

As long as the phone is on silent, why should the other people care?
Yeah, but compare that tiny light to the one being projected through the big screen.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
The lights from phones annoys me at the movies.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

i keep my phone close to me to block the light.  and its usually only during really shitty movies that nobody cares about anyway unless im expecting something important.

also, if youre distracted by a 3" lcd compared to the 2 storey picture on the screen... youre not really watching the movie anyway
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

jord wrote:

Besides cinema is more of social thing, if I want to really get immersed in a film I'll do it at home where it's quiet and comfortable.
The light from your phone's screen is bright as shit in a theater.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Benzin
+576|5969
Had a guy next to me in the theater a few weeks ago start taking texts on his phone and that shit was BRIGHT. Sorry, but if you're in the theater, leave the bloody thing in your pocket and don't bother anyone with it. Asshole then had the nerve to start taking calls after he was texting...
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
i hate it when you are in the cinema and there is a huge spot of light when someone is texting in front of you.
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

CapnNismo wrote:

Had a guy next to me in the theater a few weeks ago start taking texts on his phone and that shit was BRIGHT. Sorry, but if you're in the theater, leave the bloody thing in your pocket and don't bother anyone with it. Asshole then had the nerve to start taking calls after he was texting...
I had a dumb girl waving her phone around, it was like a torch.
She turned it off after I asked..
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

Jay wrote:

jord wrote:

The light from your phone's screen is bright as shit in a theater.
I've never fully enjoyed a film at the theatre. People are just too noisy, but that's to be expected because people usually go to the cinema with others (except hurricane) so they're going to talk and laugh and shit. Then you've got asshole kids if it's a PG/12A/15.

A little light is a lesser annoyance than that for me.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Their theatre, their rules. You go to a movie, turn your fucken phone on silent, ignore the phone and watch the movie. That's the point of going to the cinema.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

jord wrote:

people usually go to the cinema with others (except hurricane)
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6633|Groningen, The Netherlands

jord wrote:

Phones these days (especially smartphones) have quite a bright screen, it can be very annoying in a dark place like the cinema.
Hell when I'm texting during the commercials I get annoyed about how bright my own phone is
I go to the cinema to get immersed in a film, the social aspect of going there is before and after right
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK
Kicking her out for texting is over the top even if she is an idiot.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

wah1188 wrote:

Kicking her out for texting is over the top even if she is an idiot.
Nah

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard