11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

13/f/taiwan wrote:

nothing bad ever happens in america.
and people here always mention that.  so what?  leave this thread alone and go talk about that.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

11 Bravo wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

ok so to trim this down;

muslim girl in minor part in film is abused because the family dont like who she sees?

cut all the muslim shite out.

so do you think this is representave of islam on a whole? the boy that does my windows, does he go home and beat his wife? how about my postman?

jesus fuck fuck strawmen
dude...this stuff aint news in most of those countries thats why you never hear about it.  its just common and expected.
And those countries tend to be fucked up 3rd world shitholes. Compare them to Christian 3rd world shitholes and you see exactly the same thing.

Say, Uganda or Rwanda - they have huge problems with this sort of stuff.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
i don't get it. are you just addressing an incident that happened(in which you think is horrible) or are you trying to use this as evidence that "islam is evil?"
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such

Bertster7 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

ok so to trim this down;

muslim girl in minor part in film is abused because the family dont like who she sees?

so do you think this is representave of islam on a whole? the boy that does my windows, does he go home and beat his wife? how about my postman?

jesus fuck fuck strawmen
dude...this stuff aint news in most of those countries thats why you never hear about it.  its just common and expected.
And those countries tend to be fucked up 3rd world shitholes. Compare them to Christian 3rd world shitholes and you see exactly the same thing.

Yeah but they're not muslim terrorists that the news tells us are bad.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
11 Bravo
Banned

13/f/taiwan wrote:

i don't get it. are you just addressing an incident that happened(in which you think is horrible) or are you trying to use this as evidence that "islam is evil?"
i am simply saying this happens far too often in the islamic culture
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

People argue all the time that this crap is just "a few" radicals.  But I don't think this would even be news if it happened in Saudi, UEA, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Iran.........  Honestly I think it is the norm in many of those countries.  I swear of all the major religions, Islam is by far the most intolerant and violent (don't want to hear about religion X,Y,Z centuries ago because most have evolved, islam not so much).

So how do you Islamic apologists dismiss this as just a radical.
Clearly the latter.
11 Bravo
Banned

presidentsheep wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

hey you fucking cunt you ever been to the ME?
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5960|Places 'n such

11 Bravo wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

No, fox news told me it was horrible so I'm never going.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
ok counterpoint; some republicans planted a (live) bomb outside my old halls yesterday. For some context 10k students live there - does this make christians inherently evil?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

11 Bravo wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I have - it was very nice.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
i swear to god half of you people denouncing a religion as inherently violent dont live in the fucking real world. catholics kill as do sikhs as do muslims as do sons of abraham. the only difference is post 9/11 the only story the news runs with is islamic.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned

FatherTed wrote:

i swear to god half of you people denouncing a religion as inherently violent dont live in the fucking real world. catholics kill as do sikhs as do muslims as do sons of abraham. the only difference is post 9/11 the only story the news runs with is islamic.
we aint talking about killing
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
so what then? muslims think differently? fuck i could walk you down streets in belfast and people would argue the sky is yellow for the sake of your religion
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
I know a guy who went to fight a dodgy war in the ME and was shocked to see people fought back.

turns out wars are suprisngly violent.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Especially 1st and 2nd generation immigrants have all sorts of domestic problems. It takes a while until they've actually integrated in our society. The culture they bring along is often oppressive and untolerating. IMHO in instances such as this the people in question should be told very clearly that as long as they live in our society they abide by our culture and rules or fuck off. We don't actually do that which is a major fucking mistake - they get here, coming from a society that only respects brutal authority and understand only that, yet we somehow believe leniency and "understanding" is the right answer.

It's ridiculous that he's getting off with only 6 months jailtime, and the response of the parents to boot - you can bet your ass this girl is going to get another whooping as soon as he gets out / is now exiled from her family.

To call this sort of thing exclusive to islamic immigrants is wrong though, I don't doubt for a second that this sort of shit happens in chinese families aswell, they're always nice on the surface but behind closed doors among eachother... different story.

Last edited by dayarath (2011-01-22 11:58:49)

inane little opines
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky

Bertster7 wrote:

More instances of this amongst Sikh communities tbh.

It certainly is a problem amongst Muslims, but also between Sikhs, Hindus, Catholics, Protestants, and various ethnic groups.

Thinking this behaviour is isolated to Muslims is just deluded.
Wha?

I didn't beat the shit out of my sister because she married outside of the Catholic Religion.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

S3v3N wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

More instances of this amongst Sikh communities tbh.

It certainly is a problem amongst Muslims, but also between Sikhs, Hindus, Catholics, Protestants, and various ethnic groups.

Thinking this behaviour is isolated to Muslims is just deluded.
Wha?

I didn't beat the shit out of my sister because she married outside of the Catholic Religion.
not even a slape?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

presidentsheep wrote:

These topics have been gone over again and again, there's nothing anyone can add any more and no-ones changing their viewpoint on things so why bother?
So you go ahead and give OP the incentive to post more of these topics?
inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Turquoise wrote:

It's certainly a problem among Muslims, but it's more a problem with religion and traditionalism in general.
It seems acts like these mostly come out of Africa, The Middle east, and are usually done by people from there. I really wonder if these kinds of acts are common among Indonesians and Chinese muslims or if it's just more a cultural thing.

In any case similar things happen in the west. Instead of killing our sisters and daughters we just kick them out of the family and cut them off or if it's our wives and girlfriends kill them. Minor changes in the details of it all really.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
blehhhhhhhh

I think that we just have a greater focus on muslims, etc.

I'm pretty sure that such things happen (parents/siblings want their family members marry people of the same religion/race/w/e) in other groups (try marrying a black man if your dad's in the KKK)

yeah
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

ok so to trim this down;

jesus fuck fuck strawmen
And how many redneck trailer-trash beat their daughters for going out with the wrong guy?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6353
If you get caught in The U.S.A. " beating your daughters for going out with the wrong guy " C.P.S. steps in and you lose the Kids and go to jail.

Right ?
Karbin
+42|6293

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

If you get caught in The U.S.A. " beating your daughters for going out with the wrong guy " C.P.S. steps in and you lose the Kids and go to jail.

Right ?
Only if their under 18
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6353

Trotskygrad wrote:

blehhhhhhhh

I think that we just have a greater focus on muslims, etc.

I'm pretty sure that such things happen (parents/siblings want their family members marry people of the same religion/race/w/e) in other groups (try marrying a black man if your dad's in the KKK)

yeah
I agree with your point but most cultures/religions are not this extreme. At least in the parts of the U.S.A. I have been to. ( never met a Mormon ) All bets are of if your dad is Brain damaged or in the K.K.K. - etc.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Or from the south.

What would the average good 'ole boy do if his daughter went out with a black guy?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard