Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

diplomacy? heh, never mind.
what does that even mean?  by giving them money and guns?
LOL OK....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

The police have pulled back and the speculation was "let'em burn it down and they'll come crawling back". Of course after seeing them dancing on the tops of apc's and tanks I'm not so sure.. Something is going to have to come out of this.

Netflix delivered a dvd I ordered about the french revolution earlier today.. just a little bit of irony ..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

diplomacy? heh, never mind.
what does that even mean?  by giving them money and guns?
LOL OK....
why did you lol me?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Because he didn't get your sarcasm.. .. or rather the absurdity of what we consider diplomacy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51
So I heard some 6000 prisoners escaped because the guards pretty much said fuck it and stopped doing there job all together.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6465|Kakanien
a lot of irreplacable art treasures were stolen from the famous egyptian museum in cairo. 2 mummies have been damaged. the guards of the museum are suspected of having committed this...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5992|...

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

a lot of irreplacable art treasures were stolen from the famous egyptian museum in cairo. 2 mummies have been damaged. the guards of the museum are suspected of having committed this...

RDMC wrote:

So I heard some 6000 prisoners escaped because the guards pretty much said fuck it and stopped doing there job all together.
sounds like a typical revolution to me

Last edited by dayarath (2011-01-30 06:19:54)

inane little opines
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ

dayarath wrote:

yep, best thing that happened to Egypt in 30 years!
ƒ³
11 Bravo
Banned

oug wrote:

dayarath wrote:

yep, best thing that happened to Egypt in 30 years!
really?  what has happened?

dude is still in power.  if he just leaves there will be a massive power vacuum.  you want cairo or baghdad?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-01-30 06:36:34)

presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
Seems the riot police aren't bothering any more and the army are keeping control pretty well without resorting to violence. They're just flying a helicopter about to show a presence.
Hilary Clinton seems to be supporting the protesters from what I can read.

e: might seem crazy but I think a military or police govt. would solve the power vacuum problem until they can sort out some form of election. Risks the army taking control though and just setting up another dictator

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-01-30 06:39:55)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ

11 Bravo wrote:

really?  what has happened?

dude is still in power.  if he just leaves there will be a massive power vacuum.  you want cairo or baghdad?
He'll leave soon enough. So will the power vacuum. What did happen - and is quite pleasant in itself - is that the people finally took matters in their own hands.
ƒ³
11 Bravo
Banned
no they really have not.  rioting and looting is not taking matters into your own hands.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ
Rioting and looting is an essential part of making the omelet. What is more alarming is that these people primarily define themselves in religious terms. For something genuinely good to come out of all this, the religious part of the equation needs to be undermined.
ƒ³
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

oug wrote:

Rioting and looting is an essential part of making the omelet. What is more alarming is that these people primarily define themselves in religious terms. For something genuinely good to come out of all this, the religious part of the equation needs to be undermined.
That is beyond naive.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

oug wrote:

That is beyond naive.
Borderline retarded tbh.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5743|شمال

11 Bravo wrote:

no they really have not.  rioting and looting is not taking matters into your own hands.
The opposition has formed a coalition with Mohamed Elbaradei as a leader. They are ready to take over.

So Hosni...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

UnkleRukus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

oug wrote:

That is beyond naive.
Borderline retarded tbh.
Not really it's just idealistic.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

oug wrote:

That is beyond naive.
Well, I agree with the "religious part needs to be undermined" part.  If Egypt, Tunisia, or Yemen become anything like Iran, they'll be jumping straight into an even more oppressive system of government.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347
With Police Absent, Egyptians Arm Themselves to Protect Neighborhoods.
Civilians armed with knives, axes, golf clubs, firebombs, metal bars and makeshift spears watched over many neighborhoods in the sprawling capital of 18 million this weekend, defending their families and homes against widespread looting and lawlessness.
Good luck with knives, axes, golf clubs, firebombs, metal bars and makeshift spears, But if the Government can't trust the people. . .   

The thugs had exploited the chaos created by the largest anti-government protests in decades and the military failed to fill the vacuum left by police.

On Saturday, the army sent out an appeal for citizens to help.
Sounds familiar. . .
"The military encourages neighborhood youth to defend their property and their honor," it said in a statement.

On Sunday, joint teams of civilians and military were patrolling, some with guard dogs.

Mohammed Gafaar, a 34-year old salesman in the Nasr City area, said his neighborhood watch organized soon after the night curfew went into force at 4 p.m. They did it at the behest of residents, who appealed for protection of their property, sending out the call from the local mosque.

"I feel betrayed by the police," said Gaafar, who had carried rocks, a stick and a firebomb in a soda bottle. "They have to be tried for the protesters they killed and for their treason. They left the country to be looted. I am angry at the regime."
Don't think it never happened here or never will again. It will probably play out in the next few hours. It seems like the worst is past. I fear many people will ' disappear' if the regime stays in power. If it does not I think blood will run for years on end and spread across borders. This could be the start of something very big - Global even. I hope not.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/30/with- … 3%7C198210

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-01-30 12:18:20)

13rin
+977|6472
Why haven't some C5's landed and gotten our citizens out?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why haven't some C5's landed and gotten our citizens out?
" Iron is his spine " ?
That would require a Military presence on the Ground, and how would the people get to the Airports ?

I don't think we are going to see ' tough calls ' like that being made. Just my guess.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5992|...

jord wrote:

Not really it's just idealistic.
gotten quite inactive lately you, hows your eye?
inane little opines
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Prediction:

Army refuses to follow orders when Mubarak gives the go-ahead to violently repress the popular uprising, Mubarak finished. Gets on a plane to Switzerland and lives a life of luxury in exile.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
I have a friend who was there a couple of days ago. She got out just before the riots started. She was so darn lucky!
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I have a friend  future stalking target  who was there a couple of days ago. She got out just before the riots started. She was so darn lucky!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard