Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
The closest I've come would've been when I hit a barbed-wire fence on my motorbike. My throttle stuck on so I probably hit it at around 80kmph. It got me right around the neck and sliced it open. Luckily though I hit it on an angle so although my neck was sliced open and bleeding very badly, my body didn't stop immediately (and therefore actually break my neck). Only about 12 months before that one of my friends was killed in a similar incident.

Was in hospital for a while and I lost a heap of blood, I remember crawling over to where my dad was and I showed him my neck and all he said was "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" and then I pretty much blacked out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

AussieReaper wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

almost got hit by a bus when crossing the street (didn't look, stupid me coz there was a redlight lol). friend saved my ass, just felt like oh wow i almost died.
i thought you were in a fatal carcrash less than a month ago?

i nearly overdosed and had a heart-attack. not sure i consider it a 'near death experience'. i consider it stupid.
Nearly overdosed and had a heart-attack?

I think if you had a heart attack, the yeah, you overdosed.
'overdose' with street drugs involves a little bit more than the headache you get from 'overdosing' on prescription medication. i've never heard the term 'overdose' used to describe anything non-fatal before. isn't the whole scientific-chemistry 'overdose' estimation based on what dose is lethal for a certain proportion of people? keyword being 'lethal'. a heart-attack is a near-overdose experience, when you're talking about the use of drugs like cocaine and shit, anyway. all a matter of semantics in the end though: stupid bullshit is stupid bullshit, period.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Sturgeon
+488|4939|Flintshire
I was leaning back on my chair before and nearly fell backwards.

If that counts?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.

ROGUEDD wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

once told my girlfriend i was too hungry and didn't want to have sex. closest i ever came to death.

woke up with a gun pointed at my head (if i hadn't been so damn hung over i probably would have shit myself). it was a cop though so I can't really count that as a life threatening time just could have been if he twitched or something
Why was a cop pointing a gun at you? If he wanted to wake you up, he could have just tazed you
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 6#p1328876
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I was in the car in Switzerland on a really dark snowy morning on the way to drop my sister off at school then me at the train station. So we had been telling my dad that we needed new snow tires for a while, he said we'd get them later. Anyway, so the street had about 4-6 inches of snow on it. We weren't driving very fast but at a very slight curb in the road our car suddenly spun out of control on a 60+ km/h road against oncoming traffic. (We were only going like 40km/h because of the snow.)

So we almost got T-boned by a car. My mom was screaming her head off as soon as the car started spinning just freezing and screaming "OMG OMG OMG!"  I froze too waiting to get hit. I was on the passenger side of the car and would have been hit. Luckily the oncoming car swerved just in time and missed us.

I guess that's about it...
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
... your mother blasphemed?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yep

so she'll burn in hell amirite?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky
I told me ex wife to quit "acting like her fucking mother"

I.E.D. in Iraq

3  7.62x39 Rounds in my Front Sapi Plate

I stopped breathing on the operating table once.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yep

so she'll burn in hell amirite?
And her spawn IIRC.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

ghettoperson wrote:

burnzz wrote:

i've lived through a 400 foot climbing fall, a motorcycle wreck (heh, that left a mark), another motorcycle wreck, adolescence, been shot at, and time.

the last one's a bitch, and will eventually win.
I don't mean to sound incredulous, but how exactly did you survive a 400ft fall?
sorry i missed this post - i was tied in, and at 320' the rope stopped me long enough to break free, a few feet later i hit the rock to where it turned me around. i put my bottom teeth through my lip, broke a tooth, and had the wind knocked out of me.

since i was the first one down i helped myself to the beer.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

S3v3N wrote:

I.E.D. in Iraq

Ouch that's rough
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I was in the car in Switzerland on a really dark snowy morning on the way to drop my sister off at school then me at the train station. So we had been telling my dad that we needed new snow tires for a while, he said we'd get them later. Anyway, so the street had about 4-6 inches of snow on it. We weren't driving very fast but at a very slight curb in the road our car suddenly spun out of control on a 60+ km/h road against oncoming traffic. (We were only going like 40km/h because of the snow.)

So we almost got T-boned by a car. My mom was screaming her head off as soon as the car started spinning just freezing and screaming "OMG OMG OMG!"  I froze too waiting to get hit. I was on the passenger side of the car and would have been hit. Luckily the oncoming car swerved just in time and missed us.

I guess that's about it...
I had a similar experience once too.
A few centimeters of completely fresh snow on the road, with snow tires and only 50km/h in a slight curve that you can take with 120km/h when dry.
We did a complete 180° turn, completely silent because of the snow, no traffic early in the morning and nobody saying a word. I still wonder why we didn't go straight out of the curve, down the slope and rolled over.

On another snow incident, my friend went too fast into a curve on a fully snow-covered road, we were sliding outwards and only at the last moment before getting off of the road and down the hill one of the four tires got grip again on a tiny snow-free patch of tarmac.

The very same friend once decided to eat his chocolate pudding out of a glass bowl with a spoon while driving and we went off of the tarmac with the front tire stuck in a hole in the gravel, almost not getting back up.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

When I was 12 or so I went to go to the bathroom in Grand Central Station. Some guy walked into the middle of the bathroom, reached inside his coat and and shouted .. alright, nobody move. I quickly turned around and speed walked my way out .. leaving my dad waiting in line. My Dad came out laughing saying he pulled a banana out from his coat. My family called me Banana split the rest of our vacation. My Dad was like "thanks for leaving me". I figured it was every man for himself. .. while not truly a near death experience I figured you guys might get a kick out of that.

btw that was a very stupid thing for that guy to do in NYC. He is lucky he didn't get stabbed or shot.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Why can no-one drive on snow? I've driven past Range Rovers in ditches, and bewildered people crashed out on roundabouts and never had a problem in my old Volvo.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Kmar wrote:

When I was 12 or so I went to go to the bathroom in Grand Central Station. Some guy walked into the middle of the bathroom, reached inside his coat and and shouted .. alright, nobody move. I quickly turned around and speed walked my way out .. leaving my dad waiting in line. My Dad came out laughing saying he pulled a banana out from his coat. My family called me Banana split the rest of our vacation. My Dad was like "thanks for leaving me". I figured it was every man for himself. .. while not truly a near death experience I figured you guys might get a kick out of that.

btw that was a very stupid thing for that guy to do in NYC. He is lucky he didn't get stabbed or shot.
Why? Guns and knives are illegal here
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Sturgeon
+488|4939|Flintshire
I nearly died in the 2 hours bf2s was down just now.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Sturgeon wrote:

I nearly died in the 2 hours bf2s was down just now.
I thought Shifty rage-hacked the server.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State

S3v3N wrote:

I.E.D. in Iraq

one more round and it might have failed, D:
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

2 many near misses and car crashes to even start mentioning.
Had a few hairy incidents at sea.
Went out to see the tall ships as they pass my town. Savage sea. Boat filled with water. Pulled out the bung so the boat would drain when it was going forward. Outboard cut out, boat filled with water. Thankfully it was an unsinkable Dorey. Trying to get the bug back in before the boat filled up, wind blew a rope and nought round and smacked me in the face putting me over the back of the boat in 30ft sea. Between my uncle and the crew of a Russian tall ship I got dragged out. We had to tie up alongside the big Russian 4 mast sail ship and get on board. Couldn't communicate but they gave me brandy.

Also  canoed around Rathlin Island which has one of the fasted Ebb Tides in the world. Missed timed it as we went round the Island and went straight into the tide. Shear cliffs to our side for 6.5miles, nearly 3 hours we battled to get round to a space we could pull our boats in and rest. Was probably the scariest 3hours of my life. The other incident was over in a flash but for 3hours I thought I was going to die.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5959|Places 'n such
Went in a slayer pit.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
omfg a mosh pit!

tough guy!!!1
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Behind enemy lines was based on me, so yeah.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6128|North Tonawanda, NY

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why can no-one drive on snow? I've driven past Range Rovers in ditches, and bewildered people crashed out on roundabouts and never had a problem in my old Volvo.
I have a Pontiac sedan with front wheel drive, and I haven't ever gone off the road, slid, or lost control of my car in any major way while driving in the snow.  Everytime it snows here, I always pass all sorts of people who have gone flying off the road.

I think the reason is people still speed, they don't understand that your car cannot stop anywhere near as fast, and they don't understand that corners can be dangerous with compromised friction between the tires and the road.  If they'd slow down and take the corners even slower, they'd be a lot better off.  Oh yea, and don't tailgate. 
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SenorToenails wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have a Pontiac sedan with front wheel drive, and I haven't ever gone off the road, slid, or lost control of my car in any major way while driving in the snow.  Everytime it snows here, I always pass all sorts of people who have gone flying off the road.

I think the reason is people still speed, they don't understand that your car cannot stop anywhere near as fast, and they don't understand that corners can be dangerous with compromised friction between the tires and the road.  If they'd slow down and take the corners even slower, they'd be a lot better off.  Oh yea, and don't tailgate. 
Yep. Assume you need 4x the amount of room you normally take to stop. And that doesn't mean slamming on the brakes 4x sooner either
-Frederick Bastiat
Christbane
+51|6233
hit a parked van with a snowmobile at around 40 MPH when I was 8  the throttle stuck.   if i had not missed the van with my body I would have been dead most likely. my older brother was sitting behind me and smashed into me and we both flipped off the sled somehow missing the van he didn't get a scratch I got badly bruised ribs from the handle bars after he smashed into me then we went flying into a snow bank.

clipped a 350 gallon gas tank stand with the rear tire of a john deer tractor while backing up a 18 foot boat at work.  was driving the tractor for a while with no problems I knew the tank was behind me and that I was getting close to the stand. I threw out the hand clutch and stood on the breaks and it just kept rolling. it clipped the stand and the tank fell over onto the the front of the tractor and split open I have no idea how i ended up on the ground away from it all but my leg and arm was on fire pants soaked in gas. people say stop drop and roll, it's more like run scream and panic until 2 guys tackled me and put me out.  the fireball was huge I have no idea why im still here or how I got off the tractor in time. i had 3rd degree burns on my leg that needed skin grafts and second degree burns on my arm  and a bunch of 1st degree.

was riding my  bike down a sidewalk when a guy pulled out in front of me at an intersection I hit his fender and flipped out into the street I landed in the middle of the intersection and hear breaks screeching  I looked up and saw the underside of the bumper cover and decided I had best get the hell out of there  I rolled out and saw my bike wrecked and picked it up and threw it off the road yelling  FUCK!!!!!  I walked to the sidewalk and the lady who almost ran me over said " I think he's ok" and drove off. the dude I hit was all freaked out thinking he killed me. no broken bones just really sore for a week.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard