Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6698|England, GBR
Not being able to stop reviving hurts loads. I had no ammo (cos noone ever gives it - even though there's like 8 assault guys) yet I kept being revived only to die. I asked and asked, no answer. On the 3rd rez. BANG! EXIT GAME.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
on the plus side i'd rather have rez-happy medics than the kind that don't actually know what a medic is and think the class revolves around being able to equip an M60
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5991|Perth, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

on the plus side i'd rather have rez-happy medics than the kind that don't actually know what a medic is and think the class revolves around being able to equip an M60
I disagree. There are very few things I despise more than medics who revive in this game (unless the tickets are incredibly close or some such situation).

In my experience 80% of the time I get revived I will be killed within the next 5 seconds. All I want from them is to drop health and kill shit.
jaymz9350
+54|6585
All I care is that they only try to revive me once,  if you revive me and I die again then it will keep happening dumb ass.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6297|Pacific NW, USA
Whenever I med, I kill the fucker that killed my teammate, then I revive. If I can't kill him or there are too many enemies Looking our way, I don't revive and attempt to flank... Pretty simple.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2011-01-28 21:39:13)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl

PigPopTart wrote:

Whenever I med, I kill the fucker that killed my teammate, then I revive. If I can't kill him or there are too many enemies Looking our way, I don't revive and attempt to flank... Pretty simple.
In a perfect world that's the way it should be. But 95% of BC2 players are complete retards and don't really think like that
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6332|Graz, Austria
Really moronic indeed, because if you're going in for reviving your fallen comrade, without killing his killer first or even remotely know from what direction he was shot at, your gonna be a sitting duck, providing two additional kills for the enemy.

You have 15 seconds time to revive a wounded comrade. That's almost always enough to find the enemy and try to take him out.
It's even enough time to memorize in what order your comrades were killed and revive accordingly.

On the other hand, since there are no more suad leaders in BFBC2, it's often more useful to revive just the one comrade who is behind cover and has the highest change to survive, even if he was not the first who went down, than to jump in and revive everyone else.
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!
and the fact that you revive DEAD people , not just wounded makes it pretty much worthless in my opinion
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

globefish23 wrote:

Really moronic indeed, because if you're going in for reviving your fallen comrade, without killing his killer first or even remotely know from what direction he was shot at, your gonna be a sitting duck, providing two additional kills for the enemy.

You have 15 seconds time to revive a wounded comrade. That's almost always enough to find the enemy and try to take him out.
It's even enough time to memorize in what order your comrades were killed and revive accordingly.

On the other hand, since there are no more suad leaders in BFBC2, it's often more useful to revive just the one comrade who is behind cover and has the highest change to survive, even if he was not the first who went down, than to jump in and revive everyone else.
By that last bit are you referring to the other dead guys beeing able to respawn on him?

If so. I want to know which servers you play on because 80% of those I play on, people run around like idiots playing singleplayer with no regard for squad/team/objective
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5044|Massachusetts, USA

thepilot91 wrote:

and the fact that you revive DEAD people , not just wounded makes it pretty much worthless in my opinion
It's a game, why are you posting in here if you don't play it.

Also, out of curiosity what do you play for games right now.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

reviving is completely different in bc2 compared to bf2. In bf2 it's ALWAYS worth reviving the squad leader, even if you die because of it. In BC2 it's a better idea to just stay alive yourself.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

...what ?

BC2? , BF2? , CA? , BFP4FB?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/thepilot91 ?
UnkleRukus
That Guy

thepilot91 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

...what ?

You're calling the revive system bullshit in a game you play all the time. Kind of stupid tbh.
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

...what ?

You're calling the revive system bullshit in a game you play all the time. Kind of stupid tbh.
well...what if I don't like getting revived / revive , what if I barely ever play medic , and no I don't play it all the time

bet you dont like to die very much in (whatever fps you do play) but you still play , don't you ?
UnkleRukus
That Guy

thepilot91 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

...what ?

well...what if I don't like getting revived / revive , what if I barely ever play medic , and no I don't play it all the time

bet you dont like to die very much in (whatever fps you do play) but you still play , don't you ?
I don't die that much anyways when I play BC2. Plus I would rather be revived so I can be near the front/flag/mcom and capture/defend the point.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6698|England, GBR
Annoyed the hell out of me just. 3 times some guy revived me. Didn't even stand up or have time to shoot before some guy camping in the right spot took me out. 3rd kill was a nade that got both of us, but it was enough to make me leave the server.

Some people are tools.

Like the top 5:

The reviving when it's not safe thing
Playing Assault and not giving ammo
Not spotting
3/4 team playing sniper on a rush map and camping at their base not actually killing anyone cos they're shit
Not noticing the red dots that are local and just running mindlessly into a death.

I guess I could add not adapting tot he map. As a BF player, I have 4 classes to chose from. I enjoy this option. If it's a mainly armour map (Harvest, Metal, Atacama etc.) Engineer is pretty much the main kit. I'll change to that. The other 3 classes can be used on anything, but when I'm the only engineer on an 'armour' map. Jesus christ do I want to cry.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
just shot down a helo with the UAV was aiming for some dude on a HMG but that'll do
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

just shot down a helo with the UAV was aiming for some dude on a HMG but that'll do
I still remember how bro' the UAV was before they patched it...

physically wrestling helicopters out of the sky was the shit...
Magna-Mike
+5|6114

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Annoyed the hell out of me just. 3 times some guy revived me. Didn't even stand up or have time to shoot before some guy camping in the right spot took me out. 3rd kill was a nade that got both of us, but it was enough to make me leave the server.

Some people are tools.

Like the top 5:

The reviving when it's not safe thing
Playing Assault and not giving ammo
Not spotting
3/4 team playing sniper on a rush map and camping at their base not actually killing anyone cos they're shit
Not noticing the red dots that are local and just running mindlessly into a death.

I guess I could add not adapting tot he map. As a BF player, I have 4 classes to chose from. I enjoy this option. If it's a mainly armour map (Harvest, Metal, Atacama etc.) Engineer is pretty much the main kit. I'll change to that. The other 3 classes can be used on anything, but when I'm the only engineer on an 'armour' map. Jesus christ do I want to cry.
Bahahah I agree with everything you say and i laugh because I can relate totally. My most hated bit of it is lazy players not doing a thing to destroy MCOMS or aid in the help of others destroying MCOMS. Also, why can't people understand that if an MCOM is in a building, all you really have to do is BLAST the building with a tank from far off until it collapses? Or plant C4 all over the thing...Tactics are a good idea lol....

Im kind of new to the game still, is there a way to actually repair MCOMS if damaged?
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl

Magna-Mike wrote:

Im kind of new to the game still, is there a way to actually repair MCOMS if damaged?
Afraid not. Some people have requested it to dice but i doubt it will ever be put into the game.

/Edit
I'm glad that did all that work on the stats servers to try and reduce the lag in the game. The game lags as much if not more now than before the work.

Also, fuck Vietnam. I didn't have any lag issues untill Vietnam came along. The day it became available the game went to shit.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2011-02-04 03:16:40)

FloppY_
­

Rod Foxx wrote:

Magna-Mike wrote:

Afraid not. Some people have requested it to dice but i doubt it will ever be put into the game.

/Edit
I'm glad that did all that work on the stats servers to try and reduce the lag in the game. The game lags as much if not more now than before the work.

Also, fuck Vietnam. I didn't have any lag issues untill Vietnam came along. The day it became available the game went to shit.
Hope not

And there really is no need since they doubled their HP
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661
Played this for the first time in ages today. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being, but it's still a lot of wasted potential.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5389629/BF2s%20hosting/BFBC2Game%202011-02-07%2018-47-41-91.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5389629/BF2s%20hosting/BFBC2Game%202011-02-07%2018-39-13-11.jpg

The M95 + red dot sight is BC2's saving grace. It's like a modern-day railgun. One shot ultra-accurate kills even if you're in midair (much to the dismay of german players)

Last edited by Lucien (2011-02-07 10:32:02)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FloppY_
­

Lucien wrote:

Played this for the first time in ages today. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being, but it's still a lot of wasted potential.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5389629/BF2s%20 … -41-91.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5389629/BF2s%20 … -13-11.jpg

The M95 + red dot sight is BC2's saving grace. It's like a modern-day railgun. One shot ultra-accurate kills even if you're in midair (much to the dismay of german players)
Too bad the netcode is too buggy to do that without shooting straight through people most of the time
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Dammit Sisco! Was so so close in stabbing yur ass yesterday Still need that 1 buddy-stab to get that one achievement.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351
Haha, was thinking you might be after my ass

Havn´t palyed in ages, yesterday was the second time in iforgothowlong. I shall do this more often.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard