Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
...and use all proceeds from the cap for redistribution towards all domestic needs of the government at all levels.

(Come on, does Bill Gates really need his house to be the size of a museum? Okay, so maybe we up the cap to 100 million so that Bill Gates can still support his property value of 113 million.)

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-16 07:41:04)

Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California

Xietsu wrote:

...and use all proceeds from the cap for redistribution towards all domestic needs of the government at all levels.

(Come on, does Bill Gates really need his house to be the size of a museum? Okay, so maybe we up the cap to 100 million so that Bill Gates can still support his property value of 113 million.)
How about no. I hear Cuba is nice this time of year.... you should move there.

If I make 100 mil a year, I'll be damned if I am supporting a bunch of lazy bastards, junkies, and other types looking for a handout.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

yeah go to cuba. it didnt work in the souviet union why would it work somewhere else. Especially in the USA; the country build on the values of the free economy. You are seriously stupid.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Torin
+52|6662
Maybe our government should just take responsibility for the money that IS available, and spend it more on domestic issues, and less on rebuilding Iraq.

We don't need a workaround to get more money for domestic issues when the money we COULD and SHOULD be spending on them is spent elsewhere.
mikkel
+383|6571

Erkut.hv wrote:

Xietsu wrote:

How about no. I hear Cuba is nice this time of year.... you should move there.

If I make 100 mil a year, I'll be damned if I am supporting a bunch of lazy bastards, junkies, and other types looking for a handout.
The only way you'd be sitting on that much money would be if they weren't, so you couldn't really blame them.

Last edited by mikkel (2006-05-16 07:59:36)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
This country wasn't built ''on the values of free economy''. You should try rereading your last sentence there, max, and then apply it to yourself. You'll understand (I hope). Honestly, regulating this one - albeit, large - thing, doesn't automatically intend that our government is no longer what it is, but that it is a government with logical priorities. I never knew a man who could truly make use of 2 million. What type of over-indulgence must people need? All "communist" societies have never ever really been truly communist.

(BTW, domestic funding, fractionalized, is so barely composed of "handouts".)

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-16 08:03:18)

Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California

Xietsu wrote:

This country wasn't built ''on the values of free economy''. You should try rereading your last sentence there, max, and then apply it to yourself. You'll understand (I hope). Honestly, regulating this one - albeit, large - thing, doesn't automatically intend that our government is no longer what it is, but that it is a government with logical priorities. I never knew a man who could truly make use of 2 million. What type of over-indulgence must people need? All "communist" societies have never ever really been truly communist.

(BTW, domestic funding, fractionalized, is so barely composed of "handouts".)
Any taxes I pay to pay for welfare, I consider handout money. Social securit yincluded. I want to invest my own money the way I see fit.

And I don't care if I can use 2 mil a year or not, I earned it. Nobody else did. Don't tell me how to use my money.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

spending 2 mil is not a big deal. buy a house and its gone
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
I suppose it all boils down to the ethical question (previously stated) of "What type of over-indulgence must people need?"
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

Xietsu wrote:

I suppose it all boils down to the ethical question (previously stated) of "What type of over-indulgence must people need?"
can you loan me $300,  I gotta change my tires out.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6601|USA
thats the most insane idea i have ever heard of for a capitalist society...good luck with that one.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
Your theoretical question, as it relates to the topic, is completely baseless. Government handles that in no such way. Loans are handled by privately owned (i.e. not federal) organizations.

(Gunslinger ^)

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-16 08:34:33)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
in that case, could you GIVE me $300.  I promise I wont pay it back
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
Sure dude, I just hope you don't mind paying the ticket at the airlines to come meet me. I don't give out money to people I don't know who just need it to get some new tires. Personal rule I've developed over time.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6719|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Well, one of the worst parts of this concept is that it will act as a disincentive to further innovation and growth. Why become an entrepreneur when you know that the government can come in and take what you've worked HARD to achieve?

Moreover, isn't it a bit presumptuous of you to suggest that your ethics and morality should take precedence over the moral compass of others in this country?

Perhaps you should also consider that tax statistics from the GAO clearly demonstrate that the top 1% of wage earners pay a disproportionate amount of tax already. It is a MYTH that the rich aren't paying their fair share, according to the GAO itself. Moreover, AMT will be upon even middle class folks within the decade, clearly eroding the ability of middle-income folks to find equity. AMT has been an intentional curse on upper-income folks for 40 years and was so poorly written that it's about to hurt the middle class as well...

While I appreciate your desire to find solutions and encourage you to consider more things as well, I would also encourage you to consider the consequences, intended or not, of your proposals. There is a reason that so many citizens of the UK fled to NYC and Monaco during the 70s…and it wasn’t the bad food in London…
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6740|Rotherham, England

Xietsu wrote:

Sure dude, I just hope you don't mind paying the ticket at the airlines to come meet me. I don't give out money to people I don't know who just need it to get some new tires. Personal rule I've developed over time.
So on that basis, say you have 2.5 mill that you happened to have earned and then some government official comes along and takes 500,000 off you because you earned more than the 2 mill allowed, and promptly gives 300 to gunslinger for some new tyres because he's spent all his money on drink and drugs (sorry gunslinger, all hypothetical of course) and is skint, so he filled a form in and gets your hard earned money.
What would you do then?

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2006-05-16 08:44:47)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6776|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Tell me, do you make more than two million a year or are you just thinking of ways to spend OTHER peoples money?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
Wow more flaming because of an idea "outside the box". If you don't like it just say so rather than spamming the "move to Cuba" bullshit. It gets old quick.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
Pediblah, the US government doesn't have a system for those in need of tire replacement.

Darth_Fleder, my proposal isn't me thinking of ways to spend other peoples' money, it's me thinking of ways to better allocate their money.

Nuka, the question arose within me whether or not people would be motivated to pursue careers in which the accruing of over 2 million was possible. So, in my P.S. statement, I made an ammendment identifying that upping the cap to 100 million could be a tad more reasonable. Who knows, maybe we should discuss what the cap should be then? 'Cause we all know Oprah and Billy would give us a hoot were such a "meager cap" to be initialized. BTW, entrepreneurship doesn't steer innovation.

(P.S. All those athletes will be so discouraged! Everyone is making such good sneakers because of their excellent work! What would we do if they didnt have that extra 4 million to encourage them to work?! WHAT WOULD WE DO?!?!?! [I realize that athletes are the entrepreneurs you referenec when you say that innovation will be squelched, the precluding comment is just a poke at the majority of big-buck makers.])

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-16 08:58:26)

antin0de
+44|6637|SL,UT
This is just a bad idea.
agwood
+18|6609|I Fight for Bush !!
sounds like you suffer from a increasingly common disease called affluenza.

for some reason you think that those who innovate or run a succesful business should be punished for doing good.... Sorry Comrade, won't work.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
Thanks for your input. I know who to come to when I need intelligentsia. (antin0de)

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-16 09:03:20)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6776|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Wow more flaming because of an idea "outside the box". If you don't like it just say so rather than spamming the "move to Cuba" bullshit. It gets old quick.
This idea is not "outside the box", this box has been tried many times before with notable failure. Cuba is one such country where this type of thinking is the 'box'. This type of 'outside the box' thinking is straight from the communist manifesto published in 1848.

Xietsu wrote:

Darth_Fleder, my proposal isn't me thinking of ways to spend other peoples' money, it's me thinking of ways to better allocate their money.
Which is a euphemism for exactly the same thing. How old are you? Are you still in school? Where do you get the idea allocating other's property or wealth is an appropriate enterprise?
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6728|MA, USA
Here's a simple question:

By what right do you propose to limit the legally obtained property (in this case, capital, which is a form of property) of another person?
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6526
LOL, I've made no attempt at enterprising allocation. That is the job of the government. This is merely a query into a more useful method of such. Please, inform us of the exact steps that Cuba has taken, and the exact results of their steps. I find it better that people hear for themselves what "communism is".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard