unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Kampframmer wrote:

But as far as the comparing goes, well that seems pretty relevant (even if you dont care). because the movie is an actual depiction of the comic character (not the story, they always make a new one or changed one drastically for the movie). So character inaccuracies are a pretty big deal because a certain iconic character is what a whole comic movie is based on.
Heath Ledger's Joker was a bit different from what I was used to and it worked out. To reemphasize my point, the fact that Marvel itself constantly reimagines its characters and universe(s) leads me to not put too much stock into a few changes a movie made. On another note, people outside the race of their role are still accepted for Shakespearean productions. If it's good enough for that, it should be good enough for comic book films.

Kmar wrote:

The Summer Movie season looks a bit dull to me. Mainly sequels.
There's a few I'm looking forward to. Like, um...

e: Conan

e2: Oh god...the next Twilight will be in two parts. God save us.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam
yeah TDK joker really worked. As i said, sometimes tehy make changes to make it work for a movie. Nolan made him more 'realistic', just soem random crazy perosn coming out of nowhere with obvious mental issues.
The comic joker wouldnt work in that setting. Nolan really managed to make the whole cmoic work for a movie (really curious about how he'l make bane)
So its not always bad, but i never said that it was.

Im also looking forward to conan. But no Schwarzenegger

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-06-01 02:15:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

I'd probably call that joker THE random crazy person, not just 'a.'

Arnold missed the boat when they stopped making the old Conans.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5510|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Nothing to chill out about. It's just laughable. If Marvel turned Thor in to a tree-hugger, maybe they can bring Jesus back as a bloodthirsty immortal jerk so the two can duke it out in Ye Olde English.

I still intend to see the movie, hopefully before it leaves theaters. I just can't take the Marvel depiction too seriously.
https://digitaldelta.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/why-so-serious.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6811|BC, Canada
Bitch slap!
Terribad. But lots of tits.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
newbie you seem to be blurring the line between 'valid criticism' and 'stupid fucking pedantry'.

which, incidentally, you seem to do often with video-games, too.

maybe it's not worth it in life to be so fussy over casual steam flash games and mass-market hollywood comic flicks?

pursue something else?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6837|United States of America
So I finally got around to viewing the entirety of Watchmen and was rather impressed. Perhaps it caught me in one of my more misanthropic and cynical moods (moreso than usual), but I found watching that and thereafter reading about the comic quite intriguing.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
lol at a watchmen fan calling themselves cynical and misanthropic

did v for vendetta give you a hard-on, too?

you should form a group with macbeth //.o

pseudo-intellectual shite gets on my nerves
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6721|Mountains of NC

I'll be going to the midnight showing of X-Men : First Class
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6837|United States of America
Hardly a fan, I saw the movie and enjoyed it, then had a good long think about things before going to bed. I'm not saying this shit is life-changing, or even necessarily profound.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2011-06-01 13:50:57)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6598|Amsterdam‫
Just seen X-Men : First Class  with kampf

it was cool
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5851
The Boondock Saints - 5/10

How the fuck can people praise this movie so much?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6866|Purplicious Wisconsin

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Entertainment and humor value.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4995|Amsterdam

menzo wrote:

Just seen X-Men : First Class  with kampf

it was cool
7/10
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6724

The Hangover 2 was quite funny but nothing amazing as i expected... wouldn't watch it again but worth the one watch
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Uzique wrote:

newbie you seem to be blurring the line between 'valid criticism' and 'stupid fucking pedantry'.

which, incidentally, you seem to do often with video-games, too.

maybe it's not worth it in life to be so fussy over casual steam flash games and mass-market hollywood comic flicks?

pursue something else?
lolwat. Coming from you, I consider accusations of pedantry a compliment. Tell me, what "underground" thingy should I read/listen to next?

troll moar

War Man wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Entertainment and humor value.
I'd be interested to know what about it 13f thinks merits a 50%. It certainly isn't the best movie ever, but I thought it above average for the genre.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Watched part of the first eight minutes of the Teen Wolf series: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/658749/t … id=1664859

Three common attributes assigned to supporting "sidekick" characters are:

1) annoying
2) stupid
3) asthma

This one has all three. Dare I give this show more of a chance?

e: Finished the clip. Nice little touches in there I didn't really notice until I began to ignore the asthma cliche. May watch.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6664|Gold Coast
Unknown
8/10
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6275|West Aus
Drive Angry 3/10

William Fichtner playing 'the accountant' I enjoyed immensely, the only reason I watched this film in its entirety .

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Watched part of the first eight minutes of the Teen Wolf series: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/658749/t … id=1664859

Three common attributes assigned to supporting "sidekick" characters are:

1) annoying
2) stupid
3) asthma

This one has all three. Dare I give this show more of a chance?

e: Finished the clip. Nice little touches in there I didn't really notice until I began to ignore the asthma cliche. May watch.
does he look like the original? why didnt they do this series sooner :<
looks like it'll be this years OC based on the sidekicks
HITNRUNXX
+220|6862|Oklahoma City
I am Number 4:
6/10 - Had a lot of potential, but I was bored through most of it... Too much teen angst and too little sci-fi action (which it how it was promoted) Would be a good 1st [setup] movie for a trilogy though.

Gulliver's Travels:
7/10 - Thought it would be something mildly bearable to watch with the kids. Ended up enjoying it a lot. Great cast. Silly, but entertaining. Jack Black [BOOSH!] got a little annoying at times though.

The Rocketeer:
5/10 - Was a favorite as a kid, and the kids liked it this time, but I found it so boring... How did I sit through this as a kid?

Hangover 2:
8/10 - I laughed harder at this than I did at the first one. Went to a really late showing and still didn't get tired or bored throughout the movie. I had a great time. Going with a group of good friends may have made it better than it would have been otherwise, though.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6664|Gold Coast

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I am Number 4:
6/10 - Had a lot of potential, but I was bored through most of it... Too much teen angst and too little sci-fi action (which it how it was promoted) Would be a good 1st [setup] movie for a trilogy though.
Agreed. I was kinda surprised at the lack of sci-fi stuff. Still, that Aussie chick is smokin'.

The Mechanic
9/10
Typical shoot-em-up, with awesome gun scenes and all of that type of stuff.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

If you squint just right, he looks similar. I don't think it's supposed to be the same guy, because the clip had him getting bit. Also, they did do a series in the 80's, but I don't remember it.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6664|Gold Coast
The Hit List
2/10

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

If you squint just right, he looks similar. I don't think it's supposed to be the same guy, because the clip had him getting bit. Also, they did do a series in the 80's, but I don't remember it.
i only recall the cartoon besides the OG movie

the New Nightmare on Elm Street - 6/10 i'd rate the whole series a 7 on horror movie scales  but it feels like they get worse and worse... this one has too much dialog. i miss the old freddie's face and voice. there are some good special effects (there better be, right?) but overall it's got that budget feel. what's a part 13 of horror movies without a budget feel though?  his face was burned but i think it looked better in older movies.. ok tmi.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard