Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

baggs wrote:

They'll make whatever they think will sell to the widest audience, they don't give a rats ass about what the dedicated BF2 player wants. We all know a massive chunk of the community were complete fucking retards who wanted easy kills and quick wins and then the 'new and improved' CoD franchise gave them exactly that and there is no way BF3 will be anything any of us wants it to be.

I might be wrong, i absolutely hope so. I'm buying BF3 whatever tho, i've already pre-ordered so i can have some fun with my mates again and i hope that it'll be for more than a month!
Don't you think if that were true, they'd pander to the console department more? Yes, it'll be on consoles... but they've stated on numerous occasions that the PC is the lead area of development. Of course they want more sales - hence putting it on 360 and PS3 too. They're a business. But if they were really all about money, they'd make it very console-ized. They aren't.

BC/BC2 were meant for consoles. This isn't, from everything we've seen.

Also SO much speculation on pre-alpha gameplay, it's ridiculous.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
It's funny seeing people complain about the lack of back-sights on the gun models, when they are likely place-holders at this point.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

It's funny seeing people complain about the lack of back-sights on the gun models, when they are likely place-holders at this point.
yeah I figured as much that they were placeholders, with the most generalized shape to showcase the animations, just seems odd that they would include them in a video like that... as that's a rather detailed placeholder.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas
I think the M4 had a reasonable amount of recoil/deviation. The thing that concerned me was that LMG - almost zero recoil when standing and firing. I couldn't see the deviation that clearly, but in a game that includes crouch+prone, LMGs should be pretty inaccurate while standing.

I'm still excited regardless. Pretty much everything seems to be a step up from BF:BC2, which is still entertaining enough to play a round here and then with some friends. Proper sized maps, proper handling vehicles, non-linear forced gameplay will be a welcome sight. New sounds and graphics are a bonus. PC focusing is the most important of them all IMO.

$.02
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

Bevo wrote:

I think the M4 had a reasonable amount of recoil/deviation. The thing that concerned me was that LMG - almost zero recoil when standing and firing. I couldn't see the deviation that clearly, but in a game that includes crouch+prone, LMGs should be pretty inaccurate while standing.

I'm still excited regardless. Pretty much everything seems to be a step up from BF:BC2, which is still entertaining enough to play a round here and then with some friends. Proper sized maps, proper handling vehicles, non-linear forced gameplay will be a welcome sight. New sounds and graphics are a bonus. PC focusing is the most important of them all IMO.

$.02
Have you ever shot a LMG? Shooting a SAW is not all that different from shooting an M16 if you hold it up to your shoulder. The primary difference is weight. That weight also happens to keep the muzzle down.

Neither weapon has all that much recoil assuming you aren't sitting there like a moron with the trigger depressed on full auto. Even if you did hold the trigger down on full auto, I guarantee the SAW is more accurate on full auto while shoulder fired than any assault rifle simply because that weight is keeping the muzzle down.

Simple physics, a 4kg weapon will have more recoil than a 10kg weapon.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-03-05 10:36:33)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

$.02
Have you ever shot a LMG? Shooting a SAW is not all that different from shooting an M16 if you hold it up to your shoulder. The primary difference is weight. That weight also happens to keep the muzzle down.

Neither weapon has all that much recoil assuming you aren't sitting there like a moron with the trigger depressed on full auto. Even if you did hold the trigger down on full auto, I guarantee the SAW is more accurate on full auto while shoulder fired than any assault rifle simply because that weight is keeping the muzzle down.

Less interested in real life, more interested in gameplay. At the very least it should apply when trying to walk around.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

all this cod-style accurate-when-shot-full-auto gun mechanic is fucking gay. I don't care a bit about "reality" but the way guns went inaccurate when fired full-auto in bf2 was really good.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
csmag
+92|6455|Canada
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/05/more- … -shakycam/

more footage

Last edited by csmag (2011-03-05 12:44:28)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

The recoil looks fine. Any more, and I guarantee people would moan about not being able to hit anything. It's greater than it was in BF2 anyway.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam

csmag wrote:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/05/more-battlefield-3-footage-captured-on-shakycam/

more footage
repost
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

csmag wrote:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/05/more-battlefield-3-footage-captured-on-shakycam/

more footage
repost
Yeah this was posted a day or so ago.
{ToKer}
+5|4918
i agree with Dun, every cant be so realistic, then it is just another COD or Medal of honour or Bfbc2
uP tHE eERIE mOUNtAiN
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
Hopefully it will be good, in a video a few pages back the man said; and im paraphrasing

"We are taking the best things from BF2 and improving to it, not taking the game and adding to it. Thats intergration, not evolution."

Sound promising.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5761|Roma
can't wait to try the beta
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

Hopefully it will be good, in a video a few pages back the man said; and im paraphrasing

"We are taking the best things from BF2 and improving to it, not taking the game and adding to it. Thats intergration, not evolution."

Sound promising.
They also said they'll be able to scale it down for consoles, even more promising.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

$.02

well you aren't going to be very accurate with a rifle standing up either... simple physics, your center of gravity is higher.

I'm fine with LMGs being almost as accurate as ARs standing up... but that level of accuracy they have standing up shouldn't be very high.

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-03-07 07:19:07)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5517|America
Then why wouldn't EVERYONE use lmgs if they are the same accuracy as AR's but with 100 round mags? Surely there will be some kind of reduction in speed since you're carrying that.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2011-03-07 07:51:04)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Exactly, if an LMG in real life has the same deviation as an assault rifle/smg (idk I've never shot a gun) it doesn't mean anything in terms of a game. Obviously they weight more which is why people who rush in carry lighter guns in real life, but in a game you haven't got to physically hold the gun it's common sense that the guns should be like BF2's in BF3- they are balanced nicely I think.

I think LMG people should move slower AND have more deviation
baggs
+732|6212
I hope they lose the insta prone bullshit for LMG's
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!
I know people have said it before , and I'm not well informed , but wasn't there supposed to be some kind of event now in march where they would reveal even more of bf3 , so does anyone know when ? just curious and eager to see more
Buckiller
+3|4813

thepilot91 wrote:

I know people have said it before , and I'm not well informed , but wasn't there supposed to be some kind of event now in march where they would reveal even more of bf3 , so does anyone know when ? just curious and eager to see more
like the 13 or 16 I think. Too lazy to look it up.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
They have stated that you can mount you weapon on nearly every surface in the environment. They must have that mechanic in there for a reason.
TravisC555
+118|6227|Cox Convention Center, OK

thepilot91 wrote:

March 16 is when they release another episode of "Fault Line" (Battlefield 3 gameplay series).
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5492|Bolingbrook, Illinois

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Exactly, if an LMG in real life has the same deviation as an assault rifle/smg (idk I've never shot a gun) it doesn't mean anything in terms of a game. Obviously they weight more which is why people who rush in carry lighter guns in real life, but in a game you haven't got to physically hold the gun it's common sense that the guns should be like BF2's in BF3- they are balanced nicely I think.

I think LMG people should move slower AND have more deviation
they could make it so that you have to deploy the lmg if you want to use it accurately
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England
Hey people, are you not understanding? So what if the weapon has a 100 or 200 round drum. It just has to reload less often. The class doesn't have anything that it can use to deal with tanks or buildings. That's the tradeoff.

You people whine too fucking much. It's almost as bad as going to EA's forums.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard