magzy
+11|6722
Nice camera angles and movie "flow" , not the kind of movie i generally like tho, wasnt that exciting. Did what it was intended to do well tho, n1.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Beautifull
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
nice vid +1
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

']['error wrote:

nice vid +1
Thank you!
I need around tree fiddy.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6554|England
Few comments from a fellow chopper wh0re...
1. Very nice first attempt,
2. *Personal Preference* I like first person view better in vids, but i spose your way is more beautiful!
3. Choppers should never really cap flags... but if the server was pretty empty spose its ok.
4. Would have been nice to see you go against another chopper...
5. The C4 trap was great

Overall, +1!
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6621|United States
That was a great video +1
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6456|Melbourne

Verry  nice vid there Don!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6298

Don,

Again another satisfied viewer. I enjoyed it a lot! I loved the music, everybody here is right that its nice hearing something more pleasant then Rock/Rap where you can't even hear the game. Just loud music....

I have a question, if this was in a real game-real server, then how can you change the camera angle to the enemy when you blew the C4? Does the program you use record ALL of the game, then you can go in and view everything, and any angle?!

If thats the case....Damn, how big of a file would that be?!

You have half inspired me to make a video, in which case that half means I am going to go and look up on the forums tips on how to make, edit, and publish them! And check out battlerecorder.

+1 My Man.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Don,

Again another satisfied viewer. I enjoyed it a lot! I loved the music, everybody here is right that its nice hearing something more pleasant then Rock/Rap where you can't even hear the game. Just loud music....

I have a question, if this was in a real game-real server, then how can you change the camera angle to the enemy when you blew the C4? Does the program you use record ALL of the game, then you can go in and view everything, and any angle?!

If thats the case....Damn, how big of a file would that be?!

You have half inspired me to make a video, in which case that half means I am going to go and look up on the forums tips on how to make, edit, and publish them! And check out battlerecorder.

+1 My Man.
Thank you very much!

To answer your question, it was a Battle Recorder file. So the whole round is recorded. Camera angles are free to change continuously (so is playback speed), then you just fraps what you need. However, the Swedes at Dice forgot to put in a "Rewind"-button in there, so the attacking of the APC and tank required watching the file 4 times from the beginning. The C4-scene required starting the file 3 times all the way from when the first person logs on to the server, to 20 minutes later when the C4 is blown.

Miss one shot/angle -> start the file from scratch.. Stupid Swedes..

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-07 22:24:56)

I need around tree fiddy.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI
Yeah, excellent for a first try...

I'll have to have a look at that Battlerecorder dealy, never knew that's how it worked...

@ the start I was all like "wtf? He can shoot pretty well for 3rd person..."

Then I read that..

+1 mate. (Oh, +1 too, to Uber for that C4 trap )
SlyFox
+4|6630|Australia, Adelaide
I Just like how it was 'one-run' I'm not a fan of the highltight reels...

'look how good I am when I edit out all the parts where I die and my uber-medics revive me'

Also, throw in some of the 'kill log text' or whatever you call the stuff on the top left when you are playing, it gives the viewers an idea of how BUSY or INTENSE the game is.

nice otherwise, I was however waiting for DJ Tiesto to break out when you blew something up- Fing great track.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6576|Parainen, Finland
Where is our glorious movie....Where is it?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
It's up your ass.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

^ reported.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Few comments from a fellow chopper wh0re...
1. Very nice first attempt,
2. *Personal Preference* I like first person view better in vids, but i spose your way is more beautiful!
3. Choppers should never really cap flags... but if the server was pretty empty spose its ok.
4. Would have been nice to see you go against another chopper...
5. The C4 trap was great

Overall, +1!
Very old reply, but #3 is way off the mark.

In large maps, choppers are perfect for capping unattended flags.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard