Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR
Going for it all. The guts, the glory. I doubt I will, but I have until BF3 comes out to do this.

PLATINUM EVERY WEAPON - Knife, Noob tube, Air vehicles, Armour, AN-94, XM8, PKM, Type-88, MG36, M1911 are all done. It's a start, but still nothing in the grand scheme.

I don't play every night, I only went on yesterday for the first time in a few days, but I am regular.

There's no way I'm going through the stats to find if anyone has done this, but I dare say someone might have. So how close are you? Also link to any fortunates to have done this feat.

Personally, I preferred the BF2 style rewards, but meh.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6257|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

fortunates
Stats do not require luck

They require time
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
i have plat helo B)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Plat CG before it was patched to hell, Plat M60 before it was patched, plat armor.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

i have plat helo B)
Isn't that like, the easiest one to get?
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR

FloppY_ wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

fortunates

They require time
...and someone would be fortunate to get that time considering I don't with work etc. Those who have it are fortunate to have one, however they got it, don't matter. I don't, so I'm unfortunate as I have the skill to do it, just damn timings.
FloppY_
­

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

fortunates

They require time
...and someone would be fortunate to get that time considering I don't with work etc. Those who have it are fortunate to have one, however they got it, don't matter. I don't, so I'm unfortunate as I have the skill to do it, just damn timings.
I'm sorry.. but if anyone has taken the time to get all plat. they have issues...
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR

FloppY_ wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

They require time
I'm sorry.. but if anyone has taken the time to get all plat. they have issues...
Dude it's only kills. A Medic / Assault platinum, would come within 25 rounds on average per weapon. That's easy enough. It's the Anti-tank / C4 / and even grenade/pistols that are the problem.

I think shotguns and sniper will be damn hard too as they're not natural to me, engineer SMGs will be difficult also as distance isn't as easy as medic / assault.

Of course it takes time, which is why I said until BF3 (Nov earliest imo). But i don't see them taking on a COD if one (Infinity ward) is release around the same time again.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
srspost; i'm close (2 stars) away from plat AUG, SCAR, M24, CG so yeah i think it's definitly do-able. Will i get them all before BF3 comes out and thus (hopefully) renders this game entirely pointless - naaah
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR
I will defo work on getting all medic platinum as it's my most played kit, but I adapt to the maps themselves, so always a chance to play any kit. I used to alway play assault, but now I think there's no point to it as the medic guns are awesome and you can revive / heal which is better than resupplying.

I wonder if BF3 will bring back 7 classes?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
medic will be the last set of guns i ever plat. i literally cannot stand using LMGs, or not being able to deal with vehicles
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
Engineer ftmfw... It's the do-it-all class of BC2

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Dude it's only kills. A Medic / Assault platinum, would come within 25 rounds on average per weapon. That's easy enough. It's the Anti-tank / C4 / and even grenade/pistols that are the problem.

I think shotguns and sniper will be damn hard too as they're not natural to me, engineer SMGs will be difficult also as distance isn't as easy as medic / assault.

Of course it takes time, which is why I said until BF3 (Nov earliest imo). But i don't see them taking on a COD if one (Infinity ward) is release around the same time again.
Infinity Ward & Activision could release a DVD-box filled with feces and people would still buy it as long as it was labeled "call of duty"...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-07 11:58:50)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
Carl Gustav

bitches
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Already seen one dude who had around 800h and think he had almost every single platinum, even most of them on Vietnam too.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR
I have 170h. Do you have a link to him?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
That guy genius_man did it.  He was pretty active in the screenshot thread for a while, too.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Genius_man/
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR
He's still missing the 40mm shotgun, anti-tank mines, Light Vehicle and boats, but otherwise a clean sweep. FUCKING HELL - yeah, what an attempt. Fair play to the guy. That's dedication and tbf a good battlefielder. All-rounded.

I still don't get how the skill level works though?!!? My friend is 170 and he's not done half of that, and he's 167 with all that work.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Slowly workin on it. I've got the AEK, M16, M249, PKM, Knife and 40mm so far.

Last edited by ebug9 (2011-02-09 16:27:04)

FloppY_
­
Landmines are a bitch to plat. on

Good thing there are so many idiots rushing tanks & jeeps without looking where they are going
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6661|England, GBR
MG36 should be done on my next attempt on the battlefield. Good riddance. Only saving grace on that thing is the 200 clip.

I find I've started a new technique. On certain maps I play a certain class. Oasis is now an assault map for me, unless we're getting ripped to shreds and it demands a new approach. I really don't know where to snipe though. lol. I fucking hate sniping, but it'll have to be done at some point. I hate HEAVY METAL, never want to play that again and have no need to now, so I'm thinking maybe be one of the twats on Cold war RUSH who snipeys.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
MG36 is quite accurate if you burst fire it.  Plus, the built in red dot sight allows you to select a different specialization.

Heavy Metal should be played in either a vehicle or as a lone sniper counter-sniping and picking off anyone foolish enough to not be in armor.  Every time I try to play that map as infantry I get my ass handed to me.

Since you're going for kills, I'd recommend finding some high ticket conquest servers, as you generally be able to rack up a ton of kills just going from flag to flag.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
Wait you don't like the MG36??

In my opinion that gun is by far the best lmg in the game bar none and most of the people I played with held the same opinion.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
I've got plat on a few things. Can't remember them all though.
FloppY_
­

Rod Foxx wrote:

Wait you don't like the MG36??

In my opinion that gun is by far the best lmg in the game bar none and most of the people I played with held the same opinion.
I'm sure he meant the MG3
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Only LMG worth using is the M60.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard