TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6453|Brisbane, Australia

Gameplay-wise it is like Halo though, thats the real issue. CoD has nothing to do with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6484

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And it's not Halo, it's Duke Forever. But it's definitely not much like Duke 3D, aside from the voices. I've played far more CoD than Halo, so I feel more comfortable comparing DF to CoD. You can only carry two weapons and your screen pulses red when you're injured, forcing you to wait and autoheal. Bite me.
yeah except in the real cod games you could have more than 2 weapons

so try again
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4856|Amsterdam
I just saw some mp footage of this game.

fuck, this sucks.
The only reason that this game is going to sell is because the fanboys have waited for it so long and really want it because of some stupid feeling of nostalgia.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6484
whoever would think of buying or playing duke nukem for the MP, anyway?

clearly just thrown in as a modern must-have
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6673|The darkside of Denver

Kampframmer wrote:

fuck, this sucks.
The only reason that this game is going to sell is because the fanboys have waited for it so long and really want it because of some stupid feeling of nostalgia.
When you're old nostalgia isn't stupid.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4856|Amsterdam

SonderKommando wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

fuck, this sucks.
buying a shitty game because of nostalgia is pretty stupid imo
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6673|The darkside of Denver

Kampframmer wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

fuck, this sucks.
buying a shitty game because of nostalgia is pretty stupid imo
An opinion to which your entitled to.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Uzique wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And it's not Halo, it's Duke Forever. But it's definitely not much like Duke 3D, aside from the voices. I've played far more CoD than Halo, so I feel more comfortable comparing DF to CoD. You can only carry two weapons and your screen pulses red when you're injured, forcing you to wait and autoheal. Bite me.
yeah except in the real cod games you could have more than 2 weapons

so try again
You're saying that CoD is now what it used to be?
Axatar
+29|6476|France

Axatar wrote:

"4 months ago" Oh crap, it's released on consoles as well, I expect to be disappointed.
I was right, this game sucks its jut a linear shooter with the Duke name on it,adapted to fit the "needs" of modern gamers.

Thank god i did not boy this piece of garbage.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

"butbutbutbut old duke is ooooold! We gotta make everything new so people will like it!"
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4856|Stoke
what a waste of my money, got the limited edition aswell

fucking shit
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6591|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
It's a shame the game look so bad....at this point i would have been happy with a Duke 3d updated to 2011 graphics.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

The graphics look fine to me. I would've taken graphics from 2005 if it meant the game would be more like the previous one.
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4760|USA.. duhhh
the game got bad reviews... how sad after all these years
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

See I was expecting something mediocre but the general consensus is that it is a bad game - and these reviews have been pretty good in taking into account the delays and hype. It's not a bad game given the time and hype, it's just a bad game overall. What's shocking is that bad games can still be fun but Duke Nukem Forever fails on that count as well.

Perhaps if it had more development time...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6337|Graz, Austria

Ty wrote:

Perhaps if it had more development time...
Yeah, those rushed releases only pushed by the publishers are bound to fail.
I would have had no problem with waiting one or two more months years decades, if only I could play a worthy Duke Nukem sequel.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4982|Dundee, Scotland.
saw an advert for this last night. Looks utter wank
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
bennisboy
+829|6660|Poundland
I cant really remember playing the old duke games, I only did once or twice, but it really isn't that had to include more than 2 weapons in a console game.

Many games have a quick select "wheel" where you hold some button like L1 and flick the analogue stick in whatever direction the weapon you want is assigned to. After all this time it just seems like a lack of effort went in to the game looking at the vids
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

The Duke sequel should have come out years ago when it would have still been Duke.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6789|Moscow, Russia
DNF is utter crap. also this:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Duke sequel should have come out years ago when it would have still been Duke.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6560

Uzique wrote:

The multiplayer in the original Duke3D was the best part. Boobytrapping holodukes with pipes or bearing down on someone with a jetpack + ripper gun used to be cutting edge gameplay.

Now, people get hypnotized by bullshit gimmicks and don't even pay attention to what they're actually playing. BALLS OF STEEL DOOD!!! HE SAID IT!!
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Uzique wrote:

The multiplayer in the original Duke3D was the best part. Boobytrapping holodukes with pipes or bearing down on someone with a jetpack + ripper gun used to be cutting edge gameplay.

Now, people get hypnotized by bullshit gimmicks and don't even pay attention to what they're actually playing. BALLS OF STEEL DOOD!!! HE SAID IT!!
Always loved holoduke followed by shink ray into the enemies back as you come running in to stomp them.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6591|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
If it out in "free" download anyway? I def wont pay 50$ for the game, but would like to have a taste of it anyway, im sure there is at least one thing right!....Is there?
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

anyone who bought it think money/time well spent?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6484
not even the likes of sonder, who'll play and enjoy fucking anything, can possibly tolerate this shitfuck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard