wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

[some chick with major camel-toe issue. If the chick mentions not murdering the council, a winrar is you!
It's not an issue! I liked the improvements to the combat in ME2 it did make it quite fast paced. I remember the shields in number one taking forever to recharge. I think the leveling in number 2 was simplified for the worse though.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

The combat in the first game was crap.
RPG first, Shooter second.

I need to replay through both games soon as a renegade.
firebolt5
+114|6125
I never played the first ME, but I played the ME 2 demo.  I thought it was annoying switching back and forth between incendiary and regular rounds when I saw shielded and unshielded opponents.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

firebolt5 wrote:

I never played the first ME, but I played the ME 2 demo.  I thought it was annoying switching back and forth between incendiary and regular rounds when I saw shielded and unshielded opponents.
Just leave the incendiary rounds on.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

firebolt5 wrote:

You know, you could just take a class that only has one option

Though I loved beeing Soldier and using sniper rifles since the Focus ability made headshots a walk in the park... I believe Armor Piercing ammo is the best all-rounder (I think it's the one you unlock via thane)...

Poseidon wrote:

also: Assault rifle with cooling upgrade X in ME1 = UN-LIMITED-POWER!!!

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-12-12 17:29:37)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

FloppY_ wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Though I loved beeing Soldier and using sniper rifles since the Focus ability made headshots a walk in the park... I believe Armor Piercing ammo is the best all-rounder (I think it's the one you unlock via thane)...

Poseidon wrote:

It was too annoying in the begining when your guns sucked and too easy at the end when they pwnd.

ME2 had a fairly steady difficulty curve.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Did I mention that I can't fucking wait for this? K

PS, very little doubt it's delayed to Q1/Q2 2012.

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-12-12 22:08:30)

Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Did I mention that I can't fucking wait for this?
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

FloppY_ wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It was too annoying in the begining when your guns sucked and too easy at the end when they pwnd.

ME2 had a fairly steady difficulty curve.
true, however I didn't really like that they moved from passive cooling to thermal clips

Stimey wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Did I mention that I can't fucking wait for this?
!!!

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-12-13 07:47:54)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438
Thermal clips was the biggest improvement.

Passive cooling was annoying, you had to stand around and wait for your gun to cool.
Mugen
+19|5969
Nice, simultaneous release on all 3 platforms. Prolly get it for PS3 or PC then.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Thermal clips was the biggest improvement.

Passive cooling was annoying, you had to stand around and wait for your gun to cool.
The constant shortage was annoying though, forcing you to change weapons often.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
That was annoying. You could carry a max of 14 sniper rifle bullets or something. Preeeeeetty stupid. It didn't bother me that much. I pretty much always had shotgun ammo as a Vanguard because I was always in their face when i killed them.

I wish they had a combination of the two, sinply for the sake of the fiction. The clips were there to eliminate the long cooling times. That much makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that you couldn't just leave the last clip in and let it slowly cool down if you had run out.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-12-13 11:37:38)

FloppY_
­

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

That was annoying. You could carry a max of 14 sniper rifle bullets or something. Preeeeeetty stupid. It didn't bother me that much. I pretty much always had shotgun ammo as a Vanguard because I was always in their face when i killed them.

I wish they had a combination of the two, sinply for the sake of the fiction. The clips were there to eliminate the long cooling times. That much makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that you couldn't just leave the last clip in and let it slowly cool down if you had run out.
Or even better just carry 3 clips total and while using one the others are cooling ?
BRiiNDED
+137|6094
Cool down in ME1 was only bad for a few hours or so, not hard to get better weapons/mods.  By the time your nearing the end of the game you virtually have infinite ammo
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah by the end of ME1 I could fire the assault rifle infinitely at full accuracy without it ever overheating.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

FloppY_ wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Or even better just carry 3 clips total and while using one the others are cooling ?
Just make the "Universal" clips universal. You always carried enough ammo, but it was incompatible from one weapon type to another. Stupid system.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Yeh hopefully this game is a hybrid of the first and second.

The whole ammo thing should just be a mix - you can fire slowly and never run out or fire quickly and burn out your gun and need to use another clip. The sniper thing was stupid, you play an infiltrator and get 14 shots before you have to go scrounging for ammo and/or use your alternative shitty SMG.

Most importantly, from memory ammo/damage didnt change that much over the course of the game. Obviously ME1 was broken in that regard but at least there was progression there - from overheating and being inaccurate to never overheating and shooting pistols as fast as assault rifles.

Also, obligatory actually have an inventory/loot, etc.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
FloppY_
­

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Yeh hopefully this game is a hybrid of the first and second.

The whole ammo thing should just be a mix - you can fire slowly and never run out or fire quickly and burn out your gun and need to use another clip. The sniper thing was stupid, you play an infiltrator and get 14 shots before you have to go scrounging for ammo and/or use your alternative shitty SMG.

Most importantly, from memory ammo/damage didnt change that much over the course of the game. Obviously ME1 was broken in that regard but at least there was progression there - from overheating and being inaccurate to never overheating and shooting pistols as fast as assault rifles.

Also, obligatory actually have an inventory/loot, etc.
Yeah I really liked the upgrade/inventory/trading system... Even if it was imba
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
How do you stop a vanguard from charging?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Take away his credit chit

What has a head, 2 arms and 2 legs, all 26 feet away from each other?

Kaidan on Virmire

from: http://www.masseffectsaves.com/MESS/ME2ColoringBook.pdf
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Kaidan on Virmire

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438
Volus did Eden Prime.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Think I might player through the first one again. I'll probably still genocide the Rachni cos I'm like that.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I'll never forget Mass Effect... at first I hated it with a passion, then learned to love it, now I'm totally obsessed.  By far the best single player experience money can buy

CANT WAIT FOR NUMBER 3!  Just have to get a new Xbox by then.... gotta have those save file transfers and shit
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Kaidan on Virmire

laughed so hard at the calibrations page.
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard