Mugen
+19|5970

Sturgeon wrote:

I have the Formula GT (the gran turismo one) just wondering is it worth the extra money to buy either of the Ferrari F1 cars?
Only if you do the back-up - send to dummy/friend - reload thing, since you can't use them in any a-spec or b-spec race.

Last edited by Mugen (2011-01-03 14:25:41)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Mugen wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

I have the Formula GT (the gran turismo one) just wondering is it worth the extra money to buy either of the Ferrari F1 cars?
Only if you do the back-up - send to dummy/friend - reload thing, since you can't use them in any a-spec or b-spec race.
Of course you can use them in some a-spec and b-spec races.

Personally I think it's pretty pathetic using exploits to get cars. It's not like they're hard to get and unlocking new stuff is what drives you to complete the races properly - which in turn puts you in better form for online races.

They're worth buying once you've got any cars you need for events, since you don't ever win them as prizes and I suspect they're interesting cars to drive. But from a more practical perspective the formula gt is much cheaper and of more use.
Mugen
+19|5970
I was talking about the Ferrari F1 cars, which cost 22.5m credits total.

Last edited by Mugen (2011-01-03 15:00:40)

GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
How do I do the whole back up restore thing? so i can get more cars?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Bertster7 wrote:

The Red Bull X2010 however, is amazing....

But it's too fast for me. Can't see how you can get golds in those Vettel events 2:08 for 2 laps of the Nurburgring GP is too hard. Even to get bronze for them you have to drive like an absolute maniac. The car can clearly do it no problem, but reacting fast enough to keep up with the car is almost impossible. It makes me understand why they don't actually make cars that fast - anyone who drove it would die.
That car is pure awsmsauce ...

Way to fast for me also ... tried it in a couple of races yesterday and I just can't keep up with how it turns and accelerate ... it's way to powerful and accurate

With that said my B.spec drivers love it and corners Indy at 440 km/h with lap times in the low thirties, best lap was 32.670 seconds
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Mugen wrote:

I was talking about the Ferrari F1 cars, which cost 22.5m credits total.
I know.

Varegg wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

The Red Bull X2010 however, is amazing....

But it's too fast for me. Can't see how you can get golds in those Vettel events 2:08 for 2 laps of the Nurburgring GP is too hard. Even to get bronze for them you have to drive like an absolute maniac. The car can clearly do it no problem, but reacting fast enough to keep up with the car is almost impossible. It makes me understand why they don't actually make cars that fast - anyone who drove it would die.
That car is pure awsmsauce ...

Way to fast for me also ... tried it in a couple of races yesterday and I just can't keep up with how it turns and accelerate ... it's way to powerful and accurate

With that said my B.spec drivers love it and corners Indy at 440 km/h with lap times in the low thirties, best lap was 32.670 seconds
It's so awesome though....

Gold on Monza isn't seeming too unattainable - but for Suzuka.....

Sub 4 mins for the Nordschleife with potential for so much more - that's the thing with that car, there's always so much potential to push it further.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
gotta say I really don't get the pace mechanic of b spec. Smacks of Japanese design.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Vilham wrote:

gotta say I really don't get the pace mechanic of b spec. Smacks of Japanese design.
How so?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I haven't touched b spec and probably won't. Ugh.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

jord wrote:

Some of the better cars are awarded in B.Spec ... the Mazda Furai amongst others ...
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
Standard cars look so crap!
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Fekking great ... bought a Ferrari F10 the other day and it can't be used in any A or B.spec events, 10 million credits wasted tbh
baggs
+732|6175
anyone trading?

p.s. hi
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Varegg wrote:

jord wrote:

Some of the better cars are awarded in B.Spec ... the Mazda Furai amongst others ...
thats the only reason im doing it.

Bspec is so basic its pretty much worthless as a game and is completely unexplained to you. I searched on the internet so I get it now, I just start a race, and get back to mapping on my PC. Win, start again. Easy money and experience ftw.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Varegg wrote:

Fekking great ... bought a Ferrari F10 the other day and it can't be used in any A or B.spec events, 10 million credits wasted tbh
cause of the tires?
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

jsnipy wrote:

Varegg wrote:

cause of the tires?
Nope, cause of the car ... supposedly some sort of licensing issues between PD and Ferrari ... not sure really ...

Can only be used in practice mode and arcade ...
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Vilham wrote:

Varegg wrote:

jord wrote:

Bspec is so basic its pretty much worthless as a game and is completely unexplained to you. I searched on the internet so I get it now, I just start a race, and get back to mapping on my PC. Win, start again. Easy money and experience ftw.
The money isn't that great but the experience is ...

I find B.spec quite amusing actually uptil the endurence races, can't be bothered watching the 9 hour race at Tsukuba

B.spec lvl 38 atm and only need to do the last two 24 hour races, my best driver is lvl 40 and the rest is 33, 34, 34, 35, 35

At lvl 35 B.spec you get a free X2010 Red Bull, that is totally worth the wait
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Varegg wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Varegg wrote:

The money isn't that great but the experience is ...

I find B.spec quite amusing actually uptil the endurence races, can't be bothered watching the 9 hour race at Tsukuba

B.spec lvl 38 atm and only need to do the last two 24 hour races, my best driver is lvl 40 and the rest is 33, 34, 34, 35, 35

At lvl 35 B.spec you get a free X2010 Red Bull, that is totally worth the wait
You don't have to complete the Vettel Challenges? That's how I did it - unlocked the challenge at a-spec lvl 30 and then completed all the events.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

^^ At lvl 35 B.spec you get one for free, the same edition as all bronze on the S.Vettel challenge at lvl 30 ... if you gold that challenge you actually get 3 X2010, 1 for bronze, 1 for silver and a special carbon edition for gold ...

At lvl 35 the X2010 will also appear in the New Car Dealership in the Gran Turismo dealer, costs 20 mill and you can choose from several colors ... it says it is a lvl 40 car so not sure if you can buy one before that ...

After having driven the X2010 for a couple of weeks I kinda getting used too its awsm power, one never really can control it entirely me thinks but I can now stay on the track with it and the lap times are improving
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Varegg wrote:

^^ At lvl 35 B.spec you get one for free, the same edition as all bronze on the S.Vettel challenge at lvl 30 ... if you gold that challenge you actually get 3 X2010, 1 for bronze, 1 for silver and a special carbon edition for gold ...

At lvl 35 the X2010 will also appear in the New Car Dealership in the Gran Turismo dealer, costs 20 mill and you can choose from several colors ... it says it is a lvl 40 car so not sure if you can buy one before that ...

After having driven the X2010 for a couple of weeks I kinda getting used too its awsm power, one never really can control it entirely me thinks but I can now stay on the track with it and the lap times are improving
At level 30 A-Spec it appears in the dealership too...

More satisfying to win it by doing events imo.
Mugen
+19|5970

Bertster7 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

At level 30 A-Spec it appears in the dealership too...

More satisfying to win it by doing events imo.
Appears at 30, but you can only buy when you're lvl 40 though, such a tease.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Me thinks the seasonal events are a tad to easy but funny though, I like that in most you have to use that special car you otherwise wouldn't think twice about buying ... and there's some really nice A.spec XP to be won
baggs
+732|6175

Varegg wrote:

Me thinks the seasonal events are a tad to easy but funny though, I like that in most you have to use that special car you otherwise wouldn't think twice about buying ... and there's some really nice A.spec XP to be won
I see them as a little credits boost to save having to grind high speed ring circuits and plus its something look forward to each week or two.

Are you trading cars btw?
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire
Baggs you faggot, I can send you the formula gran turismo on ps3 if you want?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Sturgeon wrote:

on ps3
baggs has the Wii version so that won't work
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard