FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
Are you serious? The amount of times I get killed in infantry firefights with rockets is fucking crazy, nowadays. I swear it rarely happened in the early years.
Buckiller
+3|4800
I pre-ordered just now.

I will be really sad if this is more like MW or BF:BC than BF2. BF2, imo, is the best fps multiplayer game ever. Great balance (if the teams aren't too imbalanced) and variety. The only thing in the game that was perhaps not balanced was the Helicopters were hella powerful, just pray you are on a map with airplanes or some .50 cals and good teamwork. Infantry was greatly balanced.

For you guys complaining about IO maps being unbalanced, well I see where you are coming from (cause I see so many medics on the teams) but I always ran assault (sneakily, not rushing straight into the firefight)... I was deadly with the G3.

please, please, please let this be BF2 with better graphics, sound, physics, and maybe some tasteful additions. If there are killstreaks and crap like that I'm going to be disappointed.
Blue Herring
+13|4800
I'm not going to touch BF3 until I get an idea of what the game play will be like.  I haven't bought a newer game in ages (since new games retailed about 30 bucks) so I'm a little apprehensive about the 60 dollar price tag. The quality of game would have to be absolutely superb to get me to fork out that kind of cash, and as long as BF2 has a fair player base (as it does), I'll stick with it.

Plus, why pay extra for "classic" BF2 maps, guns, and vehicles? Why wouldn't I just play BF2 if I wanted a Karkand slug fest? Usually FPS give the old maps for free with their newer versions, not charge for them, because there seems to be little incentive to pay for something one already has access to.
Nihil
+15|5802|Malaga, Spain
BF2 is the only FPS I have ever played, so I have no idea what the others are like, but BF2 was a very special game and it would be a disaster for mankind if DICE decided to throw away what they had and just redundantly clone other games.

BF2 offered some gaming experiences that I haven't found anywhere else such as some really satisfying teamwork on occasion, and long term challenge and replay ability. I'm over 1000 hours and there are still a lot of things I'm bad at and a lot of rewards I will probably never get. I just got my Veteran Engineer yesterday on Gator - you know, the repair one. I had to sacrifice myself to the MEC gunships, but I picked up an award that had eluded me in over a thousand hours. Charging out into the salvos of HIND rockets armed with nothing but a wrench - it's pointless little things that this that make gaming fun.

Lately I've been trying to improve my chopper skills. I suck at it. How many other games do you know that you can play for years and still have so much to learn? Compare this to the shallow, trivial and disposable entertainment offered by run-of-the-mill games and you can see why BF2 is still played by so many people after such a long time.

I'm intrigued to see how destruction will change the dynamic of the game. There is no going back, things are going to be different that's for sure.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
rofl a disaster for mankind

you need some perspective
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

There is no going back
Xbone Stormsurgezz
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6337|Atlanta, Georgia

Uzique wrote:

What ever will we do?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
earthquake in haiti, genocide in darfur, flooding in pakistan, hurricanes in new orleans, civil war in libya...

bf3 being a failure

DISASTER FOR MANKIND
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

earthquake in haiti, genocide in darfur, flooding in pakistan, hurricanes in new orleans, civil war in libya...

bf3 being a failure

DISASTER FOR MANKIND
statz r lyfe
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Nihil
+15|5802|Malaga, Spain

Uzique wrote:

When a statement is so hyperbolic that it seems impossible that I could be entirely serious, then common sense suggests that I am not in fact being entirely serious.

Ah, the internets, where no matter what you say, you can be sure that somebody somewhere will take you seriously.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
no offense but you just came out of nowhere and published about 3 posts in a style that seemed as if you were writing a PhD thesis on battlefield 2 or something.
Nihil
+15|5802|Malaga, Spain
Yeah, I'm a verbose motherfucker.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
mesi sucks

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-03-03 10:26:54)

Buckiller
+3|4800

RIPATI;1036923216 wrote:

I think it's pretty hard to hate on BF3 at this point, but I gotta ask: is this a Battlefield game? Then why are all of the promo screens and trailers for single player shit? Why haven't we seen a single vehicle?

The game looks super impressive, but come on, this is Battlefield, not Call of Duty.
From HardForum. Totally agree.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6144|'straya
They can make a Singleplayer to please the console masses, but as long as they stay true to the multiplayer I will be happy.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6542
Fuck singleplayer.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
11 Bravo
Banned

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

They can make a Singleplayer to please the console masses, but as long as they stay true to the multiplayer I will be happy.
lol i dont care about sp.  never have.  pc or console.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6385
I don't think most console players care about single player.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I don't think most console players care about single player.
pc elitists generalising i guess
Chef
+2|6645
Played BF2 for long enough loved the SVD 10 rounds clip 10 head shots 10 kills + karkan

BF3 is looking to be very impressive. happy to have jets back

if BF3 is as good in game play BF2 but with the biggest graphics over hall with distruction included (liked that from bc2) it will be a good they have had long enough now. 

Yeh i will re-order bring back Karkan
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6788|Jupiter
I'm Sold.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6507|Gold Coast

Blue Herring wrote:

I haven't bought a newer game in ages (since new games retailed about 30 bucks) so I'm a little apprehensive about the 60 dollar price tag.
Live somewhere other than the US. Here, games retail at $110, even though our dollar is higher than the American one. I've seen it on the pre-order site for ~$80, not sure if its Australian or American though.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock

Blue Herring wrote:

I'm not going to touch BF3 until I get an idea of what the game play will be like.  I haven't bought a newer game in ages (since new games retailed about 30 bucks) so I'm a little apprehensive about the 60 dollar price tag. The quality of game would have to be absolutely superb to get me to fork out that kind of cash, and as long as BF2 has a fair player base (as it does), I'll stick with it.
You guys get games for 60 bucks? Fucking hell I'm moving over there. That's like 50% off
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6709|Purplicious Wisconsin

Adams_BJ wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

You guys get games for 60 bucks? Fucking hell I'm moving over there. That's like 50% off
I thought you already knew we have cheaper shit. Unless you're trolling.

Last edited by War Man (2011-03-06 17:14:55)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

we haz good snow, too!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard