Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6010|...
Right, it doesn't - and that applies to everyone all across the board. If you compare the values of a muslim born and raised in a western country, to a kid who's been unfortunate enough to have been born in Afghanistan - you got to admit that there's far more to it than simply the religion itself.

Heck, if you were to compare the two the only similarity would be that they pray multipile times a day in the same direction.
inane little opines
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6141|North Tonawanda, NY

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Already explained my opinion on that.

lowing wrote:

Look, it is not acceptable to kill your wife, ( never mind saw off her fuckin head) in our society for wanting a divorce. Not even in Texas. He did not get that accepted behavior in the US he got it from the ME.
You do know that he had been divorced twice previously, right?  And that his previous wives filed for divorce...and are still alive?  Maybe he's just a killer.  Why try to make this into some sort of 'islamic invasion'?
I didn't, it is yet another countless example of the fucked up mind set prevalent and carried out in Islamic culture. In an Islamic culture this is acceptable. All of your arguments try to deflect from that fact, and I just ain't biting.
I haven't argued anything about how it's received in other countries, and why would I?  I don't know, I don't care, and I don't live there.  Your idea that this is somehow leading to islamic law or whatever in the US is laughable.  The dude is in PRISON for his CRIME!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Already explained my opinion on that.
You do know that he had been divorced twice previously, right?  And that his previous wives filed for divorce...and are still alive?  Maybe he's just a killer.  Why try to make this into some sort of 'islamic invasion'?
I didn't, it is yet another countless example of the fucked up mind set prevalent and carried out in Islamic culture. In an Islamic culture this is acceptable. All of your arguments try to deflect from that fact, and I just ain't biting.
I haven't argued anything about how it's received in other countries, and why would I?  I don't know, I don't care, and I don't live there.  Your idea that this is somehow leading to islamic law or whatever in the US is laughable.  The dude is in PRISON for his CRIME!
THat was not my argument, that was a side comment in response to something else said.

I do not think this is a sign of Islamic intrusion. It is nothing more than another example as to how and why Islam is one fucked up way of life. If you wanna say I am turning it into Islamic Armageddon in lieu of a real argument,  I can't help that.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6263|England
Dude most religion is fucked up tbh. Just look at some of the sects from each religion & you will find a bunch of lost souls looking for a void to be fill because they are not strong enough to deal with what life throws at them. As for the beheading part it would be wrong to say he may have been influenced by his religious culture but it was a crime of passion so she was probably killed with what ever came to hand first. She may still be alive today if he came across a electric garden strimmer first.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

I speak of Islamic culture, coupled with the religion. I don't care how long it has been going on. It has no place in western society. The culture and religion of Islam is stepping backwards from the progress of tolerance equality and freedom we have made in western society. You asked why I hate it? Now you know.
But it's got nothing to do with Islam. You hate a practice carried out by the Pashtun people. Ok, so deny them visas.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atla … llery.html

beg to differ.
I hope Pamela Geller dies. I'm not joking around either I hope she stops breathing soon.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

But it's got nothing to do with Islam. You hate a practice carried out by the Pashtun people. Ok, so deny them visas.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atla … llery.html

beg to differ.
I hope Pamela Geller dies. I'm not joking around either I hope she stops breathing soon.
I have no idea who she is. I just though it was amusing that he threw a link called atlasshrugs at me
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

THat was not my argument, that was a side comment in response to something else said.

I do not think this is a sign of Islamic intrusion. It is nothing more than another example as to how and why Islam is one fucked up way of life. If you wanna say I am turning it into Islamic Armageddon in lieu of a real argument,  I can't help that.
And you say that my argument is to defend islam, which it isn't.  I don't buy that this guy did it because of islam, but rather he did it because he's a fucking asshole and a criminal.  He allowed his previous two wives to divorce him, and they still have heads on their shoulders...so why behead only this one because she filed if he thought the appropriate response to the other two would be to murder/behead?  Probably because he's a fucking asshole and a criminal.  I think islam doesn't factor into this at all.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2011-03-09 13:45:09)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
just when you think he is out...
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5761|شمال

lowing wrote:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/honor-killing-islams-gruesome-gallery.html
lol loonie pam.

nothing in your post says anything about killing women who wants a divorce.

thats the point of your post, right :?

Last edited by Beduin (2011-03-09 14:18:44)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Because one guy who just happens to kill his wife over an impending divorce is a Muslim, that's your reasoning as to why people who are Muslim lead fucked up ways of life?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-he … r-12478370

What about this guy, huh? He's probably in some denomination of Christianity. Is Christianity one fucked up way of life too, even though there are plenty of violent verses in the Bible as well?

I'd love to see a poll made: Who leads a more fucked up life? The Muslim store owner who prays 5 times a day and wears a turban, or the middle aged man who lives far off into the mountains, secluded from society who also buys a shitload of guns to protect himself due to his paranoia?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6571
I think the US guy did it for money and not "honor"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

rawls2 wrote:

And where in the article does it say that the perp did it because his religion told him to?

It doesn't. He is a murderer who just happens to be Muslim. Nothing more.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6422|'Murka

lowing wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Man was unable to find a gun so he used the knife. Perfectly normal.
for Islam, yup
For Islam...right.

https://i.imgur.com/nJeFZ.jpg
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

you must acquit.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

burnzz wrote:

you must acquit.
https://iowabiz.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452ceb069e20120a70b2b80970b-320wi
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

dayarath wrote:

Right, it doesn't - and that applies to everyone all across the board. If you compare the values of a muslim born and raised in a western country, to a kid who's been unfortunate enough to have been born in Afghanistan - you got to admit that there's far more to it than simply the religion itself.

Heck, if you were to compare the two the only similarity would be that they pray multipile times a day in the same direction.
Weren't the 7/7 bombers British citizens? I think they were. So much for that notion.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/99problems.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/honor-killing-islams-gruesome-gallery.html
lol loonie pam.

nothing in your post says anything about killing women who wants a divorce.

thats the point of your post, right :?
yer kindin' right? that was in response that suggests Islamic culture has got nothing to do with honor killings.
FEOS
+1,182|6422|'Murka

lowing wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Weren't the 7/7 bombers British citizens? I think they were. So much for that notion.
One of the four was born in England. One was born in Jamaica. Two were born in Pakistan.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Because one guy who just happens to kill his wife over an impending divorce is a Muslim, that's your reasoning as to why people who are Muslim lead fucked up ways of life?

What about this guy, huh? He's probably in some denomination of Christianity. Is Christianity one fucked up way of life too, even though there are plenty of violent verses in the Bible as well?

I'd love to see a poll made: Who leads a more fucked up life? The Muslim store owner who prays 5 times a day and wears a turban, or the middle aged man who lives far off into the mountains, secluded from society who also buys a shitload of guns to protect himself due to his paranoia?
Our society does not condone this behavior.... Islamic culture does.hence the difference.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/aint%20one.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

what guy are you talkin about? Cuz you ain't describing me? lol
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Poseidon wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

And where in the article does it say that the perp did it because his religion told him to?

It doesn't. He is a murderer who just happens to be Muslim. Nothing more.
and happens to be accepted behavior in his Islamic culture..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

dayarath wrote:

One of the four was born in England. One was born in Jamaica. Two were born in Pakistan.
Citizens of England right? Far from that culture right? Well again, so much for the notion that it has everything to do with their surroundings and nothing to do with their beliefs.
FEOS
+1,182|6422|'Murka

lowing wrote:

FEOS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Citizens of England right? Far from that culture right? Well again, so much for the notion that it has everything to do with their surroundings and nothing to do with their beliefs.
The problem is you are confusing--in this case--culture and religion. G@lt pointed it out pretty clearly. While there are cultural aspects to Islam, the "honor killing" phenomenon is more isolated to a tribal culture in South Asia than it is tied to the religion of Islam. And it would be there, regardless of what religion those tribal members were practicing--because it is ingrained in their culture, and has been for centuries. Long before Islam even existed.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard