Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
Trials 2 came out on Steam a whle ago, and I played the demo for a bit then bought the game. It's brilliant. It's a game of skill. Only $10 too! Not one person on my Steam Friends list (50+ people, mostly from here) has this game.

Hang on here's the gamerankings blurb.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/ … trials%202

As you can see it got very respectable reviews, and the only thing the reviews say is 'wrong' with the game is it's so hard.

Everyone download the demo, and give it a whirl. Play until you can do all the tracks without falling before you judge it . Then go and watch the replays of the harder tracks. After playing for a short while you should 'get' how the bike handles.

Very challenging and very rewarding game. Here's it's main page

It's also filled with some cool touches. You can watch anyones replay at the click of a button, race against anyones ghost at the click of a button (click the small 'play' or 'ghost' icon next to their name in the records menu). There's also 25 Steam Achievements, ranging from easy (break all bones in one jump) to almost impossible (come first on a leaderboard). Online rankings for everything you do too.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify something. Yes. It's hard. Its the hardest game i've played in years.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-08 05:07:03)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6820|NÃ¥rvei

Looks cool, i'll have a look at it laters ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5789|loves Stimey <3 |
Played the demo but cba'd to buy it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
I'd rather buy Bionic Commando Rearmed for 10 bucks.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

[Trials 2: Second Edition] Why does nobody have this game?
Because I've never heard of it?

I only run steam to launch applications, not to skim news or shop.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6726
i have the demo... it's a lot of fun... i might buy it if i get some free time to play it...
Love is the answer
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

[Trials 2: Second Edition] Why does nobody have this game?
Because I've never heard of it?

I only run steam to launch applications, not to skim news or shop.
Well thats why i'm raising awareness .
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5993|Perth, Australia
So does anyone still play this game?

I've been playing it an obscene amount lately. I'm working on 'no faulting' Inferno atm for the Superhuman achievement (2 faults atm).

Anyone managed to 'no fault' Inferno, Diablo or You Shall Not Pass?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
I couldn't tell you, I'd have to install it and look through my leaderboard entries. I seem to remember there were a few hard ones I could never get 0 faults on. (Actually now I think about it, I got nowhere near 0 faults for the 3 ultra hard tracks. No way. I had loads of faults on all of them.

I spent about 50 hours on that game. Really good game. Definitely requires a lot more skill than any other modern game I've played.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-05-27 04:29:16)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
Well looking at your profile you have better results on YSNP and Diablo. It appears that we're fairly evenly matched with you at rank 659 to my 655

I'm only just starting to practice Diablo but there is one jump that makes me hate that stage.

But the skill required is what keeps me interested. Always good to challenge yourself.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
Yeah that's why I played it for so long. Reducing and eliminating faults, then trying to cut down all my times to get the overall time achievements.

Haven't played it for a long long time though. At least a year. Mostly because they released the sequel just on the Xbox .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-05-27 12:19:06)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
Yeah I'm considering stealing my gf's 360 to get Trials HD. So annoyed it isn't on PC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard