lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Kmar wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I don't pretend to know what I don't.  Maybe you're researching all of the merits of Islam.. I sure as hell am not.
To have to look back 1000 fuckin years to find an ounce of positive in this religion is telling.

lowing wrote:

treating others fair, or as equals and not oppressing them really should not be headline news. Although with Islam, may be it should.
Maybe that is why it is so hard to find?

i'm just saying that maybe we don't always hear about things like Charity Week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4bZVrc- … r_embedded
http://www.onecharityweek.com/cms/
"Over the last five years University Islamic Socities have raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for Orphans worldwide, and this money has been spent on building schools for orphans in Kenya, orphanages in Somalia and Palestine, Eid gifts for hundreds of orphans, sponsorship of 1,000’sorphans of across the world including Gaza & Kashmir, sponsorship of orphans across the world, amongst numerous other projects that make a positive difference."......Doesn't quite sound like "all over the world" to me

How touching an Islamic charity effort that caters to only Muslims. Now that is charity. One week out of a year Muslims will give to, not all needy children, but just Muslim needy children? Is this really the best Islam has to offer? Hell, these are not even Muslims from an Islamic nation but from a western nation.

This is like a charity in the states that caters to only white people.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Well, Christians pretty well only cater to Christians, and Jews only ever send money to Israel.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

An ounce eh?

I take 'freedom' for what is done in its name, and all of what 'democracy' instigates in this world - maybe you should look at that.
you cant win an argument by deflecting to another issue. Islam is what it is, if you disagree with that, argue a point pertaining to that.

If you think "freedom" and "democracy" is a terrible stain on world civilization, by all means start a thread and lets discuss it.

You are batting a thousand dilbert, to argue, you employ weapons of deceit by misquoting, taking issues out of context, and now deflecting the issue to another. Any chance you will stand your ground with a argument that does not need deception to make a point?
The problem is, you're taking the actions of a tiny minority, who claim to be acting for Islam but aren't, and staining all muslims. How ever many positive aspects of Islam are shown to you you ignore them, the same as you ignore negative aspects of other religions.
You're a single issue nut who has already made up his mind to the exclusion of all other information.

As for "freedom", if thats the freedom to buy up and burn up the worlds resources in a few decades so a select few can live in opulence while the majority toil in poverty chasing the illusion of "freedom" then I don't buy it.

For "democracy" if the Hitlers, Bushes and Blairs can maneuvre their way into starting wars on my behalf in the name of "democracy" then I don't buy it either. One man's "democracy" is another's oppression.

So anyway lowing, do you give away 2.5% of your surplus wealth to charity, as muslims do, or 5% like the sharia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakat
Already challenged you to show me where I have stained "all Muslims" you couldn't. So I am asking you again to restrict your arguments to what I do say.

Not sure what you mean by how many positive aspects of Islam are shown to me. You mean shit that happened 1000 years ago is your argument for a positive aspect of Islam today? Oh.

as I said, if you wanna argue that freedom and democracy has destroyed modern civilization then start a thread and I will join it. Do not attempt to redirect the current discussion by starting in on a non related issue.

I used to give to St. Judes Children Research hospital. (Ya know where they treat ALL kids, and not just white Christian kids). Then times got tough so I had to stop. But now that you mention it, I am in a position to start up again.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, Christians pretty well only cater to Christians, and Jews only ever send money to Israel.
ummm no, Christians do not only cater to Christians. Sorry, try again
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I imagine as a student organization their reach is very limited. That was merely an example of an "ounce" of good. Orphans in Kenya and Somlia are possibly some of the most people in need of help. Why would anyone have a problem with that? Anyways, surely you have heard charity begins at home?

They are also active in London, Scotland, Wales, Ireland.. "The real story, however, is not about the money but the Unity that is created at all levels - whether muslim or non-Muslim, organising or volunteering, donating or being donated to"

The Charity Week team is made up of brothers and sisters from across the world. Some of them have connections to the above organisations and others do not. Despite their varying backgrounds, they share a common purpose i.e. to continue to make this project successful and true to the aim of unity.
Does the money raised only go to Muslims?
No. We believe that it is impossible to differentiate between children or orphans based on any factor.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Do not attempt to redirect the current discussion by starting in on a non related issue.
OK, so long as you stop bringing up muslims in any and every discussion.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

An ounce eh?

I take 'freedom' for what is done in its name, and all of what 'democracy' instigates in this world - maybe you should look at that.
you cant win an argument by deflecting to another issue. Islam is what it is, if you disagree with that, argue a point pertaining to that.

If you think "freedom" and "democracy" is a terrible stain on world civilization, by all means start a thread and lets discuss it.

You are batting a thousand dilbert, to argue, you employ weapons of deceit by misquoting, taking issues out of context, and now deflecting the issue to another. Any chance you will stand your ground with a argument that does not need deception to make a point?
The problem is, you're taking the actions of a tiny minority, who claim to be acting for Islam but aren't, and staining all muslims. . . .
One of the big issues most Americans have is we never hear from the 'Majority' condemning the 'minority'. In fact we have seen huge crowds of Muslim Americans Celebrating in the streets during attacks on the U.S. Correct me if I am wrong.

PS.  The only time I have ever heard a muslim reject violence was a Muslim speaker on " OMG FOX. "

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-03 05:32:14)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Do not attempt to redirect the current discussion by starting in on a non related issue.
OK, so long as you stop bringing up muslims in any and every discussion.
I don't. It is you and Aussie and others that want to drag my attitude about Islam into every discussion. by, surprise surprise, claiming I am talking about "ALL MUSLIMS."
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

Kmar wrote:

"ounce" of good
lol
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5752|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, Christians pretty well only cater to Christians, .
Not true at all.

Dilbert_X wrote:

and Jews only ever send money to Israel.
I don't think so. Not from the Jews I have met. Could you be some what bigoted and stereo typical in your views ? I never before accused anyone here of racism or prejudice here. this is a first for me so I tread lightly.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

The only time I have ever heard a muslim reject violence was a Muslim speaker on " OMG FOX. "
Bigoted and 'stereo typical' much?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-06 04:40:34)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

The only time I have ever heard a muslim reject violence was a Muslim speaker on " OMG FOX. "
I swear to god, trying to debate you with all of your maneuvering, purposeful misquoting, purposeful context butchering, your bullshit reversals and redirections and deflections is worse than arguing with a psycho bitch.

Why don't you try taking a fuckin stand for once and argue against the points made instead of all of your bullshit footwork?

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-06 08:50:11)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because 'zomg muslums r evil religionofpeace.org dude' isn't much of a point?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because 'zomg muslums r evil religionofpeace.org dude' isn't much of a point?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
annnnnnnnddddd there is the proof..

You refuse to acknowledge that I never said anything like that, even after you could not prove I did when challenged. Try arguing against what has been said about Islam and the facts posted on sites dedicated to exposing it for what is done in its name. Argue against the information........for once.

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-06 14:05:42)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

You refuse to acknowledge that I never said anything like that, even after you could not prove I did when challenged.
Yes you have, see here it is - in your next sentence.

lowing wrote:

Try arguing against what has been said about Islam and the facts posted on sites dedicated to exposing it for what is done in its name. Argue against the information........for once.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

You refuse to acknowledge that I never said anything like that, even after you could not prove I did when challenged.
Yes you have, see here it is - in your next sentence.

lowing wrote:

Try arguing against what has been said about Islam and the facts posted on sites dedicated to exposing it for what is done in its name. Argue against the information........for once.
More proof, you indeed argue like a bitch.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Someone else deconstruct lowing's arguments for him, I'm too fat and too lazy.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such
*tags in*
Let me guess? Islam or Liberals?
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Someone else deconstruct lowing's arguments for him, I'm too fat and too lazy.
Nope, it is you "quoting" me....back up your bullshit
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such
So lowing, what are your views on Islam? That seems to be most of the problems in any threads I see, people say you're saying Muslims are bad and you're saying you're not...

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-02-06 15:40:29)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

presidentsheep wrote:

*tags in*
Let me guess? Islam or Liberals?
well take your pick, those are 2 major problems in this world today.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Sorry it is a fact. That is the only time I ever heard a " muslim reject violence " and OMG FOX found her and gave her air time.

How would is this a reflection on me or for that matter cast anyone in a Bigoted light ?, except maybe the other networks who didn't give moderate muslims air time.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-06 15:50:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

presidentsheep wrote:

So lowing, what are your views on Islam? That seems to be most of the problems in any threads I see, people say you're saying Muslims are bad and you're saying you're not...
I judge the RELIGION Islam based on the culture it promotes, the oppression it instigates and the violence done on its behalf.

I judge Muslims as individuals for their actions, just like I do everyone else.

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-06 15:49:01)

presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such
I'll agree with 1/2 out of two of them. Religion is a problem, Islam's just a part of that problem.
What's so bad about Liberals? I can see barely any difference between any major political parties in any western society. Liberals/Conservatives just seem labels to differentiate between parties with barely any difference in policy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard