imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6779|Human Meat Shield
The Paper Airplane. Because thats where ALL planes start from. Drawings can be dangerous.
ZuDragon
+1|6571

Rizen_Ji wrote:

MIG-29...

I dunno, a good MIG pilot would beat almost any F-15 or 22 pilot.
I think if you take a good pilot, train them for the g loads of an Su-37, and then place them in anything.. they would dominate. I saw the Terminator fly at the MAKS97 airshow and its pilot made that thing stand on its tail motionless for 10 seconds before bringing the nose down and flying without loosing altitude.. that's something, i wish the f-22 had 360 degree thrust vectoring instead of just 2d.. then it would probably beat the Su-37 in a dogfight.. otherwise it would have to shoot it down from BVR.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6766|United States of America
In active duty today, F-14. In the future, F-22. In WWII, P-51 Mustang bitches!
ZuDragon
+1|6571

Miller wrote:

In active duty today, F-14. In the future, F-22. In WWII, P-51 Mustang bitches!
Love the 14, can't decide about the 22, Mustang rules.. hehe.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6580|Portland, OR, USA
First off.. I'm opposed to just about every kind of military intervention, wars, etc.  I don't see the point in shortening young boy's lives.  War's a horrible thing... In real life, which plane would dominate all? You're talking about ending a human life.  I dont see how people can justify this?  Because of the propoganda delivered to you from a young age through mass media maybe? Or that you're fighting for some "noble" cause?  I just see wars as pointless, a way for rich leaders to show the power of their country.  Nationalism.. pointless nationalism.

but... if you're going to go to war, the air force is possibly the most inhumane, dehumanizing sect of them all.  Dropping a bomb from thousands of feet in the air on the heads of innocent civillians.(yes innocent civillians 100,000 + INNOCENTS killed in iraq already).  And you can only justify it because you dont ever have to meet the kid with no legs , you never have to see the dozens of innocent men, women and children killed, cuz your isolated in your little cockpit laughing as you see the bodies fly in all directions from on your radar.

I guess what i'm trying to say is think for yourself.  You see the military and armed forces glorified on TV through media, movies .. propoganda.. etc.  But its not all that great.  Just another way to piss away money that could be used for actual noble causes.. world hunger, AIDS awareness in africa (considering what.. 50% of them have it now), poverty in our own country (USA), alternative energy, depleting ozone, global warming, the 9 trillion dollar debt accumulated because of this war (every person in America owes 30,000 dollars at this point.. babies included) ...  War is one of the most disgusting things on this planet... If only people could get it through their thick skulls to understand that maybe we'd be better off
sragoot
+3|6745
I really like everybodys input on this subject keep it up guys.
Boomerjinks
+301|6805|Denver, CO

sragoot wrote:

I say the F-15E STRIKE EAGLE cause its been tried and tested under combat conditions and came out on top on every single engagement and its improved doplar radar can spot multiple enemy air targets from over 100 miles away, and can engage up to 4 enemy air targets at once. Also it can bomb the hell out of the enemy with pin point accuracy and switch right back to the role of an air superiority fighter with a flick of a switch. This plane is a marvel of technology.

What are every body elses thoughts on this, if this has been posted already, so bloody what.
Is it just me or does this guy sound like spokesman from McDonnel Douglas? Words like "pin-point accurracy" and "improved doppler radar"....it's an f-ing sales pitch.

Yes, I am flaming!

I find posts like this to be redundant because no one really reads what the question is, or reads what comes out of their own mouths.

The question was "In real life which plane in the game would dominate all?" That means, of all the games airplanes, which real-life counter-part is the best?"

Well...what do you mean by "best"? Best for what? Bombing? Dogfighting? Speed? Manueverability? Payload? Range? Durability? Stealth?

Everything people say on this topic is mostly just masturbation because of the lack of facts....I seriously doubt you guys want to hunker down and actually compare payload and airspeed information.

As for the not reading the question and things people say:

Stryyker, the A-10 is not in Battlefield 2 (not yet, at least)
mjw, the F-14 is not in Battlefield 2
The_guardsman, harriers are not in Battlefield 2 (not yet, at least)
Tyferra, C-130s are not in Battlefield 2
1stLt.MikeUSAF, the AC-130 is not in Battlefield 2
LT_W.J.Kamikaza, the F-22 is not in Battlefield 2

And if you actually do your research, very.....very little is known about the J-10. So it's down between two two-seat bombers and three fighters, one that was developed in the early 70s, on that was developed in the early 80s, and the last that is still being developed.......

So, while we are really wasting our time, what is better, Star Wars or Star Trek?
Boomerjinks
+301|6805|Denver, CO
I was up very early this morning, and I was sitting on a volcano of rage, and Fate directed me to this thread....so there.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6769|Rotherham, England
it makes me laugh that people think the f-35 will "own" or even cyborg ninja, that thinks it already "owns".

1. The F35 is still in production and testings stages, so therefore has never "owned".
2. The F35 is not that quick and there are half a dozen if not more planes that are much quicker.
3. The best air superiority fighter in BF2 (in real life) would be either F18 or F15, not F35
4. British people (like me) put too much faith in Eurofighter, when in actual fact it is purely made for a defensive role and would not be used for any large scale attack. (thats what f35 is for, when it comes into service).
5. At the end of the day, the american planes will always be the best as they have the best technology available to man, they have very well trained pilots (so do UK but we don't have the same numbers as US), and because of this they will kill pretty much everything without ever been seen so dogfighting would very rarely ever be a question.

So for everyone that thinks the f35 will "own", think again and research on the internet and see that even though it is very technologically advanced it is only made really for one thing, and that is AIR TO GROUND, not air to air.
Boomerjinks
+301|6805|Denver, CO
I agree. I do think the F-15 is aging though, and it's not that other planes are better so much as the F-15 has a GIGANTIC radar cross-section due to right-angle control surfaces. I definitely wouldn't bet on a huge strike eagle versus a smaller, nimbler jet like what the F-35 might (MIGHT) be.

But then again, there aren't many dogfights these days, so maybe we should be comparing which missiles "own."

And don't anyone f-ing mention the Phoenix.....goddammit I know someone will.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6816|The planet Tophet
F-22 And AC-130 Spectre gunship and F/A-18
dedelus
+4|6664
As an interesting trivia fact, the F-15 can out climb a Saturn V rocket up to 60,000 ft.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6594|Finland
My personal favourite is B-2, but i also like F-18 Hornet(that is used here in Finland).
Boomerjinks
+301|6805|Denver, CO
THEY DO NOT REEEEEAAAD!!!! AUGH!

*stab stab stab stab*
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
Flying in BF2 is really starting to get on my nerves now. The SU's/MiG's/J10/F18 can all evade missiles by raising altitude sharply/flares. The F35 can't do shit all. I've done every fucking evasive move with that plane but the missile always hits, when i'm in any other plane i barely have to do anything for the missile to miss. ANNOYING. This doesn't happen all the time but 90% of the time it does.

Can anyone recommend a decent flight combat game/sim? (Not MS combat flight sim as thats only WW2 from what i've seen) The balance issues in this game is tiresome.

Wrong topic i know, but whatever...
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6766|United States of America
The F-35 is only one version of the JSF though, there are three others. All in all, if you don't have the need for the F-35 because it's air-ground, get the F-22, Air-Air. Just switch it up a little.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847
what ever it is, it will have a white star and USAF Stenciled on it
Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine
SU-30 , DICE made a mistake , It is air superiority fighter , not a bomber..
Da_MaDd_HaTtA
+2|6670|Brisbane
i believe the AC-130 spectre has a 105mm howitzer using a low charge (minimal powder) and uses precision guided rounds, similar to a lgb but not as accurate but none the less still devastating, oh that along side the 4 20mm cannond and 4 miniguns, PWNED
sragoot
+3|6745

Boomerjinks wrote:

THEY DO NOT REEEEEAAAD!!!! AUGH!

*stab stab stab stab*
I feel your pain man but its interesting to see what people write.
senor_fulff
+25|6770|Yorkshire, UK.
A jet-engined spitfire

It is more manouverable just lacking in speed compared to modern jets
??
+32|6609
F-15 is the #1 jet now not a single one has ever been lost in combat (im talking USA) but bf2 makes this the worst jet they need to map 45,000ft ceilings and have the jets realistic but its ok thats what FLIGHT SIMS are for anyway bf2 tries to keep everything equal and not go into each vehicle too deep
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

https://www.elchineroconcepts.com/XB70.jpg

N.A. XB-70 Valkarie

i <3 this plane
howler_27
+90|6697
"5. At the end of the day, the american planes will always be the best as they have the best technology available to man, they have very well trained pilots (so do UK but we don't have the same numbers as US), and because of this they will kill pretty much everything without ever been seen so dogfighting would very rarely ever be a question."

We may have the best trained pilots, but I give the UK mad props for thier low level flying.  They are by far the best pilots in the world at map of the earth flying.  Day, night, and through stormy weather, they would be the ones that I'd pick for low level strike missions.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6804|Idaho, USA / Age 30

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

stryyker wrote:

A10, it may be cumbersome, but good lord it it one of the best planes ever
The A-10 didn't give us F-15C's a chance in the Gulf War! I flew 13 sorties and only 1 confirmed kill that was a T-80 MBT. Our unit wanted more, but those A-10's bet us to our objectives.
You have to admit 1stLtMikeUSAF that those A-10's do rock with what they can do.  That gun is probably one of the deadliest guns ever.  Plus with its hardpoints holy crap that thing can carry alot.  I think you would agree and it has that armor.  OH yeah Gotta love the A-10.  It was my favorite in the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and always will be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard