Camm wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

wat
Bus.
Oh.. fair enough then haha
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6570

i would buy economical cars if i wanted to save on petrol... higher mpg = less fun
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.
I get ∞ MPG, walking and cycling.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

DonFck wrote:

Tell me about it. Gas was 1,25 a year ago, now at 1,57. I remember paying 1€ / litre, those were the days. And note that we mix 10% ethanol in our 95 Octane since Jan 1st, it still has no effect whatsoever on the price.
I still remember seeing a gallon of gas priced at $0.89 prior to the first Gulf War. That's some wicked inflation over a twenty year period. Damn Chinese.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Sisco wrote:

Stop whining amerifags, I paid up to 1,80€ per liter at times.
well blame your country for taxing the crap out of it.  and the OP is canadian btw so maybe you should stop being stupid?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.
i firmly believe that hardly any research into hybrid fuel technologies is being carried out because fuel tax brings in too much money. government is greedy.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

I'm pretty sure if you drive something as stupid as a Sierra you lose all right to bitch about gas prices.
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm pretty sure if you drive something as stupid as a Sierra you lose all right to bitch about gas prices.
what if you work on a farm?  or in construction?  not everyone lives on top of eachother like euro land you know.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

I'd bet a lot less than 50% of people who own pickup trucks are in one of those trades.
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

I'd bet a lot less than 50% of people who own pickup trucks are in one of those trades.
prolly...not the point i am making though
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6220|Brisneyland
I did a post on this a while ago.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=104578
There is probably some good tips there.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Having just Google'd it, it appears a cold air intake for a Sierra costs between $150-350. Someone do the math on how many miles it'd take to pay itself off.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If it gains him 1 mpg... about 40 gallons worth or 500ish miles.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

what if you work on a farm?  or in construction?  not everyone lives on top of eachother like euro land you know.
lol
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Camm wrote:

i firmly believe that hardly any research into hybrid fuel technologies is being carried out because fuel tax brings in too much money. government is greedy.
Are you an engineer? No? Ok, then I'll explain to you that the cheapest form of energy ever harnessed by mankind comes in the form of the internal combustion engine. Fuel is relatively cheap compared to the alternatives. The problem is, the combustion engine is at about its peak for performance. Sure, they can eek out a few more horsepower or a few more mpg, but it's pretty much a done technology. Same goes for the electric motors they attach to hybrid vehicles. It's done. Nowhere else to go. The only limitation is the battery and how much power it can store as well as how long it takes to refill. Trust me when I say that close to a billion dollars a year is thrown into that research as it would have far reaching consequences (in a good way) for humanity.

Now someone in this thread said that it's hard to feel sorry for people bitching about fuel prices and I 100% agree. It's not like this spike in fuel costs came out of nowhere, it's been going up steadily for the past twenty years. If you want a muscle car or a truck you pay the price at the pump. If you don't want to pay that price there are always SmartCars and hybrids. You can't have your powerful engine and get good mpg at the same time, sorry.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
i only fill up my tank once per month
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6570

Jay wrote:

You can't have your powerful engine and get good mpg at the same time, sorry.
22+ mpg from my M3 isn't bad

but no one will be surprised high performance cars have a low mpg, i've never heard anyone complain about it
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Toilet Sex wrote:

Jay wrote:

You can't have your powerful engine and get good mpg at the same time, sorry.
22+ mpg from my M3 isn't bad

but no one will be surprised high performance cars have a low mpg, i've never heard anyone complain about it
I get 25 mpg with the shitbox Honda CRV I share with my fiancee. I call it a shitbox because, like most Americans, I have an aversion to shitty 4 cylinder engines. But hey, great gas mileage for an SUV.

With gas prices today, if you want speed, I say buy a motorcycle. I spend $16 to fill its tank and it lasts me all week.
-Frederick Bastiat
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫
normal petrol Euro95    is  € 1.749 / L       
Super plus               €1.814 /L       
Diesel                       €1.429 /L

shit is crazy expensive compared to usa

Last edited by menzo (2011-04-19 07:41:05)

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

menzo wrote:

normal petrol Euro95    is  € 1.749        
Super plus               €1.814        
Diesel                       €1.429

Because your politicians want to control your actions via taxation. You're too stupid to make the choice of buying a car with good fuel economy on your own so they made the decision for you
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

menzo wrote:

normal petrol Euro95    is  € 1.749 / L       
Super plus               €1.814 /L       
Diesel                       €1.429 /L

nobody is comparing to the usa.  will you euros please stop ffs.  NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU PAY

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-19 07:42:30)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6570

well if i wanted just speed i probably would buy a bike
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
We have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and it's pretty decent on gas. 22 MPG average with a 200HP V6. Even my Cadillac I had a few months back did 19MPG average, with it's massive V8. Thank god I got rid of that when gas was below 3$ a gallon.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Toilet Sex wrote:

well if i wanted just speed i probably would buy a bike
I want to get a 335i sometime soon. Probably after the wedding.
-Frederick Bastiat
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6444|Amsterdam‫

Jay wrote:

menzo wrote:

normal petrol Euro95    is  € 1.749        
Super plus               €1.814        
Diesel                       €1.429

Because your politicians want to control your actions via taxation. You're too stupid to make the choice of buying a car with good fuel economy on your own so they made the decision for you
that is true, the Netherlands has the highest extra tax on petrol in the world, €0,72826 tax per litre  and that is without 19% VAT
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard