Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

ebug9 wrote:

I'll wager my left testicle that it'll be over-hyped almost as much as Black Ops.
except the time span between BF2 and BF3 is gonna be 6 years
the time span between Black Ops and MW2 was 1

Still, I'm very worried that DICE is gonna appease the lame-ass console players. And this is coming from someone who'd need to buy a new PC to fully enjoy BF3 in all its hopeful glory.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
I hope it good.

I hope it is simple like BF2 was, but with the added advantage of the new technology.

All these new games have too much customisation in them. I really hope BF3 doesn'.t The class sysem in BF2 was perfect. Lots of content, nothing shiny - perfect.

I just can't help but feel that its gonna be released with make your own badges, customisable weapons, customisable classes. What was so wrong with classes just having 3 guns to choose from? If anything is going to customisable I hopt it stops and customisable characters. Everything else is just frills that add to the HDD space and adds no content.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

but PC is getting 'special attention'
Yeah.. Dedicated servers & mouse+keyboard support
better have fuckin 64+ player server support as well.

Also I want MORE CLASSES
CLASSES THAT ARE CONFINED TO THEIR OWN NICHE AND NOTHING MORE. Getting sorta tired of Rambo-do-it-all classes

nuff said.

I don't want every noob running around with a RPG, MINES and a SMG that is actually accurate.

Also I want Mr. Grenadier to have to rely on his teammate to replenish him ammo.

Also I want Mr. Sniper to have his pistol, a knife, binoculars, and his rifle. Maybe a grenade. That's it.

Lastly I want vehicles to be actually good. Like BF2 good where if you were not specops or AT and you saw a tank, you fuckin ran or took cover, not just figured "oh well it'll go boom any second now"

Customization is all good and well, but it should be a lower priority than good gameplay and class balancing. Sure give all classes 5 unlockable weapons, but just make sure that you have MORE than 6 classes.

Faction-specific weapons would be nice as well, but one can only dream

/rant

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-02-03 18:33:34)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

but PC is getting 'special attention'
Yeah.. Dedicated servers & mouse+keyboard support
better have fuckin 64+ player server support as well.

Also I want MORE CLASSES
CLASSES THAT ARE CONFINED TO THEIR OWN NICHE AND NOTHING MORE. Getting sorta tired of Rambo-do-it-all classes

nuff said.

I don't want every noob running around with a RPG, MINES and a SMG that is actually accurate.

Also I want Mr. Grenadier to have to rely on his teammate to replenish him ammo.

Also I want Mr. Sniper to have his pistol, a knife, binoculars, and his rifle. Maybe a grenade. That's it.

Lastly I want vehicles to be actually good. Like BF2 good where if you were not specops or AT and you saw a tank, you fuckin ran or took cover, not just figured "oh well it'll go boom any second now"

Customization is all good and well, but it should be a lower priority than good gameplay and class balancing. Sure give all classes 5 unlockable weapons, but just make sure that you have MORE than 6 classes.

Faction-specific weapons would be nice as well, but one can only dream

/rant
Holla
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Basically put BF2 on a new engine, make some kick-ass maps, update the weapons and vehicles a bit, fix the balance issues.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Basically put BF2 on a new engine, make some kick-ass maps, update the weapons and vehicles a bit, fix the balance issues.
We all know its going to be the exact opposite.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not

DICE delivers the first teaser trailer, and we reveal a few must-read details about EA's next big shooter.

Here it is – a buzz clip featuring some blurry images of urban warfare, the promise of a fall release date, and a Trent Reznor-style treatment of the classic Battlefield theme song.
Most of the hard information is being kept under wraps for the cover story, but here's some declassified intel for you: Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone. What other features do you hope to see in Battlefield 3?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch … easer.aspx
Fucking A.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya
Yesss. Heres hoping they don't cock this up.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
The details are a great sign, but that has to be one of the most useless teaser trailers I've ever seen. Looked kinda cool though.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/99046- … ed_edition

Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:
• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-02-04 03:12:27)

Zukabazuka
+23|6677
And god hope we have more than 4 AA turrets on the map and they should be damn useful this time.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6639

Rohirm wrote:

Several standout features [...] the ability to go prone.
standout feature - go prone. lulz

anyway, I really do hope they don't fuck it up. As many stated: bf2 with new engine, less bugs and some balance would be awesome. Let's just hope they don't implement this auto-heal shit and give us our old com-system back.... ah the good old days...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Rohirm wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gG1P9d … r_embedded

DICE delivers the first teaser trailer, and we reveal a few must-read details about EA's next big shooter.

Here it is – a buzz clip featuring some blurry images of urban warfare, the promise of a fall release date, and a Trent Reznor-style treatment of the classic Battlefield theme song.
Most of the hard information is being kept under wraps for the cover story, but here's some declassified intel for you: Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone. What other features do you hope to see in Battlefield 3?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch … easer.aspx
Fucking A.
https://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3893/ohlookitsfuckingnothing.jpg
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

Zukabazuka wrote:

And god hope we have more than 4 AA turrets on the map and they should be damn useful this time.
wrooooong attitude. So some guy has to practice 100+ hours to be able to fly well and you get to beat him by looking in his general direction and firing when it goes beep? AA should take skill to use, or else you're going to make anything that flies utterly useless.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Eboreus wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

Several standout features [...] the ability to go prone.
standout feature - go prone. lulz

anyway, I really do hope they don't fuck it up. As many stated: bf2 with new engine, less bugs and some balance would be awesome. Let's just hope they don't implement this auto-heal shit and give us our old com-system back.... ah the good old days...
autoheal shit?

"drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain."

seems like they're taking the simluation route?

dragging was in ArmA II and it was damn scary dragging someone under fire.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6639
this auto-health-replenish-over-time-crap. they had that during the beta and it pissed me off! you get someone down to just a bit and all he needs to do is dug in a hole and wait a few secs. that was annoying they did implement that in retail, right?

dragging would be a nice addition tho!
GullyFoyle
+25|5379
New Battlefield Blog post:  Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

* BY: H Brun
    * POSTED : Feb 04, 2011, 12:00AM

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Trailer YouTube Link

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2011-02-04 06:22:54)

GullyFoyle
+25|5379
New Battlefield Blog post:  Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

Freaking site is ramdomly truncating the posts.  Follow the link for details, if you can.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2011-02-04 06:25:14)

Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
I hope the wounded soldier have some kind of hitbox.
If so, I'll drag him around as my personal body armor.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Wiki wrote:

Battlefield 3 will feature both singleplayer and multiplayer in a variety of locations around the world, including Paris, Tehran and New York. The maps will be set in different locations such as urban streets, metropolitan downtown areas, and wide-open spaces for vehicle combat.
Ohhh.
Zukabazuka
+23|6677

Lucien wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

wrooooong attitude. So some guy has to practice 100+ hours to be able to fly well and you get to beat him by looking in his general direction and firing when it goes beep? AA should take skill to use, or else you're going to make anything that flies utterly useless.
100h? Think you got the hang of the plane after 25h, how hard was it to bomb a flag with those nukes they have? Why more AA? Because in BF2 you had close to ZERO defense against Jets unless you decided to go dogfighting yourself. But then it seems that those with joystick would dominate anyone.

Once the dude know how to fly he is a god among the players, rarely shot down and only enemy is another jet but it felt like they did some kind of pact where neither would attack each other and they would just bomb each other team. A good chopper pilot still had to lookout for jeeps and ground turrets that could damage them. A good back attack could take them out easy. But doing that on a jet not gonna happen. Any map with jets became a flight simulator for those pilots.

If the AA wasn't stationary it wouldn't be such a big problem or if we had some AA launcher it would have been better. But the moment you had lock on the jet they just dropped flares and use afterburner up to the sky and is outside the range of AA turrets. After that they gun you down before you can even get a lock. That AA vehicle sure it could bring it down but since you pretty much exposed and weak against any type of AT guy you never live long enough.
CC-Marley
+407|6820
We all do know that this game will most likely disappoint us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
The video is an absolute nothing but if they make it with the character control of BF2 with the frostbite engine it's looking to be a win IMO.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
That video was pretty useless but I'm still so fuckin' excited!

Debating whether to just get it on the 360 or shell out for a gaming PC. I do miss 64 player battles, and I imagine jets will be a lot better on the PC.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645

Zukabazuka wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

100h? Think you got the hang of the plane after 25h, how hard was it to bomb a flag with those nukes they have? Why more AA? Because in BF2 you had close to ZERO defense against Jets unless you decided to go dogfighting yourself. But then it seems that those with joystick would dominate anyone.

Once the dude know how to fly he is a god among the players, rarely shot down and only enemy is another jet but it felt like they did some kind of pact where neither would attack each other and they would just bomb each other team. A good chopper pilot still had to lookout for jeeps and ground turrets that could damage them. A good back attack could take them out easy. But doing that on a jet not gonna happen. Any map with jets became a flight simulator for those pilots.

If the AA wasn't stationary it wouldn't be such a big problem or if we had some AA launcher it would have been better. But the moment you had lock on the jet they just dropped flares and use afterburner up to the sky and is outside the range of AA turrets. After that they gun you down before you can even get a lock. That AA vehicle sure it could bring it down but since you pretty much exposed and weak against any type of AT guy you never live long enough.
hey wall of text, my point is that you can't add something incredibly hard to use, and then let players who can't deal with that thing win automatically as some sort of 'counter'
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard