Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6662
Since ive been playing battlefield, the servers and the populations definatly are not like they used to be. That translates to kills and points pickings being slim. So I started to click through my leader board, looking at the profiles of whom I used to game with.(8 people) I seen all of whom dont play anymore. So I dug deeper, is it really as bad as people really say it is?

So the thaught crosses my mind, could I stalk the worst enemies of my home boys if i get bored? I go through each one of their worst enemies, I noticed none of those people play anymore. You figure each person has an average of 2 or 3, thats quite a few people to browse. Well, I noticed that none of those people play anymore. The last login dates are mostly within the years of 08 and 09. Some are earlier, some are more recent.

I came to the conclusion that points pickings stopped being tits and gravy in that 08 09 timeframe. Ive noticed it on even the full servers. Its a different type of gamer. You dont get easy roadkills with a tank anymore. Say your coming down off the hill at suberb on karkand. Your running full bore and a full humvee of 4 guys runs right underneath you as the nose of your tank touches down on the ramp. Instant points. That sucks.

Out of all this leads me to another question. What came out in 08 and 09 that led people away from Battlefield 2? Also what do you think it would take for someone to want to come back?
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

The game is coming up on 6 years old. It's had its lifespan. It's not coming back in a huge way.

Cry a river. Build a bridge. Get over it.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6637|UK

mtb0minime wrote:

The game is coming up on 6 years old.
Has it really been that long?!
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6641|New Hampshire, USA
Lets put it this way.

In 2005 when BF2 was released, most games were being released on the PS2, game cube, and xbox

Call of Duty 2 was released (we're on 8 now I think)

The original god of war was just released

Crappy ass star wars ep III games were wtill being made

The fact that the original BF2 and its expansion is still being played today, albeit with a dwindling user base, is actually quite impressive.  The game had an excellent lifespan, but its time that its going to be laid to rest.  Especially when BF3 comes out
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6662

mtb0minime wrote:

The game is coming up on 6 years old. It's had its lifespan. It's not coming back in a huge way.

You know not everybody has an attention span of a two year old when it comes to games. I still play UT99 after all this time. When I like a game I dont stop playing it.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6296|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

You know not everybody has an attention span of a two year old when it comes to games. I still play UT99 after all this time. When I like a game I dont stop playing it.
Fuck yeah Unreal Tournament
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I still play BF2, too. But you can't expect a huge revival of this game. Not by a long shot.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6662
it sure would be nice. i miss it.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria
IMO, BF2 has reached the point where it will be only played by a more or less constant amount of dedicated fans.
It'll stay that way until EA decides to shut down the ranking service, at which point the player count will drop dramatically.

After that, only a small amount of hardcore gamers will continue playing and the game will be viewed as a "must-have-played-one" classic forever.
That is, until future Windows systems or driver incompatibilities will give it its final blow. It'll require the tiny fragment of really, really addicted players to produce 3rd party apps to keep it going then.

That, or "Battlefield Mobile for Android 5 and iPhone37".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard