KonhradQc
+1|5954
allo

went to a clan forum today to write this
i am very discontent about this no fighting rule for commander
and would like the community to express them opinion
i will continue to write it to all clan forum using the rule :

the best practice in a game is the FF On, it condemns the player to pay attention to the other teammates and restrain him(her) to not throw a grenade every where therefore a server with this difficulty is in my appreciation a very good server
you guys have a(many) very good server congrats

but i am very displeased with the commander not fighting rule

i think it might be the stupidest rule ever( don’t worry your server is not the only one) i have a long way to go to convince every players in the circuit

i understand the concept behind it but the only goal that rule achieves is that it gives us most games without commanding officer instead of only commanding players...

he doesn’t do his work if a commander keep for himself the uav, and play alone, there is still a mutiny possible but you can't ask a player ''to sit (or prone) around'' waiting for an heli to kill him as he is sending uav to his troops? a guy has to defend himself and be attentive to the sniper sneaking to his throat with a knife, the time he do that his troops are missing supplies, and if he is killed by artillery they also have to wait, fair enough, a commander standing in the uncap may still be kill by spec ops behind enemy lines, so a commander is still in the game and his stats are touched by any deaths he may suffer...

and remember that the hardest decision a commander has to make is to send artillery onto his troops hoping to win the flag spawn point, waiting for a squad officer to ask for it is better and makes the players aware of their commanding officer

hoping to get  many players to give their opinions on this and have many server change their ruling on it

lets have some serious fun on BF2

lt. Konhrad Qc aka eine neue

Last edited by KonhradQc (2011-06-15 17:24:52)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6459|cuntshitlake

all rules are stupid
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
tuckergustav
+1,590|5910|...

It's their server.  Not worth the effort really.  Server owners are rarely receptive to the advice or opinions of "outsiders".
Ascraeus
+7|5852

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
Wow another ignorant comment.

So hacking, glitching, racism etc etc... are ok? Out of the mouths of babes!

Funny, in my experience it's stupid low skill lame winning team switchers and people who can't run servers to save their lives, that usually complain about rules.
How is your server running these days ? How many no-rules servers are running at the moment?
If all servers had no rules, then they would invariably have the same gaming experience, doesn't seem particularly enlightened or progressive to me.

Your one line retorts are very old, go on give your brain a chance.

p.s.
outsiders i.e. players ? If enough players (outsiders) want a server of a particular type I suspect they will get one, and if they don't.........................
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America

RDMC wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

Blade4509 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

RDMC wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
this really
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
so you guys approve of hacking?  thats a rule.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

11 Bravo wrote:

so you guys approve of hacking?  thats a rule.
exploits should be fixed at the code level, because 12 year old admins don't know how to catch hackers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

The reason some servers have that rule is so commanders do the job they were built for. You're not going to be at your peak by running around shooting shit.

However, I prefer a bit more flexibility on the servers I play on, if I decide to command. BF2 commanding doesn't require Starcraft APM, or even Savage command reflexes. Your team's not always going to feel up to coordinating, taking orders or even calling in support. In this case, why not jump into a tank and do far more good with a repair box or two, killing dozens of infantry and vehicles at a particular choke point...and keeping one of your vehicles out of enemy hands? Why not sit on a poorly-defended flag and use overhead view to your advantage?

There's no shortage of servers without this rule, so it's kind of pointless complaining about it.

---

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me: Do remember funny scenarios, though. Sitting around in a tank with a star on my head and a 20:1 k/d ratio under my belt. Some nob runs up and starts crackling GET OUT U COMMAND GET OUT U COMMAND through both entered text and his mic. Server rules sort of supported his position, so I jump out. He jumps in, drives down a ramp and blows up on a mine. I take the respawned tank and go back to sitting where I was, effectively covering two central flags.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA

Ascraeus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

all rules are stupid
Wow another ignorant comment.

So hacking, glitching, racism etc etc... are ok? Out of the mouths of babes!

Funny, in my experience it's stupid low skill lame winning team switchers and people who can't run servers to save their lives, that usually complain about rules.
How is your server running these days ? How many no-rules servers are running at the moment?
If all servers had no rules, then they would invariably have the same gaming experience, doesn't seem particularly enlightened or progressive to me.

Your one line retorts are very old, go on give your brain a chance.

p.s.
outsiders i.e. players ? If enough players (outsiders) want a server of a particular type I suspect they will get one, and if they don't.........................
I Don't think you know quite who you're dealing with here.

Also, all rules are stupid.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6510|AUS
Not sure if this rule you are describing is meant to be "no combat at all for commanders" or "no close quarters combat for commanders"?

Depends on the numbers on the server and the type of team you have really.

If the numbers are low and there are plenty of assets to spare then why not grab a tank, chopper etc and get into it.

On a full server though, you should concentrate on commanding your TEAM.
By taking the position you have agreed to make proper use of the very valuable command assets to benefit your team.

AS LONG AS YOU STAY ALIVE and use the command assets regularly then it's not really a problem what the commander does.

However, if by engaging in combat you are not making full use of vital command assets and providing your team with regular intelligence and advice on enemy positions and actions then you are not doing a proper job of commanding.

What I do wish was in place was some sort of command tutorial that had to be passed in order to take the position.
Something that explained the proper use of each asset and required a certain level of competency before you were allowed to take command in a match.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-06-17 09:13:38)

KonhradQc
+1|5954

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Not sure if this rule you are describing is meant to be "no combat at all for commanders" or "no close quarters combat for commanders"?
thank you every one for your comments
merci à tous et à toutes pour les commentaires

you may touch a point here, i tk if the  server is on auto-admin, that you will be kick if you kill someone  but my argument is the same,..

all supplies demands time to recharge and i will make my way in 2 or 3 steps to a flag, scanning the field, gettting uav to a squad officer or a vehicule to a trooper or sending artillery, there is plenty of time

if the players are scarse, having the support kit or using the enginneer may be of use to my team

sometimes you have to take matter in your own hand, mostly if the troops arent moving fast enough, the point being taking the flags... for me as a commander...not the kills
taking a flag put me to risks,  i could get kill but why not if it can give victory to  my team

but usually the uav goes to the squad that is taking a flag
and i make a rule to send supplies to the one who asked for it unless it's needed(like supplies to repare artillery)
and also spotting planes for other flying officers

oh and please can someone play commander not only me( if it's a no commander fighting server many players won't take commanding)

Last edited by KonhradQc (2011-06-17 09:47:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard