Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Aries_37 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

If you average enough faces the result is going to be attractive. Humans go for average, symmetrical faces.
A symmetrical face is not average. Never has been. That's why when we refer to "beauty" we're usually referring to how symmetrical their face is.

Averaging out all faces though will give you a symmetrical face, which is why these averages are actually going to be above an actual average face.

It has nothing to do with humans going for average.
I was making a very general statement and while research can be confounding at times what i said is probably accurate. I'm not saying symmetry = average. I'm saying that symmetry and averageness are two independent factors for attractiveness. Humans go for statistically average features irrespective of symmetry.
You're using the word "average" in the wrong context. Humans go for faces that don't have any massively identifiable features - eg specific nose, lips etc - but that isn't an average face. You're confusing the word average for "not incredible features", whereas in this context "average" means the larger percentage of the population.

Your statement is right for features, but remember that we're not talking about average features here, we're talking about a mass number of women put into one "averaged" face.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Greek is the hottest one there.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London

Zimmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

A symmetrical face is not average. Never has been. That's why when we refer to "beauty" we're usually referring to how symmetrical their face is.

Averaging out all faces though will give you a symmetrical face, which is why these averages are actually going to be above an actual average face.

It has nothing to do with humans going for average.
I was making a very general statement and while research can be confounding at times what i said is probably accurate. I'm not saying symmetry = average. I'm saying that symmetry and averageness are two independent factors for attractiveness. Humans go for statistically average features irrespective of symmetry.
You're using the word "average" in the wrong context. Humans go for faces that don't have any massively identifiable features - eg specific nose, lips etc - but that isn't an average face. You're confusing the word average for "not incredible features", whereas in this context "average" means the larger percentage of the population.

Your statement is right for features, but remember that we're not talking about average features here, we're talking about a mass number of women put into one "averaged" face.
I'm confused as to what you mean here. When I say 'statistically average' I mean a mathematical average; ie studies have actually mapped out people's faces with hundreds of points, added them up with lots of other mapped faces and drew an 'averaged face' which is composed of the average of all those points (I believe that's what has happened in the picture I posted also). Then the closer a face's mapped points are to the averaged face's points the more attractive it will be. I'm not talking about a 'larger part of the population'- in terms of probability no one will have that exact average face.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Nobody's got love for the Polaks? I swear, I would ride that Pole so hard....ohshi---

But yeah, she's pretty good.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
I'd like to see a similar collage of average vaginas around the world.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

CC-Marley wrote:

I'd like to see a similar collage of average vaginas around the world.
That'd be pretty awesome.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
peruvian imo
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
African American and Central African

Btw, the Samoan one looks like a UNITIИU picture to me.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-02-06 15:25:12)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
I'd hit all of them.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I'd hit all of them.
Even Samoa? You're a brave man
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
It's averaged. Not average. Like a composite. Which is why they all look rather hot. The main thing this highlights is subtle (if any) racial differences between various groups and shit like that.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
Uzbek, Hungarian, French, Peruvian, Polish
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Kampframmer wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I'd hit all of them.
Even Samoa? You're a brave man
I have low standards.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
they forgot scotland.

https://geektyrant.com/storage/post-images/uglyoz2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278911519059
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
_raab
+28|6204|Western Aust.
German, Swedish

jizz.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Thai, Polish, Peruvian
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

Ive seen some pretty hot samoan chicks around here, that being said; French, Greek, Israeli, Italian, South African, Spain and its no surprise to me all of these have sexy accents
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
They all look pretty good to me but if I had to narrow it down:

The Swede comes first
Then the Israeli
Finally the Welsh

The final stage would be who makes a better sammwich
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Lol @ Averaging faces
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
poland poland poland poland poland

Spoiler (highlight to read):
unbiased opinion of course
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

HaiBai wrote:

you sure you won't pick your neighbors
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

TIL the average woman is hotter than I'd have expected.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6692|Ireland | Monaghan

1.Greek
2.Welsh
3.English
4.Irish

I wish I could meet any girl that had a face like any of them. Marriage material.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

HaiBai wrote:

I'm sure they'd surrender to you without much of a fight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard