KuSTaV
noice
+947|6672|Gold Coast
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6819|BC, Canada
s'right

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

buying a house isn't an irrational decision.  buying an overpriced house simply for the status of 'owning a house' is irrational, sure.  But not everyone does that.
yeah, instead they rent for over a grand a month to get the hip spot, and lease a car - a new one every 2 years.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5518|London, England

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

buying a house isn't an irrational decision.  buying an overpriced house simply for the status of 'owning a house' is irrational, sure.  But not everyone does that.
yeah, instead they rent for over a grand a month to get the hip spot, and lease a car - a new one every 2 years.
Rent for less than a grand a month doesn't exist around here. I currently pay $1200 for a 1BR and that's low...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6809

Where abouts is this flat, Jay?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

Where abouts is this flat, Jay?
About 1 1/2 miles north of where I currently live (northeastern Queens).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6639

Jay wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Rent for less than a grand a month doesn't exist around here. I currently pay $1200 for a 1BR and that's low...
Hmm.. I pay $100 less that and I own.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6728|Mountains of NC

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

mines $900 and I own

but I'm in whole different scale where I live vs jay's
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

More aggressive ignorance. Cost of living is half down there. So is pay.

Last edited by Jay (2011-04-29 12:50:48)

-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6639

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Jay wrote:

More aggressive ignorance. Cost of living is jalf down there. So is pay.
Aggressive ignorance abound.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6639
I'm sorry Jay I just don't see the point in paying off someone else's mortgage.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

You'd rather pay the bank interest, Pay for renovations, Pay property taxes, Limit your job opportunities etc
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6639

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

You'd rather pay the bank interest, Pay for renovations, Pay property taxes, Limit your job opportunities etc
Interest can be deducted during taxes.  Renovations potentially increase the value of the home.  You're paying the landlord's property tax (he's hidden it in the cost of rent).  If you're in a pinch you can get $$ quick by leveling a 2nd mortgage & if you're good you can get an appraiser to hook you up.  I can understand the job opportunities etc, but I've been gainfully employed for the last 8 years so I won't be moving lest it be to upgrade -and when I do so I'll probably rent where I'm at now out.  I rented in college and hated it as I felt the money was going nowhere fast.  I should have bought the 5 units when they became available and rented em out when I had that chance (where I lived back in the day).  Oh well.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5746

I watched a Bill Hicks performance a few weeks ago on Netflix. He was really funny despite the jokes being older than I am.
Microwave
_
+515|6815|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
ghettoperson
+1,943|6809

I went from thinking "that song is quite catchy" at the start of the video, to about three minutes in when I was like "I really, really hate this song now". Pretty funny though.
Microwave
_
+515|6815|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
You've not heard that song before?!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6809

Yeah of course, it's just not something I'd really listen to.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5948|Catherine Black
That was fan-fucking-tastic.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6698|Long Island, New York
With costs, received financial aid and campus life, I've narrowed down my college decision to two choices: American University and University of Miami.

Aaaand I can't choose.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6809

American University (AU or American) is a Methodist[3] private liberal arts[3] and research university in Washington, D.C
Miami.

Plus you'd have a decent football team.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5862|College Park, MD
Well what do you want to study?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5862|College Park, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Well what do you want to study?
like honestly, go to whichever one has a better-respected program for what you want to study. If that's AU, then pick AU... Miami is probably super fun but that won't mean much when the best job you can get is Shift Manager at a Wal-Mart in Orlando because nobody took your degree seriously.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6631
american university just sounds gay

it's like saying "im going to english university"

stupid name doesn't inspire much hope
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6698|Long Island, New York
Poli Sci is my major. American does make sense, but it's not like Miami's Poli Sci program is shit. It's pretty respected from what I understand.

Not to mention I'll be going into the military right after college anyways.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard