[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6683|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

tF-afrojap wrote:

[DEI]Bart wrote:

looks nice , keep up the good work
Oh it'll look "nice" when I throw in some lighting and textures.
lawl, that doesnt bother me coz I have all lightning features off.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6609|Olympus Mons, Mars

tF-afrojap wrote:

ExtremeSpy506: As I said in the first post, I want the map to encourage intense infantry battles. No room for planes here. I did read your suggestions, not going to allow tanks/jeeps to access the tunnels. That was the whole point for going through the process of making an underground area. Anyway, thanks for the effort. +1
Adding lights to the tunnels in definitely on my todo list, and believe me, its long! @_@
Well, if you want intense infantry battles, somehow you must make it like Stirke at Karkand. Maybe you can make it as intense as Strike at Karkand. I don't know how people like Strike At Karkand so much, so I can't really help you to make it intense, but I think you can make it like Strike at Karkand.
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6570
Just one Q, is this going to be BF, SF or EF?
Bf2s seems to have euro force servers so I was struck by the idea that the map could be for EF only and I don't owe the game and neither do I have any plans on buying it
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
It will be a BF vanilla map, chock full of custom goodies.
5.56HaleStorm
Gangsta Crizza
+10|6553|Sydney, Aus
I like the fact that it will be a map resembling something from CS (Maybe Assault?)

Last edited by 5.56HaleStorm (2006-05-07 03:06:22)

ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
I wish you could make Highway 101 available:(
How about making it like THIS?
Just asking

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-05-10 18:47:00)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Is it possible to rip the maps from CS and convert portions of them to BF2?
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
And If I were you I would choose
HERE
OR HERE
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6631|Just Outside Seattle
The statue of liberty would be awesome, but only if I could snipe from the crown
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6692|Oregon

Sarrk wrote:

no. the closest thing you could do is use the steam editor to extact the terrain and textures to a 3dmodeling program  (like 3dmax, cinema 4d, etc.) and then import them into BF2, which is hellishly complicated. it would end up being quicker to study the map and then try to recreate it from scratch in the bf2 editor. it would probably end up looking better too. and then you would have to make all the objects custom in maya or 3dmax. ill ask Catbox if hes up for it..what do you guys want? something like Dust or Dust2?
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy

Not Entirely Sane wrote:

The statue of liberty would be awesome, but only if I could snipe from the crown
Yeah, I'd say that that map would be in SF because I think the Statue of Liberty has an elevators, and elevators are only in SF.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6654|The Netherlands

Eckzack wrote:

Keep teh tank out...
Keep the tankS!
But make ladders to the tops off some roofs and little brigdes between some tops of the buildings. So tanks cant kill so easely
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
sorry if this is a dumb question, but will this be ranked when it's done?
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

genius_man16 wrote:

sorry if this is a dumb question, but will this be ranked when it's done?
Sorry, no
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

no. the closest thing you could do is use the steam editor to extact the terrain and textures to a 3dmodeling program  (like 3dmax, cinema 4d, etc.) and then import them into BF2, which is hellishly complicated. it would end up being quicker to study the map and then try to recreate it from scratch in the bf2 editor. it would probably end up looking better too. and then you would have to make all the objects custom in maya or 3dmax. ill ask Catbox if hes up for it..what do you guys want? something like Dust or Dust2?
Dust2 Sounds pretty sweet, but too small, if you could make a hybrid of Dust/Dust2 and go freesytle on other parts, it would sound like the new karkand! (which is good!)
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
There's a bunch of things going on in my life(I have a life!?) right now, including a job hunt. It short, certain things need to take priority. I give as much time as I can for this map, but development will be slow. Tis sad, and I want to see this map realized as much as you do, bare with me folks. You will be running around killing people in downtown SF sooner or later.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

tF-afrojap wrote:

There's a bunch of things going on in my life(I have a life!?) right now, including a job hunt. It short, certain things need to take priority. I give as much time as I can for this map, but development will be slow. Tis sad, and I want to see this map realized as much as you do, bare with me folks. You will be running around killing people in downtown SF sooner or later.
real gamers dont have jobs. you are banished into the real world!

/wizard magic spell
tF-Vireo
The Lady of the House
+2|6815|San Francisco

stryyker wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

/wizard magic spell
But real gamers need money! And um.. relationships?
wingman358
The Original
+11|6625

tF-Vireo wrote:

stryyker wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

/wizard magic spell
But real gamers need money! And um.. relationships?
HAHAHAHAHA. I sold my life to the devil for mad J10 skillz!
Hellmoto
+5|6668|Raufoss, Norway
Cool idea. I want in
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6564|Iceland
I love that idea, If u need testers before u release it ill be more than glad to help.
Jack Bauer
WWJD - What Would Jack Do
+26|6524
This map is going to rock!  Some really neat ideas so far..
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
Update!  Update!!!  The people demand to be informed!!!
spartakis
+2|6512
I'd love to be involved in any sort of test! This looks absolutely awesome! I have a feeling this would kill most systems trying to keep all this working, but would it be possible where you throw a C4 on a random wall, detonate it, and you get a hole to get into the building? I know you could make specific spots that will always work (like in BF2 with the passages sealed off with wood planks) but would it fry a system trying to keep everything like that? I figured it would but it would be awesome to like take a building down with C-4s or something. Maybe even just throw in a crane or two that are able to be toppled? Trying to bring up ideas that aren't in BF2 is all... I definately wanna play that level though; I cant get enough of city maps!
Gam Man
+5|6698
It reminds me of the Abandoned Tunnel in AmericasArmy.  Im sure you could import all of those models if you wanted to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard