Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Lucien wrote:

So, what your real problem with the game was and still is that you were simply bad at it. No shame in that. We can't all be good at everything we try. But to blame the game itself for it when millions of other people had no real issues with it is rather silly, no?
I forgot who it was that added this to the discussion.
It was a continuation of a conversation we had a year ago in the BC2 forum. You were whining and saying how much the game sucked a week after launch and proceeded to troll and complain in every single thread in the BC2 forum. You wanted Karkand. You didn't get it. You cried like a little bitch for months afterwards. Why would I give your opinions any respect now?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
None of those guns are nearly as accurate as any weapon in BC2
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lucien wrote:

So, what your real problem with the game was and still is that you were simply bad at it. No shame in that. We can't all be good at everything we try. But to blame the game itself for it when millions of other people had no real issues with it is rather silly, no?
I forgot who it was that added this to the discussion.
It was a continuation of a conversation we had a year ago in the BC2 forum. You were whining and saying how much the game sucked a week after launch and proceeded to troll and complain in every single thread in the BC2 forum. You wanted Karkand. You didn't get it. You cried like a little bitch for months afterwards. Why would I give your opinions any respect now?
oh that's right you're not wrong I was just crying like a little bitch

stay classy galt
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Lucien wrote:

None of those guns are nearly as accurate as any weapon in BC2
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jmsprovan
+18|5811|Alba
the amount of people passing judgement on a game that won't be out for 6-7 months based on 10 secs of gameplay footage and a single magazine article is just sad.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
no jmsprovan, we're talking about older games. Did you notice how johngalt is terrible at them but still has a supposedly well-informed opinion? he's a silly goose
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I'm hoping they're going to remove the BC2 style spotting from Battlefield 3. It's so stupid. When asked about it they said they weren't sure.

If they're going to have any sort of spotting it should be like BF2 at the very most. An icon on the minimap.

Edit:

John Galt the guns in BC2 all require nothing but iron sights aiming and holding fire until somebody is dead. In BF2 you have to use each gun in a different way due to all the varying deviation etc.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-02-23 12:02:19)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
no yoda it's totally fine you just don't know what you're talking about because you're bad
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

You were more accurate holding down Mouse 1 on any LMG in BC2 than tap shooting any LMG in BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm hoping they're going to remove the BC2 style spotting from Battlefield 3. It's so stupid. When asked about it they said they weren't sure.

If they're going to have any sort of spotting it should be like BF2 at the very most. An icon on the minimap.
I can agree with this. Spotting wasn't really a game changer at all (for good or ill) so it doesn't really matter either way
-Frederick Bastiat
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6708

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

bf3 is going to be 95% - bc2 / 1% - bf2 / 4% - 2142

have fun brah
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6784|Anaheim, CA

Truth Bomb
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Are you guys kidding?  Before the nerf, the PKM was known as the unlimited ammo sniper rifle.  My accuracy skyrocketed because of that.

The BF2 SVD was far more effective than the BC2 SVD.  On BF2, I could hold an entire enemy squad from advancing with just the SVD.  Good luck doing that on BC2.

BTW, on the context that you were on a reasonable ping server.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Ilocano wrote:

Are you guys kidding?  Before the nerf, the PKM was known as the unlimited ammo sniper rifle.  My accuracy skyrocketed because of that.

The BF2 SVD was far more effective than the BC2 SVD.  On BF2, I could hold an entire enemy squad from advancing with just the SVD.  Good luck doing that on BC2.

M60 was like the PKM but better.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Miggle wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

M60 was like the PKM but better.
Yeah, the M60, back when it had more punch.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6353|West NY
The gametrailers teaser video....so much jizz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Here's what I do think was better about BF2:

64 player maps and map size in general
The number of maps that featured vehicles
The commander and destroyable assets
Weapons to the extent that BC2 had I think too much variety but too little differentiation.
Prone
More varied map styles

I never said the game sucked. I enjoyed the hundreds of hours I spent playing it. I just recognize that there was a lot of room for improvement and BC2 did a lot to build on it.

Frankly, I think most of you would /slitwrists if BF3 wasn't a carbon copy of BF2 with updated graphics, Karkand nade fests and all.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

Ilocano wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

You can't possibly say that BF2 guns were harder to use than BC2 guns.
L O L

BF2 guns ARE hard to control. There are so many different situations requiring so many different approaches, whereas in BC2 there are really only two or three factors to consider while shooting, or if you happen to be looking down an ironsight it's literally just point and click.
Are you serious?  G36E.  AK74.  Tap shooting the RPK and PKM.  SVD.  And as noted by John above, dive proning to get near 100% accuracy (pre removal of tactic that is.).

On BC2, try shooting when everything is blowing up around you.  Running and gunning.  Unzoomed firing at range.
why would you do any of those things, unless you're a fucking dumbass?

playing the game like a total moron doesn't instill it with a sense of 'difficulty'.

lol unzoomed firing at range as some form of argument of bc2's 'skill curve'.

more like a screening process for the sheer retards
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Lucien wrote:

L O L

BF2 guns ARE hard to control. There are so many different situations requiring so many different approaches, whereas in BC2 there are really only two or three factors to consider while shooting, or if you happen to be looking down an ironsight it's literally just point and click.
Are you serious?  G36E.  AK74.  Tap shooting the RPK and PKM.  SVD.  And as noted by John above, dive proning to get near 100% accuracy (pre removal of tactic that is.).

On BC2, try shooting when everything is blowing up around you.  Running and gunning.  Unzoomed firing at range.

playing the game like a total moron doesn't instill it with a sense of 'difficulty'.

Shut up uzique BC2 is a harder game for quadriplegics than BF2 is for regular people hence it is better.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Uzique wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Lucien wrote:

L O L

try shooting when everything is blowing up around you.
- scoped, trying to kill a guy arming/disarming an MCOM.  No such shake on BF2.

Running and gunning.
- because I want to kill that guy running around the corner.  The BF2 AK74 was excellent for this purpose.

Unzoomed firing at range
- because you could do it on BF2.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
nice karma message there galt
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
ilocano go and load up BF2 right now. Then move at all and try shooting. You will miss completely.

Now try holding down M1 while standing still. You will miss completely.

Just give the guns a quick spin and you'll remember how unbelievably inaccurate every gun in BF2 is without perfect control
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6641|can

JohnG@lt wrote:

Weapons to the extent that BC2 had I think too much variety but too little differentiation.
Prone
More varied map styles

I never said the game sucked. I enjoyed the hundreds of hours I spent playing it. I just recognize that there was a lot of room for improvement and BC2 did a lot to build on it.

Frankly, I think most of you would /slitwrists if BF3 wasn't a carbon copy of BF2 with updated graphics, Karkand nade fests and all.
How about a game that takes the good things from BF2 and improves upon it instead of yet another console-oriented bland FPS that shamelessly tries to copy CoD ? Making it a true sequel by fixing BF2's many issues and adding new elements that you would expect in the 2011 version of BattleField. That's not exactly too much to ask for.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Lucien wrote:

ilocano go and load up BF2 right now. Then move at all and try shooting. You will miss completely.

Now try holding down M1 while standing still. You will miss completely.

Just give the guns a quick spin and you'll remember how unbelievably inaccurate every gun in BF2 is without perfect control
Yes, I still remember the circle deviation.  And on that regard, I retract my unzoomed observations.

Edit:  got me thinking about the medics scoped rifle (L-something).  Deadly at times, with headshot after headshot.  And then, can't hit for shit.

Ok, ok, I retract everything because of that stupid circle deviation issue.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Prone
More varied map styles

How about a game that takes the good things from BF2 and improves upon it instead of yet another console-oriented bland FPS that shamelessly tries to copy CoD ? Making it a true sequel by fixing BF2's many issues and adding new elements that you would expect in the 2011 version of BattleField. That's not exactly too much to ask for.
Except the reality is that PC gaming is only one small piece of the puzzle. If you make games dedicated to just the PC you lose out on the millions of people and billions of dollars that you would earn if you created a game compatible with all three systems. The age of dedicated PC gaming is dead.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard