Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
But in all seriousness, i just hope they manage to implement some new functions to keep the game fun (they probably wont)
And maybe make a new and improved engine (or at least pretend that they've polished up the one they've been using since cod4 by making guns more shiny)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I want a "Shiva" perk that lets you quad-wield.

Or dual wield two handed wepon.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Or dual wield two handed wepon.
Such as a P90, MP5 or UMP?

Oh wait.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-05-14 13:58:08)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
I want personal uav (like the scout helos in AF)

watch it happen
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

Camm wrote:

that's what's fun about moder warfare, there is NO skill curve, so you can jump right in and play. what's the problem with that?
Some people enjoy a challenge and some sort of feeling of accomplishment.

Strange, I know.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast

Kampframmer wrote:

But in all seriousness, i just hope they manage to implement some new functions to keep the game fun (they probably wont)
And maybe make a new and improved engine (or at least pretend that they've polished up the one they've been using since cod4 by making guns more shiny)
Its the same engine.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

DefCon-17 wrote:

Camm wrote:

that's what's fun about moder warfare, there is NO skill curve, so you can jump right in and play. what's the problem with that?

Strange, I know.
Go play arma.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

God damn it Camm.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Camm wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Camm wrote:

Strange, I know.
Go play arma.
Go play console (so we don't have to read absolutely fucking retarded comments like your previous two)

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-05-16 17:51:20)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

sniper videos
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Kampframmer wrote:

I want Pro-Pro perks.
Warlord PP: 4 attachments
Commando PP: Knife through walls
Scavenger PP: Steal all of an enemies (dead or alive) ammo when you walk by.

You guys make up the rest.
Martyrdom pro pro - when you die, you drop a nuke which ends the game and kills everyone.  lolol
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

KuSTaV wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Its the same engine.
Fuck.
Now I bet that they havent taken the trouble to improve the damn thing.
they'll just make the graphics look sort of better, but its still the same shit.
Trotskygrad
бля

Kampframmer wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Its the same engine.
Fuck.
Now I bet that they havent taken the trouble to improve the damn thing.
they'll just make the graphics look sort of better, but its still the same shit.
more phong
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

DUnlimited wrote:

Camm wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Strange, I know.
Go play arma.
Go play console (so we don't have to read absolutely fucking retarded comments like your previous two)
Lol no.

CoD of late has become a game to dip into and play for a little while without the need to actually learn how to play it. That's why it's so popular, because it's easy to play. Not everyone wants to play a game that takes them months to get even slightly decent at. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer. Not everyone has the time to learn how to play a game so that they're good at it. And not everyone wants to spend all their time at a pc. There is a world beyond your desk btw.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Trotskygrad
бля

Camm wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Camm wrote:

Go play arma.
Lol no.

CoD of late has become a game to dip into and play for a little while without the need to actually learn how to play it. That's why it's so popular, because it's easy to play. Not everyone wants to play a game that takes them months to get even slightly decent at. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer. Not everyone has the time to learn how to play a game so that they're good at it. And not everyone wants to spend all their time at a pc. There is a world beyond your desk btw.
not that hard to make a game that's easy to pick up, but hard to get good at...

BC2 isn't that hard to pick up, but it's harder to get good at than MW, significantly
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Trotskygrad wrote:

Camm wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Lol no.

not that hard to make a game that's easy to pick up, but hard to get good at...

BC2 isn't that hard to pick up, but it's harder to get good at than MW, significantly
I like BC2s ranking. It wasnt too slow like BF2 (imo), but it wasnt too fats like CoD. In BC2 i see like 10+ rank 50s, which is okey considering taht the game has been out so long. 2 Weeks after a cod releasy you already see people that have prestige'd. After a few months most people ar 5-6th prestige and a lot are max rank.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
The thing I like the most about BC2's ranking system is that you can get all the unlocks in about 20 hours, even if you're just playing regularly. But once you got them all you're only a fraction of the way through the ranks, so are given incentive to play once you get all the unlocks.

In the CoD games you are done with the rank ups once you get all the guns, so you don't spend much time with the later weapons. And the BF2 ranking system required you to play for nearly 100 hours before you could get all the weapons, which was intimidating for many people.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

The thing I like the most about BC2's ranking system is that you can get all the unlocks in about 20 hours, even if you're just playing regularly. But once you got them all you're only a fraction of the way through the ranks, so are given incentive to play once you get all the unlocks.

In the CoD games you are done with the rank ups once you get all the guns, so you don't spend much time with the later weapons. And the BF2 ranking system required you to play for nearly 100 hours before you could get all the weapons, which was intimidating for many people.
BC2 is kinda shit at the same time on 360. People just buy all the unlocks with microsoft points, which is pretty gay.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля

tbh just add REALLY useless crap after the main unlocks... like weapons that are just underbalanced, and WWII shit
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
i want nothing, i expect nothing, and i know it'll be nothing
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

Camm wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Camm wrote:

Go play arma.
Lol no.

Funny how the CoD fanboys probably play more than Quake or CS players.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Camm wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Camm wrote:

Go play arma.
Lol no.

that's a really shitty argument.

that's like justifying really awful books because "not everyone wants to spend the time to actually concentrate, digest and ponder over a book. there is a world beyond sitting inside with a book btw". if you allow that reasoning then every single thing we ever do will become instantly-gratifying and easy to grasp for everyone. what a stupid idea. no. people are stupid and people are shit at things. some people are real fucking retards and will never become good at something; others will, through their dilligence and hard work, achieve a better skill or understanding than others. why should that be sidestepped in game-design philosophy? let everyone grasp the game easily and one of the CORE concepts of games disappears: REWARD. we have historically played games for the sense of reward, be it a victory, an accomplishment, a puzzle-solved, or the outwitting and outperformance of a rival. take that out of the equation or simply lapse into rewarding everyone and you don't have much of a 'game'. well, nothing to celebrate, anyway.

it's so typical that a scot would attempt a defense of 'not trying', and to fail so hard in the process, too.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Well, the vast majority of people would rather just see the movie-adaptation than read the book.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
the vast majority of people, as with everything, are fucking morons and are deserving of contempt. some standard must exist and a modicum of challenge should be preserved; games are for actively playing and competing, not for passively completing and cake-walking.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Uzique wrote:

the vast majority of people, as with everything, are fucking morons and are deserving of contempt. some standard must exist and a modicum of challenge should be preserved; games are for actively playing and competing, not for passively completing and cake-walking.
Yes, for us who enjoy a challenge.  But at video gaming's current state, we aren't it's cash-cow.  We are a niche.  There's a reason The Sims and WoW are still top profit franchises.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard