HITNRUNXX
+220|6862|Oklahoma City

Aries_37 wrote:

Source code 7/10
Cool, I had never even heard of this until a couple days ago, but it is on my list to rent this week (Around True Grit and Just Go With It)
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6344|Roma

loubot wrote:

Kung Fu Panda 2 - The first K F P movie made me laugh; the sequel had slight humor maybe a tab more srs then it really should be.
4/10
Might download it anyway, first one did have some laughs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6807

saw a manson family doco it was p cool the manson girls where hot itd be cool bein one of the dudes on the spahn ranch i heard u get the clap i dunno tho i heard charlie made u have sex w/ dudes too i duno why they thought he was jesus i guess hes pretty cool apart from some stuff
it was called manson it was old from vhs or somethin o well
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York
Key Largo - 9.5/10

Loved this movie. The characters were so well developed. You really got a feel for McCloud and Mr. Temple's connection during their discussion of how George died in the war and how McCloud viewed him, and you really began to hate Rocco after his treatment of Mr. Temple. The hurricane creates a perfect tense atmosphere for a great ending.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5941|Catherine Black
Men who Stare At Goats

awful

3/10
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Finray wrote:

Men who Stare At Goats

awful

3/10
agree
Stimey
­
+786|6273|Ontario | Canada
Hangover 2 - 7.5

Exactly like the first. I actually figured out a lot of the outrageous stuff before they actually confirmed it, which kind of ruined the movie for me.
All in all though, still hilarious. Great to see with friends and almost makes you want to go out and have a wild night yourself.
I think they overplayed zack galifinakis though. Still a funny character however.
­
­
­
­
­
­
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6731|Columbus, OH
X-Men: First Class 9/10

The movie was entertaining. Personally, I think it was better than all of the other X-men movies. A young Prof X hitting on girls at the pub. A relentless Magento who is in the process of mastering his powers. The bad guys, especially Kevin Bacon, came out strong, while the good guys were still a bunch of n00b underdogs. There are plenty of discrepancies between the movie and comic books but all is forgiven when Michael Ironside is at the helm of an American warship.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6862|Oklahoma City

Stimey wrote:

Hangover 2 - 7.5

I actually figured out a lot of the outrageous stuff before they actually confirmed it, which kind of ruined the movie for me.
I totally agree, but this apparently wasn't common... I was embarrassed several times when I would get the joke and laugh out very loudly, only to realize I was the only person in the theater laughing until everyone else caught on to the joke 5-10 seconds later... Then the whole theater laughed together, but I was already past that part... lol

Maybe I should have drank heavily before seeing it... lol

I really liked it though, and laughed more at it than I did at the first one... Even if I was laughing alone. LOL
HITNRUNXX
+220|6862|Oklahoma City
True Grit:
8/10 - I really enjoyed it throughout the movie, with no bored spots, and came away from it feeling like I had just watched a great movie. I loved listening to them talk, the accents, words used, and banter between the characters were all very entertaining to me. The scenery and cinematography were amazing. There were a number of places in the movie where you could take a still shot and make it into a very nice Western poster/wall hanging. I have a love/hate relationship with Westerns. Either it is done right or wrong, and there are very few middle of the road Western movies out there. This one was done right in my opinion.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6721|Mountains of NC

paranoid101 wrote:

Priest 4/10

I can't Believe that someone thought it would be a good idea to remake the classic western The Searchers and then Decide to set it in the future, add vampires  and Replace John Wayne with the Bloke from Wimbledon and make him a man of the Cloth.

Poor very poor
its based on comic book
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

SEREMAKER wrote:

is based on comic book
fixt for glory of soviet union
HITNRUNXX
+220|6862|Oklahoma City
Just Go With It:
6/10 - This was a hard movie to rate... I could have easily given it a 7, but I also could have easily gave it a 5... It had so much going for it, and I laughed a lot, and was entertained, but it was so shockingly predictable that I figured out how it would end from the very first trailer.
---
You remember the TV show Full House? And how Stephanie would get into a situation that would be so ridiculously easy to get out of by telling the truth (or at least a version of it), but instead, she lies. The lie would spiral out of control until everyone around her was affected. Then Uncle Jesse would catch on and give a speech about how lying was bad, so Steph would come clean and everyone would laugh about it and the episode ends... This was SUPPOSED to teach you not to lie... Instead, most kids I knew would come away thinking "Hey, I can lie, and maybe get away with it, but if not, I can come clean later and it will be a funny story." or "Damn, I can lie better than that. If she would lie a little better, she would get away with it. I shall go practice my lying now."
This is that in a movie form.
---
Remember every movie for 20 years, and how there was the smoking hot chick that the male lead wanted, while he completely ignored his best friend, who was a female, because she wore frumpy sweaters, glasses, and a ponytail? Then one day, he creates a scheme that requires her to get dressed up and act differently and everyone realizes she is smoking hot too? And all she had to do was change everything about herself to be accepted?
This is that movie.
---
On the up side, this is the very first thing I have seen Jennifer Aniston in where she was a character, and not just "Rachel." I was also very entertained throughout the movie... Sadly, the kids were the funniest thing in it by far.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam
Paul       7/10

Entertaining Frost-Pegg flick. Definitely no shaun of the dead, but fun enough.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6894|OctoLand
Taxi Driver - 9/10

Fantastic, Travis is an intriguing character, great to see De Niro acting in his prime, he was very good in this. The cinematography even in this day and age is up there with the best. To think this was made all the way back in '76 makes you appreciate that much more, the only part that I could tell was dated was the fight scene at the end. Oh and the ending had me thinking too, didn't see that coming. Scorsese's cameo appaearance...Best cameo ever !

Last edited by justice (2011-06-09 20:05:04)

I know fucking karate
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6892

Kampframmer wrote:

Paul       7/10

Entertaining Frost-Pegg flick. Definitely no shaun of the dead, but fun enough.
Agree 7/10 for me too
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam
Watching phantom of the opera (i'll rate it when im done)
Such a strange roll for Gerard Butler. Very unexpected.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6721|Mountains of NC

Kampframmer wrote:

wait till you see him kick that bitch down the stairs like he did in 300
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam

SEREMAKER wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

wait till you see him kick that bitch down the stairs like he did in 300
lol.

Great music and set.
Gerard butler sings weird. Guess thats why it was so unexpected. He's probably been edited with the computer because he doesnt seem like the opera singing type of guy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6690|Long Island, New York
Super 8 - 7.5/10

I enjoyed it. It entertained me. I loved the retro theme, but...

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed it. It just felt unoriginal. It was like Cloverfield and ET met up, fucked, had a baby and then treated it with heavy emotional sappiness. The alien looked almost exactly like Cloverfield, the whole "government cover up the alien" thing is very old, and the "he just wants to go home" thing is ripped right out of E.T.. Convenient considering Spielberg did E.T. and Abrams did Cloverfield. Maybe I'm just disappointed because I was so excited for it, it just felt so unoriginal. Worth seeing? Absolutely. Should you be expecting anything more than a solid action movie? No.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam
The phantom of the Opera. 8/10
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6664|Gold Coast
Paul

Brilliant. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are awesome movie makers.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5738

X-men first class 7-8/10

The best of all the x-men movies and one of the best Marvel comic movies. There were some hokey scenes but it's a PG-13 movie so it's to be expected. Also it seems Marvel movie department doesn't care about continuity at all.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I caught three errors. In the wolverine origins movie emma frost is a teenager held captive Stryker in the 80's. In the wolverine movie a child storm is also held captive by Stryker. In this movie we see a child storm in a celebral sequence. And at the beginning of X3 we also see a older walking Xavier and Magneto recruit Jean Grey for the academy...

They did manage to explain why Mystique didn't age between this one and X3 though. It was cool to see Wolverine in this one but considering this took place in the 60's shouldn't Sabertooth be there? I know he could have been in the bathroom or something but it just would have been cool to see them both in a bar before the whole Wolverine origins storyline.

on a side note, does anyone have a life I can use?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Not entirely sure if X-First is necessarily on the same timeline as the other X-Men flicks, but it's worth noting (again) that Marvel comics themselves have alternate universes with drastic differences.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6650

On stranger tides 4/5

much better than 3 &4, and i liked Barbosa's character a lot. i wouldn't mind if this franchise sailed on without Knightly and Bloom.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard