bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
So is there a bf2s corp?

I quite like this game
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
no the ideas been tossed around a few times before though. the main reasoning is that a lot of the guys playing eve are from pretty polar opposite political spectrums (in-game) and it really wouldn't work. you in the bf2s channel?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
nope, how do i join?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
top right corner of any chatbox there's a speech bubble, click it and type in BF2s then hit join
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
So what is armor tanking?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
armour mods are lowslots, so racially this suits Amarr and Gallente (lots of lowslots) and sometimes minmatar. you forsake your shield and use armour as your tanking layer. Better for prolonged tanking, cant cope with DPS spikes as well as shields can though. What ships are you flying?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
no one ever game me 20mill
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
Currently have a Gallente Navitas and Velator.

Havent really played that much
CC-Marley
+407|6828
Ahhh...cute little ships..
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
And now a catalyst thanks to Ted!
CC-Marley
+407|6828
Catalyst is a good one . Just load up on 125mm rails with antimatter. Don't forget to use drones. Train for the cruiser as soon as you can.
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
so what kinda thing are scouting drones used for?

Just like send the off for what reason

...dont say scouting
CC-Marley
+407|6828
Scout drones are combat drones. Use a Hobgoblin. They engage your targeted objects. What your in game bennis?? are you on the bf2s chat? I got a present fot you.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
theres a few sorts of drones so ill try and summarise them

Light (Scout) Drones - Hogoblins, Warriors, Hornets and some amarr one. Hobgoblins are generally the best for missioning, Warriors best for PVP
Medium (Scout) Drones - Hammerheads, Valks, Vespas and some amarr one. Again Hammerheads for PVE, Valks for PVP
Heavy (Attack) Drones - Ogres, Berserkers, Wasps and some amarr one. Same racial flavours for PVE and PVP

So they're the drones youll commonly see. Each sort of corresponds to a shiptype, Lights are for killing frigs, Heavys for Battleships. Always always always have 5 lights before you carry any other drones. Oh and S/M/L amarr drones are basically never useful

Then you get Sentry drones. Each race's sentry trades damage for range - Gallente shortest, Caldari longest. All of these are useful, but only Battleships and some Cruisers really can carry them. These dont move so you have to be next to them for them to return to your dronebay - think of them like deployed turrets or something.

That's basically all the drone stuff you need to remember for missions. Can't stress enough how important 5x T2 light scout drones are - In a battlecruiser/battleship you'll need these to kill scramming/webbing frigates because you probably wont be able to track them with your massive guns.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
oh if you stick with Gallente a lot of your damage will come from Drones in the bigger ships. in-game check out the Dominix Battleship - it's designed entirely to be a Drone carrier.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
another question, what is the best way to go about combatting multiple enemies?
atm i'll lock like 4 enemies, use the F# keys to activate my guns, and they'll only target one, then stop firing when its dead
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
focus on one at a time. like you, some ships will actively repair. so if you do one gun on each there's a chance it'll tank you. Also kill the stuff most dangerous to you first - in a catalyst this is probably cruisers and any very fast frigates.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CC-Marley
+407|6828
dont be afraid to run back and repair then return to the fight. Dagan is a bastard. lost 3 catalysts before i got him.
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
When would you guys recommend making my way to jita? I wanna start making some real money at some point!

Also, is there anyway you can set all your ships to follow you? I dont wanna leave them all at a station miles away!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois

bennisboy wrote:

When would you guys recommend making my way to jita? I wanna start making some real money at some point!

Also, is there anyway you can set all your ships to follow you? I dont wanna leave them all at a station miles away!
It depends what industry you want to go into.

And I wish, you're either going to have to fly them manually to wherever you want to keep them, or get a hauler and take your ships to another station.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois
CC-Marley
+407|6828
Pretty sure you'll have to leave them behind. Make sure your clone is up to date. You'll die in low sec I'm pretty sure. I've lost a cruiser doing a lvl2 mission that some ass jumped in on me and effed my warp. My pod got away though. Wish i could follow up on my kill rights for him. Hate being so weak.
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
is jita pretty low sec then?

Also Haibai, surely flying them manualy makes it impossible, cos you have to fly there to pick it up, change ship, and leave the one you went there in at the station?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
wut jitas highsec. 0.9 i think. if you want to go there to trade and make isk that way it's gonna be daunting - jita is like wall street in terms of isk movement in EVE.

bennis the normal way of relocating ships is fly it to wherever you want to go, dock up then eject from your ship (this puts you in your pod) then fly back in your pod for the next ship.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
Jita is Empire aka High Sec. 

Anybody want to donate ISK so I can buy a Carrier and a Dread?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard