-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5476|Ventura, California

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm not reading 6 pages of flaming, but how is it one man is more effective at patrolling 22,000 acres on his own than the border patrol agents are?

Also, does this guy not have a job? How does he spend so much time out hunting illegal immigrants? At 12,000 in the past 10 years or so he must never get anything done.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6357

Kmar wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

catholics have a lot more to be sorry for in the last 1,000 years of history

especially when it comes to retarding human development
If you said 2,000, I would agree.  In the last 1,000....  that's a tough call.

It doesn't really matter though, since they're all bullshit anyway.
Are you familiar with the roman inquisition?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno
Again I have to ask, are you willing to go back centuries in an effort to try and portray the different religions on a level playing Field ?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Again, as I said before, I am talking about the direct attack on science. If that is something you are ready to talk about ... saddle up
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6357

Kmar wrote:

Again, as I said before, I am talking about the direct attack on science. If that is something you are ready to talk about ... saddle up
I have been to a Trinity Luthern Church( protestant ) and a Catholic Church,  never cuaght the " direct attack on science " you have a link or something ?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

No.. certainly not now
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6357

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I have been to a Trinity Lutheran Church( protestant ) and a Catholic Church,  never caught the " direct attack on science " you have a link or something ?
never mind I C what your talking about. That was the work of a few people who didn't want to give up the cards/power they were holding by admitting that God himself had not actually clued them in personally. I think one reason the muslim radicals have put it in to high gear lately is they now feel they are rapidly losing control of being able to decimate information amongst their people. To much easy access to other cultures ideas and such. They will have a much tougher time painting the opposition in any light they choose. Respectively I don't feel this is a reflection on either religion as much as a few people within who wanted to wield power. Just my take. As much as a hated attending I never had " Anti Science " pushed on me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

For what it is worth islam scholars were kicking everyones ass until their religon got in the way. Read Cosmic Quest if you get the chance. They just weren't as brutal to their own.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Kmar wrote:

For what it is worth islam scholars were kicking everyones ass until their religon got in the way. Read Cosmic Quest if you get the chance. They just weren't as brutal to their own.
But the problem is that religion is still in the way for much of Islam today.

Granted, it seems to now be in the way for Protestants as well.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Bertster7 wrote:

But you have to take into account the really abhorrent sort of ways people were killed by Catholics. Just look at things like the book of martyrs, a nasty example being a heavily pregnant woman being hung above a fire so she was slowly cooked, then dropped into the fire where she gave birth and the crowd chucked the baby back into the fire.
what the hell are you on?  do you know how stupid that sounds?  how is that even possible?  she gave birth in the fire and they chucked the baby back in?  if she was in the fire how did the baby get out of the fire?  was her vagina a cannon?  is there proof of this or just crap like bible?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

11 Bravo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

But you have to take into account the really abhorrent sort of ways people were killed by Catholics. Just look at things like the book of martyrs, a nasty example being a heavily pregnant woman being hung above a fire so she was slowly cooked, then dropped into the fire where she gave birth and the crowd chucked the baby back into the fire.
what the hell are you on?  do you know how stupid that sounds?  how is that even possible?  she gave birth in the fire and they chucked the baby back in?  if she was in the fire how did the baby get out of the fire?  was her vagina a cannon?  is there proof of this or just crap like bible?
It could happen because I once saw this guy fall like a 500ft when the ledge he was on gave way and then landed in sand at the bottom of the valley and looked up right as the rock ledge fell on top of him and killed him.

All because he was chasing some bird.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Lotta_Drool wrote:

It could happen because I once saw this guy fall like a 500ft when the ledge he was on gave way and then landed in sand at the bottom of the valley and looked up right as the rock ledge fell on top of him and killed him.

Was that bird the road runner?

Your story sounds like it was out of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon.

Last edited by AussieReaper (2011-01-16 15:14:58)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

AussieReaper wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I was drinking a lot but I think it was on CNN because it followed a news report about some meddling kids busting old man Smithers scaring visitors away from his amusement park as part of some eloborate hoax.
11 Bravo
Banned

Lotta_Drool wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

oh ok then
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I was drinking a lot but I think it was on CNN because it followed a news report about some meddling kids busting old man Smithers scaring visitors away from his amusement park as part of some eloborate hoax.
I remember that report.  It was right after some story about two bears that had apparently been stealing picnic baskets in Yellowstone National Park.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6584|SE London

11 Bravo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's well documented. Read Foxe's book of martyrs. It is available online. Here's a picture from it:

https://www.hrionline.ac.uk/johnfoxe/images/woodcuts/1980w.jpg

Catholic persecution of Protestants under Mary Tudor's reign was not pleasant.
Turquoise
O Canada
This kind of makes me wonder why Alan Moore would essentially idolize Guy Fawkes with V for Vendetta.  Certainly, he was aware that Fawkes was a Catholic fanatic.
11 Bravo
Banned

Bertster7 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's well documented. Read Foxe's book of martyrs. It is available online. Here's a picture from it:

http://www.hrionline.ac.uk/johnfoxe/ima … /1980w.jpg

Catholic persecution of Protestants under Mary Tudor's reign was not pleasant.
yes nice picture.  reminds me of the bible.  meh.  i dont buy that story.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

But you buy everyything you're spoonfed about muslims.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

But you buy everyything you're spoonfed about muslims.
spoonfed?  you been to the ME or Africa?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6674|UK
dude you seem have no idea the shit they did back then.  hung drawn and quartered?

fuck cut my head of with a blunt knife any day.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6002|Vortex Ring State
How did this turn into "execution methods by catholics and muslims thread"

just curious
11 Bravo
Banned

m3thod wrote:

dude you seem have no idea the shit they did back then.  hung drawn and quartered?

i know about it...but berts story seems a little far fetched
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
That kind of barbarism was pretty common for the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%60arat_al-Nu%60man
The most infamous event from the city's history dates from late 1098, during the First Crusade. After the Crusaders, led by Raymond de Saint Gilles and Bohemond of Taranto, successfully besieged Antioch they found themselves with insufficient supplies of food. Their raids on the surrounding countryside during the winter months did not help the situation. By December 12 when they reached Ma`arra, many of them were suffering from starvation and malnutrition. They managed to breach the city's walls and massacred about 20,000 inhabitants, as they often did when they captured a city. However, this time, as they could not find enough food, they resorted to cannibalism.

One of the crusader commanders wrote to Pope Urban II: "A terrible famine racked the army in Ma`arra, and placed it in the cruel necessity of feeding itself upon the bodies of the Saracens.[1]

Radulph of Caen, another chronicler, wrote: "In Ma`arra our troops boiled pagan adults in cooking-pots; they impaled children on spits and devoured them grilled."

Those events had a strong impact on the local inhabitants of Southwest Asia. The crusaders already had a reputation for cruelty and barbarism towards Muslims, Jews and even local Christians, Catholic and Orthodox alike. (the Crusades began shortly after the Great Schism of 1054) Many authors suggest that the crusaders' behaviour was not really born of their hunger but fanatical belief that the Muslims were even lower than the animals.[citation needed] Amin Maalouf in his book The Crusades Through Arab Eyes points out the most crucial line for such belief among the Muslims: "Not only did our troops not shrink from eating dead Turks and Saracens; they also ate dogs!" by Albert of Aix.
What went on in the Roman games was at least as bad.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-01-17 18:15:52)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5588

Many authors suggest that the crusaders' behaviour was not really born of their hunger but fanatical belief that the Muslims were even lower than the animals.
One historian has written that the "isolation, alienation and fear"[1] felt by the Franks so far from home helps to explain the atrocities they committed, including the cannibalism which was recorded after the Siege of Maarat in 1098.[23]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
The citation leads to a book from the Oxford press.
Minor detail doesn't really matter.

A few hundred years after that the Mongols were ripping open women's stomachs in order to get pearls a few hundred years after that Timur was making pyramids of skulls in India. History if full a instances like that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

They even brought it over here, to the new world. See the Fort Caroline Massacre. The Spanish left a message stating they hung the French "Not as Frenchmen, but as Lutherans and heretics." In fact, the French colonist would have been more accurately labeled Calvinist... but no matter.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard