TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

Jaekus wrote:

Oh, definitely. I've just read one too many purist comments to not make one in reply.

I think much of BC2's problems come from the fact it is a console port. Something that BF3 is not.
Just because it's not a console 'port' dosen't mean it won't play like a console game brah.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

bf3 WILL be a a console port no matter how much they market it as a pc game. would be really naive to believe dice will ever make a pc game again.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois
bf3 isn't a console port..
DUnlimited
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

HaiBai wrote:

bf3 isn't a console port..
frostbite ring a bell?

yeah it's a 100% console engine if you haven't realized that yet.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i cant wait to see all the tears when this game is actually released and is predictably under-par

bookmark this post and quote it back to me all you like post-release
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955

Uzique wrote:

i cant wait to see all the tears when this game is actually released and is predictably under-par

bookmark this post and quote it back to me all you like post-release
Very few games live up to their hype, but it doesn't mean that it won't be a great game. Anyway, i've read a lot of your posts Uzique, you don't seem to have a good thing to say about any game. So maybe for you, this won't live up to your 'high' standards.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

DUnlimited wrote:

bf3 WILL be a a console port no matter how much they market it as a pc game. would be really naive to believe dice will ever make a pc game again.
PC is lead version, it will be scaled down for consoles. I can find the quote if you don't believe me.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

TrashBlinD wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Oh, definitely. I've just read one too many purist comments to not make one in reply.

I think much of BC2's problems come from the fact it is a console port. Something that BF3 is not.
Just because it's not a console 'port' dosen't mean it won't play like a console game brah.
Oh, I reckon it will be more like a PC game than BC2 is, that's for sure.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955

Jaekus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

PC is lead version, it will be scaled down for consoles. I can find the quote if you don't believe me.
This might be true, but it will still have elements of gameplay that will appeal to the console market!
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Of course, that's a given. There just seem to be too many people reckoning it will be exactly like BC2, and/or if it is not exactly like BF2 they're gonna get upset. I'm cautiously optimistic enough to believe it will fall somewhere between the two, ie. it will be a better PC game than BC2 is but with some elements from BC2, ie. not exactly like BF2.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955
They will take the best from both games. I think people need to put more faith in the devs, they're not idiots, regardless of what people think!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Can't please everyone and PC players will always find something to bitch about regardless.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Jaekus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

hahaha i've seen the quotes all over. it's just that a console engine is a console engine. no one can make a pc game out of frostbite. besides

DUnlimited wrote:

would be really naive to believe dice will ever make a pc game again.
all the previews of bf3 have console stamped all over them.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2011-05-08 17:11:25)

Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5955

Nic wrote:

Can't please everyone and PC players will always find something to bitch about regardless.
Too true.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

DUnlimited wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

hahaha i've seen the quotes all over. it's just that a console engine is a console engine. no one can make a pc game out of frostbite.
Call me naive if you wish, but they've remade the game engine, hopefully so it suits PC more.

DUnlimited wrote:

Oh, so you've played them game then?
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

Jaekus wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

hahaha i've seen the quotes all over. it's just that a console engine is a console engine. no one can make a pc game out of frostbite.
Call me naive if you wish, but they've remade the game engine, hopefully so it suits PC more.

DUnlimited wrote:

Oh, so you've played them game then?
Have you played any game DICE has made in the past few years? Especially BC2 or even the horror that was Medal of Honor?
Just because the game is called BF3 dosen't mean they'll go back to making proper PC games with an actual skill curve. Even 2142 was a significant step down from BF2 and that was before the consolization of BF even began.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Yes, I own BF Vietnam, BF2, 2142 and BC2. But this is just what I'm saying, if you're wanting BF2 reskinned you're going to be sorely disappointed. I believe it will be a swing towards that direction from BC2, but certainly not the same.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
They said BC2 would be a true PC game, too...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
If dice does kill the sandbox battlefield series I'm just hoping another developer will recognize the gap and at least try to fill it. It'd be great if dice recognizes their opportunity to keep the series alive and puts out a good successor.  But at this point my expectation is that COD has forever destroyed sandbox shooters.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Pretty sure they used the same game engine as they made for Bad Company 1, for console only... at least with BF3 they've said they've remade the game engine, so it lends some faith towards it being more suited to PC.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
There is a fair bit of talk about consoles but the interview is for XBOX by the looks of things.

His comment at the end "BF3 will be a more serious game ... some of the more hardcore elements of BF2 will be back in BF3"

What do you guys make of that? Interested.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-05-09 03:40:23)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
By hardcore BF2 elements he probably means you have to carefully place your shots from a safe distance, instead of just running in and spraying form the hip getting multikills
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4843|Amsterdam
Although the trailer doesnt support my theory
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
The trailer is SP though. It will be interesting how MP turns out. The talk of large maps, jets and prone is good though. He even made reference to sandbox style gaming too.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

Jaekus wrote:

Pretty sure they used the same game engine as they made for Bad Company 1, for console only... at least with BF3 they've said they've remade the game engine, so it lends some faith towards it being more suited to PC.
They said similar things for BC2. Up-scaling it for PC´s and all. And Frostbite 2 isn´t a new engine, it´s an improved Frostbite 1.
I´m still hoping for a good Bf, but I won´t hold my breath.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard