eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
wasnt he the youngest heavyweight to win a title?
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I guess I'm part of the minority (majority) that doesn't enjoy mentally masturbating to images of mostly naked, sweaty men pounding each other bloody. To each his own I guess.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i bet you love musicals
Tu Stultus Es
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

you've been watching some strange boxing matches jay
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Toilet Sex wrote:

you've been watching some strange boxing matches jay
Albeit the Round sign girls are often hot.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

11 Bravo wrote:

what else would explain the sharp decline in boxing?
Too many promoters creates barriers to seeing exciting match ups
Promoters do a horrible job of marketing lower ranked fighters.  How come people only hear/care about Pac-Man, Mayweather, Klitschko, etc.
No foundation/building blocks set in place to get future generations interested.  Where is the investment into youth programs?  How do you get young kids interested in boxing?  Do you think people wake up one day and decide to follow certain sports?
No TV visibility.  Back in the day there were fights shown on CBS, ESPN, ABC, Showtime, HBO.  Friday Night Fights - where are they now?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jay wrote:

I guess I'm part of the minority (majority) that doesn't enjoy mentally masturbating to images of mostly naked, sweaty men pounding each other bloody. To each his own I guess.
yeah, cause boxing fans find some type of sexual gratification in combat sports...

when you watch baseball do you get all hot and bothered when the guy legs out an infield single or crushes a ball to left-center?  You really lack any type of insight sometimes, which is a bit depressing for someone with your supposed intelligence.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

KingCheese wrote:

Not even a bit of UFC?  Only sports I can't get into are like womens football and stuff.
UFC is just a bar fight.  and its lame.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

no it's not.  there's just as much technique as the 'sweet science', if not more because of the variables of ground fighting.  Each has it's pros and cons, but defo not a bar fight.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

no it's not.  there's just as much technique as the 'sweet science', if not more because of the variables of ground fighting.  Each has it's pros and cons, but defo not a bar fight.
oh BS.  there is no martial arts.  round begins....one roundhouse kick or something.  man on top of man punching his face.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

ok

some of the matches can be boring, true.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Back in the day there were fights shown on CBS, ESPN, ABC, Showtime, HBO.  Friday Night Fights - where are they now?
correct.  where are they?  not boxing.  and why is that?  i submit to you BS like Tyson and terribly obvious fixed matches.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
The greed that led to $50 pay per view killed boxing IMHO.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Isn't Rocky Balboa also being inducted?
I'm serious I read it in the paper.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

coke wrote:

Isn't Rocky Balboa also being inducted?
I'm serious I read it in the paper.
yeah, stallone. my appreciation for this hall of fame is p.much gone now.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
boxing is declining because MMA is dystroing it.

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
11 Bravo
Banned

CC-Marley wrote:

The greed that led to $50 pay per view killed boxing IMHO.
this is ture also.
11 Bravo
Banned

m3thod wrote:

100% disagree.  MMA came along after boxing was in the shit.  if it was 1990 and there was an MMA fight between some big white dude named brock and some mexican who shops exclusively at the tapout store yet at the same time there was a tyson holyfield fight, way way way more people would watch the boxing match.  hands down.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

yeah, cause boxing fans find some type of sexual gratification in combat sports...

when you watch baseball do you get all hot and bothered when the guy legs out an infield single or crushes a ball to left-center?  You really lack any type of insight sometimes, which is a bit depressing for someone with your supposed intelligence.
I was talking more about UFC than boxing. Boxing is pretty damn irrelevant now.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

m3thod wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKx41UdCj0
Just because Joe Rogan is capable of beating an idiot in a debate that doesn't really mean much for what's actually going on with the sport. Maybe in your jujitsu classes everyone likes MMA, but if you asked the average person in the UK there is far more interest in boxing than MMA. I get the impression in the US that's changing, but not over here.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

ghettoperson wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Just because Joe Rogan is capable of beating an idiot in a debate that doesn't really mean much for what's actually going on with the sport. Maybe in your jujitsu classes everyone likes MMA, but if you asked the average person in the UK there is far more interest in boxing than MMA. I get the impression in the US that's changing, but not over here.
It's starting to. I enjoy good fights from both sports, but the appetite for MMA is growing massively.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

m3thod wrote:

It's still pretty much limited to the type of people that were big WWF/WWE fans growing up.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

I was talking more about UFC than boxing. Boxing is pretty damn irrelevant now.
see 'combat sports'
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jay wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

m3thod wrote:

It's still pretty much limited to the type of people that were big WWF/WWE fans growing up.
and that's just not true.  40% of UFC fans are females aged 18-35 according to a recent study.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

and that's just not true.  40% of UFC fans are females aged 18-35 according to a recent study.
Females didn't watch WWF growing up?
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard