+2,054|6776|Little Bentcock
No dragging in MP?
Roc18
`
+655|5944|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Adams_BJ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

negative sir. even though im a medic whore I can still tell that there is a big problem if people use the medic class AS the assault class.
The assault class has more health and gets a grenade launcher, I think that balances the two classes especially with the amount of medics running around to heal you anyways.

Found this Gamerspawn video on BF3 check it out, they break everything down very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox_9jwcf … ture=feedu
yeah, so why choose the medic over the assault then?
what about medic vs everything other than assault?
Well I would be able to heal myself and revive people, each class has its ups and downs. Just my opinion.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself

Roc18 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

The assault class has more health and gets a grenade launcher, I think that balances the two classes especially with the amount of medics running around to heal you anyways.

Found this Gamerspawn video on BF3 check it out, they break everything down very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox_9jwcf … ture=feedu
yeah, so why choose the medic over the assault then?
what about medic vs everything other than assault?
Well I would be able to heal myself and revive people, each class has its ups and downs. Just my opinion.
and kill motherfuckers like an assault.

Theres a reason you will usually find a medic ontop of an IO leaderboard. And it isnt the heal and revive points.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

The Medics in BF2 are fine.
negative sir. even though im a medic whore I can still tell that there is a big problem if people use the medic class AS the assault class.
You shouldn't nerf a rifle just because of the class it's carried by class. If they wanted to do something to the medic, they could have given it an SMG at any point in the patching process. In SF, they gave the assault guy another tool that was pretty useful. In a rifle-to-rifle fight, a medic stands as much chance against an assault as an assault does against the medic, unless the assault guy's a good aim with a grenade launcher...in which case he gets one or two kills against you and the other medic next to you.

Alternatively, you can one-shot any amount of medics with the pump-action shotgun as an engineer.

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

clans are fucking gay.  ruin these games imo.  well then ruin public servers at least.  if you are so leet just stay on your nerd servers ty.
Clans are fine. What's gay are the gay little rules they apply to their servers which weren't intended by the devs.
i dont agree.  the biggest bunch of assholes i have ever met in online fps are clan fags.
Rotten luck on your part.
Buckiller
+3|4958

thepilot91 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I hope the badge/award system in bf3 doesn't require you to sit in tank or a jet for 400 hours to get an expert badge.
thats exactly how it should be , It shows you like to play that peticular vehicle so much /getting good at it / keeps you playing , that you actually earn it  (my bf2 trough 5 years : I HATE tank = 50 hours~ or so ) rather than the bf2142 where you needed 50 hours of playing FOR THE EXPERT ! fkin redicoulus, and the fact that you could basically "powerlevel" up to the highest rank by doing so , same shit in BC2 .

I think you should really have to work the highest award for "some peticular thing" so you actually DO earn it when you accomplish it .

Adams_BJ wrote:

Why so you can speed up the ranking process? The ranking process also used to be something to brag about, how many generals did you see in BF2 compared to top tier players you see in other games? BC2, BF2142 and COD nearly all have top ranked players in nearly every game. BF2 its hard to find many after SGT Major. If you entered a game and were high ranking, people actually followed you, tried to join your squad, tried to learn from you because 9/10 you could actually play.

Now days its just a case of getting 3 killstreak awards in a game and ranking up. You get to the top level within a month of casual play. Ranks mean nothing.
THIS. I loved going into BF2 and everyone being lowly ranked. Only a few people were even officers. Keep it real DICE!

Ilocano wrote:

Assault should be the only class who gets points for capping.
?!? Capping is equivalent to securing a position. You can secure a position with any class. Give anyone the point.

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, lots of people did not play AT or engineer(except vehicle whores). That's why we're having this conversation in the first place. This started (and still is afaik) as a conversation about overpowered medics in BF2.

Adams_BJ wrote:

They were only overpowered in I/O with weapons that were pretty good (AK, 3rd unlock). Assault had better weapons than Medic (G3 was so underrated it wasn't funny, quite accurate at medium and almost long range with AMAZING knockdown power) .. just in I/O medics could heal/rev which made them essential. If anything needs to be done... give them whatever the spec-ops started with, still good guns but not as "assault." ALSO, plenty of people played AT or Engi when the situation called for it. Yeah you don't run around as AT, but if your team ids a vehicle approaching a location or your SL tells you, you can switch to AT and make short work of a vehicle.

Also, some people saying sniper was overpowered? Are you kidding me? Maybe for I/O... but snipers couldn't do crap against vehicles (except spot them... which was awesome in BF2, spotting enemies and them showing up on radar) and if the other team knew where the sniper was, odds were good that they could outmaneuver the sniper.

Last edited by Buckiller (2011-03-03 00:07:30)

Nihil
+15|5959|Malaga, Spain
The thing about everybody being medic (in IO especially) is that it makes the game a little more FUN (pauses for dramatic effect)...now, I'm no medic whore (I play assault the most these days on IO) but I would rather play on a team with a bunch of medics running around, even though I won't be one myself. The reason for this is simple - on a public server populated with random strangers, the closest you are going to get to teamwork is having as many medics on your team as possible and hoping to get revived once in a while. If both teams have a lot of medics (which they usually do) everybody gets a kill ratio above one and everybody can feel good about themselves at the end of the round.

This, is what we call "fun".

In other words, unbalancing the medic class has the net result of making the game more fun to play for everybody. Yes, there are other irksome side effects, but on the whole it's worth it. I know that most of the time I will be playing alongside inexperienced and mostly useless teammates, but I also know that thanks to the overpoweredness of medics, most of those useless teammates will at least play a class that enables them to help me from time to time with a revive. That's good to know.

Too bad some of them will compound their worthlessness by playing sniper, but that's another discussion (about claymores).

In any case, as an assualt player, I know that I am advantaged in all 1v1 encounters with medics, for the simple reason that I wear body armour and can survive one more bullet than they can. Then I just pillage the corpse for some free medical assistance, thank you very much.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
this guy is killing me
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6774|London, England
Medics is why IO in BF2 sucks. Everyone is a Medic. The class is too easy. Nobody actually dies because everyone is a Medic and revives each other. There's no vehicles to break up the monotomy. The Assault class is rendered useless because the Medic has the same gun (and better unlocks) yet has the ability to heal itself/others and revive to more points/saving tickets. Oh, and it has grenades instead of a nerfified GL.

BF2 had so much broken shit. BC2 was much more balanced. Like marine said, give the motherfuckers a pistol or something which isn't as good at killing as the Assault class is (like in BC2, the LMG wasn't that good)

Too many medic whores in BF2. Class is for people who want in easy ride, I don't see where the reward comes from that.

I heard somewhere that there's only four classes, if it's like how it was in BC2. I'll be content with that. There's no point talking about realism and how dumb it is for a Medic to have an LMG. And then act like using a defrib to revive people is all awesome and part of the game, and a great way to rack up "points"
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Some more screens, showing off AA settings and such:

http://www.fpstime.com/2011/03/battlefi … nstration/
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6664|Gold Coast
The one thing I hope they get rid of from BC2 is that fucking bloom. Christ all fucking Mighty. I cant count how many times bullets have been coming from a wall of light. And also from looking outside from inside a building. Cant see shit. That really pisses me off.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I turned off bloom in the settings, had to notepad edit the config files
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I blame the Xbox 360 for bloom, until that came out it wasn't as ridiculous as it is today. It's mainly Western developers looking for that generic "next-gen" graphics style that go for it. I remember Uncharted sort of mocked that graphical style, they had a render setting unlock called "next-gen" which gave everything massive bloom and an orange-ish tint. I don't know why so many in the industry think that's a good graphical style for games. It's lazy and awful.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6423
Yeah there was a config you could set so everything was dull and flat instead of bright and blinding.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5390|Cleveland, Ohio

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Rotten luck on your part.
its not just me
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6152|Vortex Ring State
I think bloom was disabled by default on my comp since it was so shit... lol
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6495|Atlanta, Georgia
I have hopes in this game. I'll definitely buy a server for the bf2s crew to use.
Trotskygrad
бля

Adams_BJ wrote:

No dragging in MP?
where you hear that?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6890|Oxferd Ohire

Adams_BJ wrote:

Theres a reason you will usually find a medic ontop of an IO leaderboard. And it isnt the heal and revive points.
there were plenty on top because of reviving when i played karkand
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
tuckergustav
+1,590|6067|...

I wonder if this is what the debate sounds like in the planning room. lol.
Trotskygrad
бля

tuckergustav wrote:

I wonder if this is what the debate sounds like in the planning room. lol.
nah BC1 is included in the conversation in thar too
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6820

War Man wrote:

If the medic player is smart he will quickly find a place to take cover in and self heal then get back to the fight.
Pfft.  Medics never needed cover.   Jump, drop, dive, back at full health.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6718|Area 51

Ilocano wrote:

War Man wrote:

If the medic player is smart he will quickly find a place to take cover in and self heal then get back to the fight.
Jump, drop, dive, get shock paddles, shock paddle enemy.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6820

RDMC wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

War Man wrote:

Jump, drop, dive, get shock paddles, shock paddle enemy.
Good times.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself

Trotskygrad wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

No dragging in MP?
where you hear that?

in there when the character is dragging, the narrator said that EA/DICE has confirmed dragging will not be included in the MP version.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York
ahmahgad

new forum yo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard