v1l2u5
+1|6798

Tungsten wrote:

I finally got this badge today playing on a 64 player Karkland server as a sniper.  The trick, for me, was to dump claymores in the narrow alleyways surrounding that first flag.  Once that point switch hands my kills went way down.  I had much more luck w/ the claymores than the C4...

I'm missing only the knife badge, now.  It seems even more ridiculous.  7 in one round?
I agree with knife.. I think most stat pad on it.

I tried the claymore in SaK but keep TK'ing, then I tried jeep jihad to no avil.. So I went as Mec Engr and dropped mines in the front fence area..
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6867|-
Songhua Stalemate. Play the waiting game after laying C4 at base entrances. I guess I was just lucky that I managed to get two full Jeeps and a full APC during that round though...
divided
Clear!
+3|6793
I didn't stat pad on my knife badge..that hurts my feelings when you say most people do
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6848|Germany
my most kills with knife in one round was 3 times... and that was very lucky i walked up onto sniper positions and knifed em but i will never get the knife badge

@topic: i never worked on the explosives badge because i am soo bad with spec ops and i dont want to lay mines as sniper or engineer too muck tk experience

when i have enough points i will try it to get the next higher rank because i need all basic badges...
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6786|Trondheim, Norway
Im quite suprised how hard the demo badge actually was, allways tough it would be cake but i was wrong there. Prolly because i was actually TRYING to get it, i allways get trouble when i really try. Sollution was a claymores in chokepoints.

On a sidenote, i was prolly more of a liability then a asset to my faction on that claymore rampage, still have nightmares due to those tk's.
Hurlin
+5|6795|Australia

MattCicioni wrote:

I have a question, does your suicides get subtracted from your kill count if you are jihad jeeping?

I swear I got 23 kills with C4, but no badge, perhaps I killed myself too much.

-Matt

http://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
http://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
http://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
yep same I've had 20+ scores and ONLY used my C4.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut wiped myself and my team pretty harshly, wich I think detracts from your badge score.

Think I might go sniper and just claymore flags with a supply biotch.
Israfael
+1|6814
Actually, when I got my exp explosives it was the main reason why the enemy DIDN'T get the first flag.  Didn't hurt our team or score any.  If you try to get it on Karkand as USMC you will probably get a lot of tks but as MEC its a really good defensive move as large groups of people generally go through the same areas over and over.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6785|Toronto Canada
not hard, i thought it was at first, but its really not. all you have to do is be a little suicidal.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6840
I went for my vet badge today and the stupid ghey server didnt load my stats when I joined so I was a private. I almost met the requirements for expert too.

Strange thing is when Im a private like that, it usualy awards me all the basic badges and whatnot, but I never got awarded the basic or anything so something was definately wrong..

The patch says nothing of subtracting the kill from your suicide as stated earlier in the post, but I did the same exact thing on the round I was playing as I did before the patch. I ended up with a 33:33 K:D at the end of the round with NOTHING.

I think Im going to try the claymore + supply friend and see how that goes.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-23 08:40:29)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6790|AUS, Canberra

v1l2u5 wrote:

Tungsten wrote:

I finally got this badge today playing on a 64 player Karkland server as a sniper.  The trick, for me, was to dump claymores in the narrow alleyways surrounding that first flag.  Once that point switch hands my kills went way down.  I had much more luck w/ the claymores than the C4...

I'm missing only the knife badge, now.  It seems even more ridiculous.  7 in one round?
I agree with knife.. I think most stat pad on it.

I tried the claymore in SaK but keep TK'ing, then I tried jeep jihad to no avil.. So I went as Mec Engr and dropped mines in the front fence area..
i guess i half stat padded for my basic knife, me and a friend having knife fights, we were both trying to get the other guy more than they got us.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6840|Belgium

Among the basic badge requirements, the knife and boom badge are probably the hardest, but for the veteran badges they are among the easiest.
23 kills with explosives IAR seems to be even harder than 13, but it’s nothing compared to the rest. Using A SPECIFIC vehicle type for 100h EACH, are they kidding? Even worse, sitting for 15h in a TOW or 30h in a AA, what’s the use of that? Do they think my virtual self needs a tan?

Please… Try to avoid hurting my feelings or even pushing me in a BF depression… So, for my personal well being, do not, I repeat, DO NOT mention the requirements of certain expert badges.
Ai…
Here I am thinking about them…
Damned…
Those nice shinning tinkling golden badges… I want… I want them… Here I go… Now I have to go and game an extra 1410 hours… :'(

See you next year…
R
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6797
This is exactly the reason why Im satisfied with basic badges .

I would like the higher badges, but the way I look at it, I don't expert in everything - especially if I prefer a few certain classes, I would like higher badges in those (Medic, Anti-Tank, Sniper, etc.) rather than others.

Im content with having the basic of every badge - whatever I get for badges now, Ill get just from playing the game, not consciously trying to get the badge.  I think its a bit more respectable that way anyways, so that way when people see that I have the _____ expert badge, they know that I'm good with that type of weaponry in everyday gaming, not for the one round I tried to get the badge, know what Im saying?  I have nothing against those who try to get certain vet/expert badges, this is just my belief.

Anywho, best of luck to all those who try for the vet/expert badges - some of them are mighty tough to get.

Last edited by DrDestruction (2005-10-23 09:52:58)

[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6781

Mubbly wrote:

I got mine easily by suicide car bombing on MEC team repeatedly at Strike and Karkand. Just gotta be quick about it and go str8 for the road in front of the 1st fence on the way up. You'll run into a tank or APC allot too, I'd always give them priority .
Yea, just spawn as Spec Ops on Strike At Karkand, and plant all 5 of your c4 on a jeep.  The way you should place it for best results is thus:
2 on the front (one just inside each headlight)
1 on each side, about in the middle
1 on the back bumper.

This setup gives you the best blast radius for a suicide car bombing.  the 2 on the front is for any tanks.  Just swerve around to avoid its fire, then ram it (or get close), hop out, and hit the detonator.  Remember, it's crucial to make sure you have your detonator out when you get into the jeep, so that when you jump out, the detonator comes up.  Otherwise you risk getting killed by gunfire.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6806

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

1 on the back bumper.
I like to put them on the wheels for the ultimate ghetto effect.  To teammates it looks like you have some crazy-assed redskull rims ;D
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6781

beeng wrote:

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

1 on the back bumper.
I like to put them on the wheels for the ultimate ghetto effect.  To teammates it looks like you have some crazy-assed redskull rims ;D
lol that is fun too. I also sometimes will put em on the rotors of a chopper, just for how cool it looks when it's flying
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6785

v1l2u5 wrote:

Tungsten wrote:

I agree with knife.. I think most stat pad on it....
I suspected that was the case until I actually tried it.  Practiced for a couple minutes on an unranked server and then hoped into Karkand as spec-op with the knife drawn.  Almost earned a Purple Heart, went 7 and 21, but managed to get it done.  Another thread here had some good tactics suggestions, do a quick search and it'll help your stabbing a lot.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6801|Texas
I managed to pull the expert knife badge off in my first round of trying.  Thats some fun shit.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6802|The Hague, Holland

elbowdeeplove wrote:

I managed to pull the expert knife badge off in my first round of trying.  Thats some fun shit.
Got vet in my first try, cus I dont have 500 knife killz

Its reall easy :S I mean come on. One tip though : Dont have your knife out the entire time, ppl will now what your trying to do . Just pull it out when you have the chance
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6801|Texas

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Got vet in my first try, cus I dont have 500 knife killz

Its reall easy :S I mean come on. One tip though : Dont have your knife out the entire time, ppl will now what your trying to do . Just pull it out when you have the chance
Whoa, BIG DIFFERENCE between vet and expert knife badges.  Vet is the same as basic in that it requires you to get 7 knife kills in a round.  The only difference between basic and vet is that vet requires you to have 50 kills with it first.

Expert, on the other hand, requires you to make 17 kills in a round.  This is no easy task, I don't care what you think.  You don't even have to be trying for the badge.  Just go one round with killing with your knife only and see how many you can get.  In the round I got the badge I had about 21 knife kills the entire round and a couple of kills with a TOW.  For half the round I had more kills than anybody had using a gun or armor.  And this was on Karkand mind you.  I pretty much had my knife out the whole time, jumping, strafing, stabbing.  A lot of those kills were pretty much pure luck of me being in the middle of everyone swinging and getting a couple of kills out of it, but damn, you can NOT call that easy.
Lawk
+2|6794
Easy badge.
rezyn8
+3|6792|Melbourne, Australia
Badge: Basic Explosives Ordinance
Class: Spec Ops
Method: Jihad Jeep
Map: Gulf of Oman (64/64)

Loaded up APC's are the trick here as well as densley populated capture points.

Knife badge remains an elusive dream for me at present!
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6806|Rockhampton Qld
ok ill be honest, and i dont mind sounding like a looser, but i have tried to get the explosives badge now for over a week and i still cant get it.
dont know what im doing wrong, i have tried all the sugestions layed down here, but the only thing i seam to kill with explosives is my own team mates, as someone said, its like moths to a light.
i do need help to get this i will admit,
i have tried on all maps and still no luck, ( mabe im trying to hard ) i dont know, but to be honest, now all i am playing for is that badge, i cant move forward until i get it.
i will not noob for it, i will not suicide for it, i want it honestly or not at all.
and the time frame just does not allow you to get it, if you want to play fair.
and another thing to get re-supply so you can get it , sometimes is useless.
ok enough rambling from me, im off to try again.
thanx for listening, i do feel for the others as well.

ps: it would be good to have a ts server for BF2S forum members, it would put a new level for your memers.
      just a thought.
NATRONIS
+0|6779
this is my last basic badge to get. ive gotten 12 kills in so many games with boombooms, that im extremely pissed. i got my damn pistols veteran and basic knife easier than this resilient badge. i never thought to try for it at karkand though. thatll be my next attempt.
https://bf2s.com/player/36150622/sig5.pnghttps://bf2s.com/player/36150622/sig3.pnghttps://bf2s.com/player/36150622/awards.jpghttps://bf2s.com/player/36150622/sig.png

Last edited by NATRONIS (2005-10-25 10:35:26)

Mad dawg
+0|6788
C4 is the easeist way to get it. I just got it last night. I got 40 C4 kills in one round.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6861|Missoula, MT
I still can't figure out how to kill C4...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard