13rin
+977|6635

Uzique wrote:

who the fuck goes to college and doesn't dorm? leaving the nest is 1/2 the importance of 'going to college', as a life-experience

you're seriously just there for the classes and the degree? how dumb.
I didn't.  Got a two bedroom apartment sans roommate. Two year transfer in with AA.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6873|Riva, MD

Uzique wrote:

who the fuck goes to college and doesn't dorm? leaving the nest is 1/2 the importance of 'going to college', as a life-experience

If he goes to University of Maryland College park, it might not be a long enough drive to warrant a dorm which is like another $8K or so on top of everything else anyway.

Uzique wrote:

sometimes this thread really does make me lol

burnzz is talking more sense than any other over-fretting, over-thinking, neurotic little pissant virgin in this thread

read the old man's wise words and go conquer that poon
Gotta have some baseline knowledge about what to say to get to it, it doesn't just happen like you all seem to believe.  At least not from my experience.  You don't magically know what to say.  There's a reason I analyze and overthink it, for everything else it's worked, trying to use instinct instead does not, and I don't believe I have the instinct for this or else maybe I really would magically know what to say or do.  I'm pretty sure I even have the confidence to go with it, but the information is not there

I have almost everything else down I think, I just need to know how to progress it from borderline conversation like that.  Any help at all would be good.

I just don't really don't want to lose this chance because I didn't know what to do again, I've lost it on simpler things before and now I'm past that, but the close to success world is one I haven't touched more than a few times, I just want something to finally happen instead of getting completely shot down again because I did or said something wrong or didn't do anything at all.  I need something to go off of.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-02-01 13:58:52)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5857|College Park, MD

Uzique wrote:

I've done the dorm thing, and I'll hopefully be on-campus next semester. Or at least live next to campus in one of the student apartments.

For what it's worth, I met some cool folks today and I'm gonna try and turn those acquaintances into friendships.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6873|Riva, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I've done the dorm thing, and I'll hopefully be on-campus next semester. Or at least live next to campus in one of the student apartments.

For what it's worth, I met some cool folks today and I'm gonna try and turn those acquaintances into friendships.
I stand corrected
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
exception
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

_j5689_ wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I stand corrected
what?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6873|Riva, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I stand corrected
what?
Said in my previous post that it probably wasn't a long enough drive for you to stay on campus
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Uzique wrote:

what a social retard

lol and he then has the audacity to talk about being from the richest state in america? he literally isn't even paying to live on his own?

ha ha ha
a good portion of my college's students commute, usually from home because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than living on your own. If I wanted to live on my own, using my own money, I'd have to spend a ton of time working which would take away from the time I can spend on studying, so yeah...

@j no it's not a long drive, or metro ride. I still wanna live on campus/near campus next semester though.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-02-01 13:59:02)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

_j5689_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

If he goes to University of Maryland College park, it might not be a long enough drive to warrant a dorm which is like another $8K or so on top of everything else anyway.

Uzique wrote:

sometimes this thread really does make me lol

burnzz is talking more sense than any other over-fretting, over-thinking, neurotic little pissant virgin in this thread

read the old man's wise words and go conquer that poon
Gotta have some baseline knowledge about what to say to get to it, it doesn't just happen like you all seem to believe.  At least not from my experience.  You don't magically know what to say.  There's a reason I analyze and overthink it, for everything else it's worked, trying to use instinct instead does not, and I don't believe I have the instinct for this or else maybe I really would magically know what to say or do.  I'm pretty sure I even have the confidence to go with it, but the information is not there

I have almost everything else down I think, I just need to know how to progress it from borderline conversation like that.  Any help at all would be good.

I just don't really don't want to lose this chance because I didn't know what to do again, I've lost it on simpler things before and now I'm past that, but the close to success world is one I haven't touched more than a few times, I just want something to finally happen instead of getting completely shot down again because I did or said something wrong or didn't do anything at all.  I need something to go off of.
what the fuck are you talking about

doesn't "just happen like i seem to believe?" what have all my female experiences been daydreams or fantasies, then? conversation doesn't just happen? jesus man if you have anything in common with them (i.e. if they're even worth half your time) then the smalltalk will flow easily. stop over-thinking shit, you'll just get into a sweat and blow your own chances out of the water.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6873|Riva, MD
The small-talk itself is fine for me, it's the transitioning from that to something physical that I'm wondering about.  And also keeping them attracted

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-02-01 14:07:55)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Really though, I've always been under the impression that it's even less common to dorm at universities outside of the US. Guess I was wrong.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6873|Riva, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Really though, I've always been under the impression that it's even less common to dorm at universities outside of the US. Guess I was wrong.
Well, he lives in the UK(most similar to us in culture obviously) so it might not be so different over there.  Other Euro countries maybe though.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-02-01 14:12:43)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
in my opinion a massive part of the 'university' experience is learning to be self-reliant, to be independent and an actual grown-up-- not just to carry on living at home and acting as if you're in high-school for a few more years, taking tests and scoring high. most of the 'benefit' i have taken from my 3 years at university have been major LIFE lessons - in every sense - rather than just burying my head in textbooks and hitting the library. financial responsibility, personal life shit, social life shit, general living-alone-away-from-home type experience... that's invaluable. so what if you'd have less time to study? so what if it costs more than living at home? that's the whole fucking point! life is more than sucking on your mum's tits and commuting from home to 'class' and then driving back home at 'hometime' after the final 'recess' bell.

maybe when you spread those fucking wings and leave the nest, chicks will stop looking at you as a little hatchling
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

_j5689_ wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Well, he lives in the UK(most similar to us in culture obviously) so it might not be so different over there.  Other Euro countries maybe though.
nearly every single person in the UK will dorm or live in private-rented accommodation near campus, alone, rooming or in a group of STUDENTS. the crucial part being the LEAVING HOME part. how can you take girls back home after a night-out, or get to know them by just hanging out if you're at your fucking parent's place? "hey baby, im 22... wanna come back home for lunch? my mum's cooking waffle fries tonight!" european universities are mostly the same.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Zeek, I don't disagree. For the... third? time, I do want to live on campus next semester or live in the student apartments. I'm gonna at least try to make a few good friends this semester so if I have to live in student apartments, I'll have non-randomly-selected roommates.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-02-01 14:27:36)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

Uzique wrote:

in my opinion a massive part of the 'university' experience is learning to be self-reliant, to be independent and an actual grown-up-- not just to carry on living at home and acting as if you're in high-school for a few more years, taking tests and scoring high. most of the 'benefit' i have taken from my 3 years at university have been major LIFE lessons - in every sense - rather than just burying my head in textbooks and hitting the library. financial responsibility, personal life shit, social life shit, general living-alone-away-from-home type experience... that's invaluable. so what if you'd have less time to study? so what if it costs more than living at home? that's the whole fucking point! life is more than sucking on your mum's tits and commuting from home to 'class' and then driving back home at 'hometime' after the final 'recess' bell.

maybe when you spread those fucking wings and leave the nest, chicks will stop looking at you as a little hatchling
Definitely, I consider my time spent at university outside classes just as useful as time spent in classes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5514|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Zeek, I don't disagree. For the... third? time, I do want to live on campus next semester or live in the student apartments. I'm gonna at least try to make a few good friends this semester so if I have to live in student apartments, I'll have non-randomly-selected roommates.
Randomly selected roommates is half the fun
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
yeah i had a great time meeting loads of people i'd normally never meet / encounter / want to talk to / look twice at in my first year. eye opener. you learn more about yourself socially sometimes by doing things you wouldn't normally do... same about other people. i took a lot of lessons about people and being social in my first-lives... from some good experiences and some bad ones. before college you never really meet the 'full' range of personality-types and people in the world, whereas boarding or rooming with the unexpected normally throws out some valuable lessons.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6693|Long Island, New York
hurri, the life between dorming and not dorming is substantial. i'm glad you're living on campus next semester. i honestly can not see myself ever going to my local community college (besides a summer course i'm taking this year hopefully) and commuting or commuting in general to any school.

imagine if i transferred to umaryland (as is my main plan right now), went random roommates and got you? think i'd kill myself
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5514|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

hurri, the life between dorming and not dorming is substantial. i'm glad you're living on campus next semester. i honestly can not see myself ever going to my local community college (besides a summer course i'm taking this year hopefully) and commuting or commuting in general to any school.

imagine if i transferred to umaryland (as is my main plan right now), went random roommates and got you? think i'd kill myself
Wow, not Delaware? Jesus Christ could you be any more Long Island? Albany? Maryland? Way to think outside the box there.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-01 16:08:19)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6693|Long Island, New York
Yeah, because I'm not thinking about going to either school for the fact that they're the number 1 and 2 schools (Maryland and Albany) for criminal justice in the nation... One kid from my HS went to UM. One.

John, you have been excessively fucking stupid as of late. I'm shocked I wasn't accused of calling Cuomo a centrist here. You should quit while you're ahead.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-02-01 16:12:26)

h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6508|Troy, New York
ALBANY IS KICK ASS
Actually not at all. Sorta boring city tbfh
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5629|Ventura, California

loubot wrote:

Shifty where are the stalking pic of the cashier girl?

There are two things I want to know:

1. what she look like

2. how well of a picture your cell takes two rows back in the food section.
I'm unable to show you any pictures. Probably because I don't stalk her.

Fuck off
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

that'd be , you and I will totally bro it out

also, to be fair to John there are a shitload of Long Islanders here, New Yorkers and New Jerseyans in general

also, Pos, most of us say either UMD or UMCP, get with the program

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-02-01 16:44:48)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
on the topic

my girlfriend is fucking amazing

every day is great

i bust a nut

all the damn time

99 problems and she aint one

go get some fellas, go get some

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard