unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

*crickets*
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

DonFck wrote:

Investors see it as the apocalypse, it seems.

http://i51.tinypic.com/rhl3ie.gif

I think Nokia can come with something good, but they're in a hell of a hurry to make something. Which means.. ..bugs.
If they are only making the hardware (or at least nothing important software-wise) then hopefully there wont be many.

mcminty wrote:

For those in the know, does WP7 suffer any of the Android OS fragmentation issues?
When MS releases an update, every WP7 phone can/is updated, they are trying very hard to avoid fragmentation. It is much closer to iOS than Android as a platform. Although MS has been blaming an un-named carrier for the time it has taken for the first update to the OS so it could all just be empty promises.

I came from an iPhone and am loving WP7 and dont want to go back. Apps I used on iOS I have easily found replacements for on WP7 (I dont use a huge range or obscure ones though).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Heh. Tabloids over here had a field day making all sorts of catastrophy headlines after Elop started messing around with Nokia last week. One newspaper made a completely black ad with a few Nokia phones put as a cross. Below was a cry from some employee that said something like "We've been betrayed!". Some expert said that this is the end of Nokia. And now Elop is trying to explain how he's not a Trojan horse or anything like that, but a man who is trying to pull the company up to fight for the title again. Ya, right. Dude as a former Microsoft employee owns a shitload of Microsoft stocks and it just so happens he makes a huge deal with his former employee.. "I'm not the bad guy here". Nono, just firing several thousand people for starters in Finland. El oh el..

Anyhoo I'm not paying a dime for a new Nokia phone as long as he's in charge. As a bonus that butthole was spotted with a rival team jersey in the Winter Classic hockey game a couple week ago.

Oh, and the Nokia stock has gone down aboot 25%. Gg mr. Canada.
Yeah, it's totally his fault that Nokia became completely irrelevant over the past ten years... There was a time when everyone seemed to own a Nokia but they kept cranking out the same Model T year after year while the rest of the field evolved their models up to Ferrari levels.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

Last time Nokias were good was the green and black screens. Shits were pro, you could make your own fucking ringtones omg.

3310/3315 ftw.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6460

3510i was the best. It was practically indestructible.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
which was the one that was like the first nokia everyone had, but HAD A COLOUR SCREEN?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
might be the 3510i actually. my first phone
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6460

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/22266/nokia-3510.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
thats it <3
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
i still have it somewhere actually, use it for going to themeparks and such
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
all about the 3210 / 3310

AND THE MOTHERFUCKING COLOURED/DECORATED FASCIAS

Last edited by Uzique (2011-02-19 08:36:06)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6465|6 6 4 oh, I forget

6510 was kickass. Tho the antenna got some damage constantly
Ultrafunkula

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Heh. Tabloids over here had a field day making all sorts of catastrophy headlines after Elop started messing around with Nokia last week. One newspaper made a completely black ad with a few Nokia phones put as a cross. Below was a cry from some employee that said something like "We've been betrayed!". Some expert said that this is the end of Nokia. And now Elop is trying to explain how he's not a Trojan horse or anything like that, but a man who is trying to pull the company up to fight for the title again. Ya, right. Dude as a former Microsoft employee owns a shitload of Microsoft stocks and it just so happens he makes a huge deal with his former employee.. "I'm not the bad guy here". Nono, just firing several thousand people for starters in Finland. El oh el..

Anyhoo I'm not paying a dime for a new Nokia phone as long as he's in charge. As a bonus that butthole was spotted with a rival team jersey in the Winter Classic hockey game a couple week ago.

Yeah, it's totally his fault that Nokia became completely irrelevant over the past ten years... There was a time when everyone seemed to own a Nokia but they kept cranking out the same Model T year after year while the rest of the field evolved their models up to Ferrari levels.
Umm... The stock started to downhill after he stepped in and informed about Microsoft and about firing a shitload of ppl in Finland. But your spot on about the evolving part. The operating system is clear and easy but now completely dull compared to rivals. It's not exciting and it doesn't have anything new to offer. But really I hope for the companys and employees sake that the Windows 7 phone will be a good operating system so that it will boost the sales and they continue bringing monies to Finland.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Ultrafunkula wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Umm... The stock started to downhill after he stepped in and informed about Microsoft and about firing a shitload of ppl in Finland. But your spot on about the evolving part. The operating system is clear and easy but now completely dull compared to rivals. It's not exciting and it doesn't have anything new to offer. But really I hope for the companys and employees sake that the Windows 7 phone will be a good operating system so that it will boost the sales and they continue bringing monies to Finland.
It's kind of ironic that the birthplace of linux is using Windows for its phones operating systems
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's kind of ironic that the birthplace of linux is using Windows for its phones operating systems
Tell me about it
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma

Cheez wrote:

Last time Nokias were good was the green and black screens. Shits were pro, you could make your own fucking ringtones omg.

3310/3315 ftw.
and fucking SNAKE!!!!!
I probably played that game more than any other game i have on steam. More than mw2 for sure.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
If only WP7 had flash player 10.2 so I can watch videos on the internet...
FloppY_
­

GR34 wrote:

Whenever mozilla gets around to finishing their mobile browser, I bet you there is flash support
GR34

FloppY_ wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Whenever mozilla gets around to finishing their mobile browser, I bet you there is flash support
I thought they weren't making one for WP7
FloppY_
­

GR34 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Well Firefox mobile has been in the works since before Android, so I doubt they'd give up the platform they started out developing it for
GR34

FloppY_ wrote:

GR34 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Well Firefox mobile has been in the works since before Android, so I doubt they'd give up the platform they started out developing it for
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/micr … refox/7785

THey stoped development
FloppY_
­

GR34 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GR34 wrote:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/micr … refox/7785

THey stoped development
aw

oh well... not like I needed it anyway
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

GR34 wrote:

I ..think that is coming in the first update but I cant remember.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Broodbeleg
+34|5844|The Netherlands
I thought late 2011. But it will come.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard