FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
2 infinity edges seems like a waste to me tbh...

better off with another bloodthirster or something
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

2 infinity edges seems like a waste to me tbh...

better off with another bloodthirster or something
yah 2 Infinity edges is like getting two hats. Ridiculous, but sort of a waste of 1000 gold you spent on the unique passive. As tryndamere you usually have 100 percent crit when you need it from your passive anyways, and the lifesteal will keep you alive way longer when yous tack it with your heal. Last whispher or black cleaver are both great alternatives, or a bit of survivability.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
Is it me, or are the servers longer down than usual?
iceman785
+93|6665|Alaska, mother fucker.
IFx2 gives the second highest possible damage, the exception being a 20 stack sword of the occult or two bloodthirsters, assuming you haven't died and the bonus hasn't been reset.  I see where you're coming from, but I don't like losing 80 damage when I die because of the bloodthirsters, and snowballing just sucks.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

IFx2 gives the second highest possible damage, the exception being a 20 stack sword of the occult or two bloodthirsters, assuming you haven't died and the bonus hasn't been reset.  I see where you're coming from, but I don't like losing 80 damage when I die because of the bloodthirsters, and snowballing just sucks.
Yeh but as H4hagen pointed out, you really don't need any +crit items on trynda since his passive gives you 100% when you are using your ulti anyway...
You'll probably already have that upgraded avarice blade that gives +crit and a phantom dancer that also gives +crit... you don't need more...

And as for the -20 offset in damage if you die, it's very much justified by the lifesteal that also helps you counter your worst enemy (the thornmail)

EDIT: Speaking of Thornmail...
Does anyone else think it needs a buff? It hardly seems to do any good, not even on a tank...

I think it would benefit from having an active like in DOTA where it would give 100% damage return or something for a short time...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-16 19:37:39)

iceman785
thornmail is only effective if you have over 2k hp. other wise you're just food.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

thornmail is only effective if you have over 2k hp. other wise you're just food.
Ehm... by the time you buy thornmail... you should have 2k hp without any hp items... no char is that squishy
Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
just downloaded LoL, did a couple of bot games

gimme tips
­
­
­
­
­
­
iceman785

FloppY_ wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Ehm... by the time you buy thornmail... you should have 2k hp without any hp items... no char is that squishy
A lot of chars are that squishy, at 18 with ashe and no hp items/runes you have like 1750 hp.
iceman785

Stimey wrote:

gimme tips
when in the laning phase, hit creeps when they're 1 hit from dying. this provides maximum amount of gold income, and keeps the creeps in the middle of the lane (assuming the other people aren't playing bad).

Stick to recommended items for the early stages of your LoL career, until you play enough of a character to start exploring builds or whenever you feel comfortable enough with someone to do so.

Don't ever over extend. Basically this means going to far from a tower when one or more of the enemy team members is MIA. Makes you an easy target for a gank.

I'm sure theres more but I'm at work and can't think of anything else atm.
Stimey
­
yea I intuited most of that stuff so far

played first game as Hemeirdinger, got 8 kills, 1 death and the most creep kills lol
­
­
­
­
­
­
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York
You guys do bring up a good point about the IE. Thats actually why I liked the old Black Cleaver is because I didnt want two IEs but hate farming the blood thirsters. I still get two blood thirsters on EZ over the course of a typical game because hes so easy to farm with, but I wish the bonus was a bit harder to get (say 80 minion kills to full instead of 40) but then it worked like Warmogs and you wouldn't lose it. I think otherwise it just encourages passive play, and yet that lifesteal is invaluable to a hard carry.
@ Stimey if your US add me GenHenry in game and we can grab a couple of games and I can give you some tips. Watch the tutorials on youtube and such but in general its pretty straight forward, unlike DOTA or HON
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam

Stimey wrote:

gimme tips
Watch the champion spotlights of potential champs you wanna play with, it actually has some good advice for items, runes, talents etc. when you start playing. Focus on 1 or 2 champs that you like playing with when you start instead of playing with 30 different champions.
And of course: Watch how other (preferably good) players play when you're in a game.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York
Oh also mobafire (google it) has very good guides for champions in terms of advice, items, and skilling that I would definitely check out
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
Any gents here interested in playing some LoL with me? Add Kampframmer if you like. i havent played vlad in a while and i feel like trying him out since the nerf
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
They said that they had changed the IP system and that you would now receive more (especially for longer games). I just played played a game and received 256 (inc 1st win of the day) and thats the same i always got.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-02-17 08:24:19)

FloppY_
­

h4hagen wrote:

You guys do bring up a good point about the IE. Thats actually why I liked the old Black Cleaver is because I didnt want two IEs but hate farming the blood thirsters. I still get two blood thirsters on EZ over the course of a typical game because hes so easy to farm with, but I wish the bonus was a bit harder to get (say 80 minion kills to full instead of 40) but then it worked like Warmogs and you wouldn't lose it. I think otherwise it just encourages passive play, and yet that lifesteal is invaluable to a hard carry.
@ Stimey if your US add me GenHenry in game and we can grab a couple of games and I can give you some tips. Watch the tutorials on youtube and such but in general its pretty straight forward, unlike DOTA or HON
I miss the old Black Cleaver T_T
Stimey
­

Kampframmer wrote:

They said that they had changed the IP system and that you would now receive more (especially for longer games). I just played played a game and received 256 (inc 1st win of the day) and thats the same i always got.
Its supposed to be the same for a ~30 minute game, but if you play longer games it will scale proportionally
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Its supposed to be the same for a ~30 minute game, but if you play longer games it will scale proportionally
The patch tweaking this (and altering Ryze) is not even out yet.. it was delayed two days to tonight...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam

FloppY_ wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

The patch tweaking this (and altering Ryze) is not even out yet.. it was delayed two days to tonight...
Ah okey, thats probably wy the queue at a busy server status didnt work either
FloppY_
­
Just bought the last 1350IP hero.. now I got all 1350IP and below...

How do you guys spend your IP?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-23 09:06:36)

h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

Just bought the last 1350IP hero.. now I got all 1350IP and below...

How do you guys spend your IP?
I have 3 full rune pages that I can switch between people, they're all pretty universal.
Besides that, Champions. Always. I'm a sucker for champions.
iceman785
i spend all mine on runes, if i want i hero i buy it with rp.  currently almost finished with my all hp/lvl rune page.  comes out to like 500 something hp at lvl 18.
FloppY_
­

iceman785 wrote:

i spend all mine on runes, if i want i hero i buy it with rp.  currently almost finished with my all hp/lvl rune page.  comes out to like 500 something hp at lvl 18.
Using RP for anything but Skins seems like a waste to me

Not to mention RP is fucking expensive
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
RP isnt that expensive. Ive bought maybe 1 champion with it and 3 skins. I spend all my IP on runes so there's nothing left for champions

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard