Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
A few years ago there used to be hack that allowed a person to crash a specific player to their desktop. Now Im seeing one that actually crashes the server and allows people to ban players they don't like without having admin rights.

Last night while I playing on the "LeetServers 1.50 Beta 64" it began to resets every few minuets. I kept rejoining just to see how long it would do that. Eventually the constant resetting emptied the server out except me an maybe 2 other players. While waiting for more players to join so the match could start the strangest message came up three times in a row.

"BANNING Evil_Black_Fox to make room for admin" Usually its a kick to make room for an admin, and usually its not when 60 slots are open for people to join.

Of course I already know it must have been someone I owned so hard they couldn't take it anymore, but since I have no idea what the servers webpage is I cant appeal it.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2011-05-23 06:06:48)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

lol.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
Well it really sad how pathetic some people are that they would go the lengths to hack a 6 year old game. For now I'm just playing on another server. Also with BF3 coming out soon, this isn't a show stopper.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6483|AUS
Sounds like someone has gained access to the server password and is using the BF2CC software to play games.

Usually only the server admins can access the server via BF2CC using an admin password.

"Banning - to make room for admin" is one of the default ban options through BF2CC (Battlefield 2 Control Console Software).

BF2CC bans generally only last for 24 hrs.

Not much point in joining that server if they're going to play games like that anyway.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6159|Bay Area, CA
Hmmmm. I was wondering what was happening to that server.

Funny though...if this was a new hack out you would think all the servers out there would be fighting this stuff.

I'm going to have to agree that it sounds like an issue with an admin password or something like that until I see this elsewhere.

That said...the Leetservers admins are pretty dumb imo. For a while they were constantly banning players for doing well and then when you post on their forums removing the ban only to ban the players again a few days later. It could be that they just pissed someone off enough to make themselves a target.

Oh and their forums are back up at fxleetservers.enjin.com. Don't expect intelligent conversation there. If you are banned from their forums you can pm Deivis still by going to the member list and seeing what's up (if you care).

Last edited by =6thAD=KJ43 (2011-06-01 12:57:27)

Ascraeus
+7|5826

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

Funny though...if this was a new hack out you would think all the servers out there would be fighting this stuff.
There is. They (some) are.
(excluding the ability to ban a player bit - which is unrelated.)
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6159|Bay Area, CA

Ascraeus wrote:

There is. They (some) are.
(excluding the ability to ban a player bit - which is unrelated.)
Right...I know that. I haven't seen or heard of any combination of the two before.

Last edited by =6thAD=KJ43 (2011-06-02 14:46:51)

CC-Marley
+407|6798
Who are these people?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

CC-Marley wrote:

Who are these people?
They're the people who still post in the BF2 section. I would steer clear of them if I were you.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
"New"

shit where's myke when you need him.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

its called the server owners using the default rcon password fyi.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ascraeus
+7|5826

DUnlimited wrote:

You're wrong (and clueless) FYI....but hey if it helps you sleep at night.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

what is it then?
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6159|Bay Area, CA
I went back and forth with the Leetservers admins a bit and here is what I think happened. There is a big language barrier there so it's hard to really know what went on.

They started messing around with auto admin programs along with generally just fucking around with the server. It started crashing all the time.

The admin(s) decided that most of the better regulars were all hacking and decided they needed to be banned.

When the server was crashing (for whatever reason) the admins decided that a player on the server must be the one that caused it by hacking. The server admins banned EBF because they are idiots.

It was just a couple of events that happened at the same time so it seemed like it was one event. Event one: the server was crashing. Event two: idiot admin bans EBF because they felt he was probably to blame.

Imo they fucked their own server up. It wasn't a default admin password and it wasn't hacked.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Ascraeus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Im clueless about how bf2 servers work?
It's funny you said that since i know more about how bf2 servers work, than the current DICE BF2 dev team.

of course the rcon pw is not necessarily the default one but the ony 'hack' needed to do anything described in the OP is a program that brute forces server passwords.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-06-16 08:11:17)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ascraeus
+7|5826

DUnlimited wrote:

Ascraeus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Im clueless about how bf2 servers work?
Yes, amongst other things.
Whether DICE are or are not aware,  they have not taken the numerous opportunities afforded them to remove/block the exploit that 'we' are aware of, and you quite obviously are not.

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

.................When the server was crashing (for whatever reason) the admins decided that a player on the server must be the one that caused it by hacking. The server admins banned EBF because they are idiots.

It was just a couple of events that happened at the same time so it seemed like it was one event. Event one: the server was crashing. Event two: idiot admin bans EBF because they felt he was probably to blame.

Imo they fucked their own server up. It wasn't a default admin password and it wasn't hacked.
The events you quoted, has already been suggested to EBF elsewhere (as he felt this occurrence was worthy of spamming numerous forums)  as the most likely explanation, some months ago now.
The symptoms, the server, the timing all suggests 'we' know what (and whom) the most likely cause of the crash is; it has been a problem with increasing regularity since before Christmas.
Unless you run servers I wouldn't expect it to be of concern, warrant any serious investigation or indicate malicious activity, therefore ignorance by the layman is entirely understandable. Forgive my rather opprobrious attitude to DUnlimited, I don't like obnoxious ego maniacs and liars.

If you come across admins whose servers are similarly suffering from irregular spates of crashing, you can forward them to myself or GGC (A number of their admins are well acquainted with this issue).
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

Ascraeus wrote:

I don't like obnoxious ego maniacs and liars.
lol.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
CC-Marley
+407|6798
Most people don't care about this game anymore. Time to move along.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada

CC-Marley wrote:

Most people don't care about this game anymore. Time to move along.
Naw bro, it took them six years and most of the good players quitting to play well, why stop when their hayday is here?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I still play from time to time.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

This thread is dildos
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard