ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Just found this on Reddit and thought a few of you might appreciate this. It's a fantastic idea that allows you to sample hundreds of different bottles, without having to spend hundreds on a full bottle. Only issue with it is that it's all too easy to spend the cost of a very, very good bottle of Scotch on samples. I'm currently up to 80 quid but trying to cut it down... It's based in the UK, but they will ship to the US.

Masters of Malt.com - Drinks by the Dram
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5187|Sydney
Bet they don't ship to Australia

edit: They do

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-16 13:10:21)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5710|College Park, MD
Will the delivery guy card me?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6580

pretty sure this is the one i've used before, pretty cool
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5710|College Park, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Will the delivery guy card me?
apparently direct delivery of alcohol isn't allowed in Maryland or DC, so disregard
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England
Pretty cool. Almost as expensive as getting a shot at a bar though
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
For some reason I feel like buying a ridiculously expensive sample because its so cheap when you compare it to the whole bottle.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6554
£32.95 for a sample of a £612.95 bottle is a pretty good deal if you are really into it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
I wish they had more reviews. Then again, I've never been much of a connoisseur of scotch, but I've always fancied myself later in life to become one.

I'm 30 this year so maybe now is the time to start...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Yeah, but I'm not gonna pay that much for just 3ml because I'm not one of those connoisseur that can identify the taste to the last atom
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

I wish they had more reviews. Then again, I've never been much of a connoisseur of scotch, but I've always fancied myself later in life to become one.

I almost never drink and when i do i dont drink more than 1 glass. With beer thats one boring drink, but with scotch, 1 drink is so much more.
E: i havent been drinking it for that long. Year maybe. but its pretty good

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-02-16 13:26:50)

Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
I like to drink
I've cut back a lot though from last year, which had cut back a lot from previous years (for the most part anyway).

I always find scotch to have a bit too much bite to be enjoyable straight, but I've heard time and time again that the better the scotch the smoother it is. Just when I'm at a bar it seems a bit of a waste to spend $30 on one shot of Johnny Walker Blue Label when I can buy a round for that much.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Jaekus wrote:

I'm just going to buy based on distilleries that I've previously had their younger whiskies, ones from distilleries that I've heard of and then a couple of randoms that sound good. Go from there and see what I like. They've got way too much choice to go off reviews anyway haha
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

I like to drink
I've cut back a lot though from last year, which had cut back a lot from previous years (for the most part anyway).

I always find scotch to have a bit too much bite to be enjoyable straight, but I've heard time and time again that the better the scotch the smoother it is. Just when I'm at a bar it seems a bit of a waste to spend $30 on one shot of Johnny Walker Blue Label when I can buy a round for that much.
A good beer is much cheaper and more enjoyable. Lasts longer too
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
true, I wouldnt order it in a bar, way too expensive for just a little drop
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
Yeah true. Make sure you post up some reviews of your own on here.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I won two bottles of scotch at a benefit a few months ago. A Macallan 12 and a Glenmorangie 12. Aside from forcing my friends to take shots I haven't touched them. I hate scotch
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I like to drink

A good beer is much cheaper and more enjoyable. Lasts longer too
Exactly. Bit more social too, unless you're buying a round of shots (don't have the income to do that for premium scotch though!). I generally only drink premium beers when out anyways. If I'm gonna spend 3-4x the bottle shop price, I may as well drink the good stuff
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
I had a 5 sample pack with 50ml's but cant really make a top 5 because its been a while since if drank em. After that i drank a 20cl JW green label which tasted great
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
i hate shots. Only tried it once or twice, and i fucking hate it.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland

JohnG@lt wrote:

I won two bottles of scotch at a benefit a few months ago. A Macallan 12 and a Glenmorangie 12. Aside from forcing my friends to take shots I haven't touched them. I hate scotch
I like five minutes away from the Glenmorangie distillery.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

JohnG@lt wrote:

Shots?! Philistine!
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
I've shotted some truly awful alcohol when I was 17. Used to sell this stuff at the bottle shop down the road from this party house me and my mates all hung out at (and lived in). It was called Old Mule. 345ml bottle for $8. There were five varieties: scotch, vodka, gin, rum and bourbon. They were "essences" of those alcohols.

There was a warning on the bottle that had in big red letters "NOT TO BE TAKEN ALONE". We made a joke out of it cause we'd always go halves in a bottle, so we were never alone, lol. Worst stuff I've EVER tasted. About 1 degree away from metho I reckon.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kampframmer wrote:

i hate shots. Only tried it once or twice, and i fucking hate it.
I enjoy shots of tequila if the goal is to get hammered.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

White-Fusion wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I like five minutes away from the Glenmorangie distillery.
Did you piss in their water supply about 12 years ago?
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard