Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6650
Yesterday I got the weirdest wrong number call, and it was just after 7:30 in the morning yesterday. I get off work and go to my favorite resturant for buiscits n gravy with 3 eggs over easy ontop. I get this call from this chick that is trying to sell me a magazine subscription. I say no thanks she says she will throw in some kind of cheezy vacation bullshit. I still say not thanks, and ask how she got my number, and she kept evading the answer and started hitting on me. She said I sounded good looking and that we should go out sometime.

First off, she sounded anything BUT hot. Her voice was a little deep for me, I could either picture some 450lb chick sitting in a nasty trailer with bags of popcorn and potato chips everywhere, along with god knows what else. Or simply shes apart of an operation like this:

Remember that Discover Card commercial? Peggy, from USA Prime Credit.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla … 6355241001

It all sounded scary to me so I hung up. No busted fat chicks for me thx.

Whats your story?

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2011-03-01 06:52:15)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
TravisC555
+118|6217|Cox Convention Center, OK
Just the odd person calling my number thinking they have called Home Depot... since the last two numbers of both phone numbers are right next to each other on a phone's keypad...
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

When I got my first cell phone, I kept getting calls from some guy that was convinced that we had dated and that I was lying when I told him my name was NOT Monique...I stopped answering and he would leave long VMs talking about some really crazy things.  They provided for great entertainment for my friends and I.  He stopped calling after about two weeks.  I think back then they may have recycled numbers a bit...maybe.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
I don't get wrong number calls as such, but I do get a lot of people accidentally calling me - I'm the first person in lots of peoples' phone books.

4 minute long voicemails from the inside of pockets are common.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
i get about 3 a week because my name starts 'Aa' so i'm always top on people's phonebooks... more so than 'Ad'am up above, there.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
I've had my number for 4 years and still get occasional calls for the person who had it before me (she apparently worked in a school and may have been a nun). I'm just amazed that I still get them after so much time.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
Got a shit load in the US. Stupid recycled numbers.
Someone was absolutely convinced we were cousins, even after I told her I was living in PHX and not LA, and that I was English.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6119|Punta Gorda,Florida
i get the city of cape coral callin me sayin i owe x amount of $$ for back water bills, if i dont make a payment today they will come out and shut off my water.     i tell them id like to see you come shut my water off!     seeing as i live in punta gorda some 45 miles away in a different county than cape coral and i have a well.     

i get this call every 3-4 months ive even explained to them you have the wrong person,and i dont live there either.   but they still call.   
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5959|Places 'n such
British gas phone occasionally and then get angry at anyone who answers when we tell them we don't have gas. Couple of months back they were phoning every day, they finally got the message though. Now it's only once every couple of months. Stupid twats.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State
I tried to call a friend, hit a wrong number... I got someone who sounded like they were 12 yet was supposedly working for a real-estate office
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

I got a new carrier and number about awhile back. For about a year I kept getting phone calls and text messages from the previous owners bank, school, church, friends, and family.

I sometimes caused trouble with the text messages. Like when his Coptic church kept sending event texts I told them I had converted, they were upset. I also set up a trip with his friends down the shore.

He should have had his records with his bank and school changed at least, if I wanted to be a real cock I could have wrecked havoc with those.
13rin
+977|6477
My phone company allows me to block up to ten numbers.  I had been getting calls from the same number (old guy asking for someone that didn't lives at my home) in up wards of 4 times a day.  I blocked that number.  Also I blocked dell (if yer' late 1 fucking second, the calls start). 

I change the number of my wifee's cellular phone.  Apparently some ass hat picked a random phone ## (which happened to be hers) and proceeded to rack up enough unpaid debt to warrant collection agencies to call and harass.  At first she'd politely explain that the individual they're looking for has nothing to do with her.  The calls continued.  I had the good folk at ATT change her number.  They did it for free and the calls have since stopped.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

I am pretty sure that if you tell them that you are not the person they are looking for and they continue to call, then they are doing at least two things wrong.  1...it is harassment and 2...they shouldn't be sharing financial and legal information with anyone other than the person they are looking for. 

I also am pretty sure that the law says that if you tell them they are calling a cell phone and that you want them to stop the phone calls, then they have to comply and continue communications via mail.  Actually, I think you can tell them that whether it is a cell or not.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Once I had this guy call up my mobile number. He seemed reluctant to speak at first, then said 'put Shirley back on'. I said 'lolwut, there is no Shirley here'. He then went on about how he hit redial and that somehow I had the phone of someone he knew, to which I replied 'I am at home by myself'. He then apologised and hung up.

He called back pretty much immediately, after having hit redial instead of typing in the other phone number again. derp.

A few years ago this residential number use to get a few calls asking if it was Goldsteins bakery. My guess is that either everyones fingers are too fat and they hit the wrong keys or someone put the wrong phone number down somewhere.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
Some guy phoned me up and was adamant I sold weed, coke and heroin.

Yay Scotland.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6570

lol scotland
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

My dad recieved an indian telemarketer - and he was like RAJ - IS THAT YOU RAJ! MY COUSIN HOW ARE YOU!?

The indian is like ... Uhh, my name is Keith!

Dad goes on like - DO YOU KNOW MY COUSIN RAJ!?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Some senile old bat kept phoning our number -
"Your son John is not here. You have the wrong number. 
"No. YOU have the wrong phone"

And so it went on, for about two weeks.

Also some feral kept leaving messages on my mobile
"Oi ya c*nt, answer the fucking phone"
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

Dilbert_X wrote:

"Oi ya c*nt, answer the fucking phone"
That's a standard greeting/saying in Scotland.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard