TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6135|Toronto

Stimey wrote:

must be an EU thing
Nah. U of T's the same. Rent is close to 1000/month for a decent one-room apartment less than a km away. Hard to find stuff, too, so I stayed in res for my second year as well.
I like pie.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6787

Stimey wrote:

I suppose so. My school has approx 25k students but only residence enough for approx 6k.
And most of the on campus is reserved for first years...
however theres lots of rentals in the surrounding area. my house is less than a 5 minute walk to the school and I pay $375/mo for 12 months. which actually comes out to be cheaper than almost all the residences.

but imo I prefer living in a rental. No CA's, cheaper, kitchen and you own room, can have people over whenever you want.
just a more general sense of growing up and taking on a bit more responsibility I suppose.
my friends are doing the same thing at mac
Stimey
­
+786|6274|Ontario | Canada
living in res first year then renting?

also my buddy at U of T is probably gonna end up commuting, he still hasn't found an apartment and I don't think he knows what kind of costs hes in for
­
­
­
­
­
­
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6787

oh, no sorry. renting out first year
Stimey
­
oh true. I think living in res the first year is a good idea though. helps you meet people/expand your network, especially with people who aren't in your faculty.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6787

yeah no doubt, but i heard the res there is reaaaally shiity
Stimey
­
mine was pretty nice, cant say much about some of the older single/doubles. my bedroom was painfully small though, but I kinda got the short end of the stick in the apartment res.
my house is nice though and I like my girlies
­
­
­
­
­
­
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6777|Little Bentcock

Stimey wrote:

mine was pretty nice, cant say much about some of the older single/doubles. my bedroom was painfully small though, but I kinda got the short end of the stick in the apartment res.
my house is nice though and I like my girlies
your girlies arent even out of highschool yet looolllll
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5856|College Park, MD
owned ^
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Stimey
­
oh ho ho
I mean my housemates, all of which are my age or one year older
­
­
­
­
­
­
Adams_BJ
sex them?
Stimey
­
i heard its against the unwritten rules
­
­
­
­
­
­
Adams_BJ

Stimey wrote:

fuck the rules. fuck the girls.

e: and then tell them to make you a sandwich

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-06-15 18:59:50)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6625
fyi in british universities you pretty much always spend the first year in university accommodation - it's just something you do. it's sort of like an extension of boarding-school living, which is pretty much the same collegiate atmosphere as the proper universities, anyway. the newer modern universities still build huge accommodation blocks (as opposed to the classic ones where students lived-in, full time, anyway) so the 'tradition' (if you will) of living in university property continues, for the first year at least. it would probably remain that you stay in university lodgings for all 3 years (i.e. like at oxford-cambridge), but universities take on massive numbers nowadays so there's only enough room for the first-years... then after that you go private. just some info; nothing unusual about staying in university housing. plus, she's only there because she has nowhere else to stay whilst she works royal ascot - they just turn the housing into vacation lodgings over the holidays, to make some more money.

and yeah... it went great. managed to get the receptionist to let me in and walked right up to her door. only like 30 minutes earlier she had text me saying "come rescue me " thinking i was 150 miles away... i knocked on her door curtly and formally, as if i was the hall's warden, and she opened the door right into a massive bouquet of flowers. haha! had a nice night, just took a bath together and had a big chat. haven't seen one another in like a week and a half since i broke up with her so was nice to chill.

and yeah, adams... she is the most amazing girl i've met/been with. i broke up with her because i thought i was leaving university and life was moving on - should accept the inevitable - and so on. i didn't want to keep a top-grade girl on a ball and chain to a guy living 150 miles away, when she should be at university having fun and doing all the crazy shit i did (with no regrets). but as it turns out, 2 days after i broke up with her i was offered a full postgraduate scholarship to carry on studying at this university, anyway... which i'm seriously considering. so now it sucks that we broke up, and we both think it was a huge mistake.

coolstorybro
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4901|USA.. duhhh

Adams_BJ wrote:

Stimey wrote:

sounds like you dont like girls... maybe im wrong
Adams_BJ

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Stimey wrote:

who me or stimey?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5856|College Park, MD
you broke up with her and then bathed with her?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Stimey
­
fucking alpha
­
­
­
­
­
­
ghettoperson
+1,943|6804

That sounds delightful, except then it occurred to me this isn't a huge, clean jacuzzi in a hotel, this is a bath in student accommodation. Nasty.
Stimey
­

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Stimey wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/1308267683144.png
­
­
­
­
­
­
Adams_BJ

Stimey wrote:

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122 … 683144.png
https://visualphotos.com/photo/2x4636018/young_girl_wearing_flowers_in_hair_is098tb4w.jpg

this doing anything for you?
Stimey
­
nah m8
­
­
­
­
­
­
are you sure he is your mate? hah
Stimey
­
yea m8
­
­
­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6625

ghettoperson wrote:

That sounds delightful, except then it occurred to me this isn't a huge, clean jacuzzi in a hotel, this is a bath in student accommodation. Nasty.
nah man we have a biiig tub, haha. we're not living in the slums!

and yeah we'll probably get back together, both of us just don't want to look stupid by immediately resuming an official relationship - people will be a bit 'wtf'. we're still sleeping together every night and shit. i think she's just glad to not be alone and to have someone to look after her after exhausting days of work, tbh. and that's fine, happy to do that.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard